+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    So you want the UK to declare war on Russia?
    Nobody has declared war, except Russia.
    Should we just change our FB profiles and fly Ukrainian flags in support?
    The UK AND the rest of the Nato members, need to step in and push them back.

International

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Peace be with you, too. Chill out. Read the post immediately after.

Actually, Brexit had a major effect on me. I was intending to go back to France to work and then retire.

Just for the record, I don't think what I posted was "shite". You may feel any criticism of one's nation is unacceptable, I don't. I think it's healthy. Have you not seen there have been 2K+ arrests in Russia of anti-war protesters? Your logic points to the Russian authorities being justified.
    My point is that all the people who regularly slag off the UK could easily go somewhere else but don't. Unlike the people of ukraine who have nowhere to go. I don't agree with everything this country does but I know people in the EU who have told me that bexit or not if they were to they had to go home they'd have to be dragged kicking and screaming because UK is far and away better than where they were born If people like sludge think this place is so bad I'd love to know where they would prefer to live.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    My point is that all the people who regularly slag off the UK could easily go somewhere else but don't. Unlike the people of ukraine who have nowhere to go. I don't agree with everything this country does but I know people in the EU who have told me that bexit or not if they were to they had to go home they'd have to be dragged kicking and screaming because UK is far and away better than where they were born If people like sludge think this place is so bad I'd love to know where they would prefer to live.
    This is kind of thing that annoys me. Bloke talking absolute bullshit to try and use this situation to make our country (his own country!!) look bad when people are putting their lives on the line in Ukraine for theirs.

And the same old 'FBPE' types lap it up. But it's rubbish.

https://twitter.com/chrishoar/status...21466869727232

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    This is kind of thing that annoys me. Bloke talking absolute bullshit to try and use this situation to make our country (his own country!!) look bad when people are putting their lives on the line in Ukraine for theirs.

And the same old 'FBPE' types lap it up. But it's rubbish.

https://twitter.com/chrishoar/status...21466869727232
    Jimbo, you've lost me. Are you saying you disagree with dissent because it's "unpatriotic"?

First Team

Snags, do you think Sludge should have his subjectship stripped from him because he is critical of Westminster? That sounds like a totalitarian regime ... like Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    They Did it!!
    I'm pleased about that; they would never have voted against Russia but at least they are not demonstrating full blown support for Russia's aggression.

International

Snags, do you think Sludge should have his subjectship stripped from him because he is critical of Westminster? That sounds like a totalitarian regime ... like Russia.
    you can twist things as much as you want but I know that you understand exactly what I mean. you have all these links to this and that saying but the fact remains he and people like him continually berate th4 government for getting involved in wars they thing the government should not get involved in, and then he gets up om his hind legs and start slagging off the government for not getting involved in a war that has nothing to do with us directly. He, and you, can't have it both ways.
    Sit in the sates and tell everybody how useless the UK is by all means, but do not seek to lecture me, I've been there and done it. You just spout shite!! End of!

We should stand up the little legs Putin. The the Uk suggested a no fly zone over Ukraine and little legs responded with if any British jet attacks Russian planes then was with Nato will start,
    He also was quoted that if he see's any nato involvement has a threat then there will be retaliation.
    The short arse high heel wearing muppet is nothing but an egotistic bully.

Nato should put a no fly zone over Ukraine and troops on the ground and call them a peace keeping force and are there to help the situation and warn Putin that any attacks on it's forces on the ground or breaking the no fly rule will result in retaliation.

you can twist things as much as you want but I know that you understand exactly what I mean. you have all these links to this and that saying but the fact remains he and people like him continually berate th4 government for getting involved in wars they thing the government should not get involved in, and then he gets up om his hind legs and start slagging off the government for not getting involved in a war that has nothing to do with us directly. He, and you, can't have it both ways.
    Sit in the sates and tell everybody how useless the UK is by all means, but do not seek to lecture me, I've been there and done it. You just spout shite!! End of!
    Sludge is a mixed up fool.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Nobody has declared war, except Russia.
    Should we just change our FB profiles and fly Ukrainian flags in support?
    The UK AND the rest of the Nato members, need to step in and push them back.
    I think he's saying that doing that would be declaring war on Russia.

Jimbo, you've lost me. Are you saying you disagree with dissent because it's "unpatriotic"?
    No, I disagree with them because they talk absolute shite and use the situation to pursue their own political agenda.

I also absolutely defend their right to talk absolute shite.

I do also think a lot of people in the UK are unpatriotic, and that's absolutely fine. It's weird, but it's fine and patriotism is a poorly defined concept anyway. It does frustrate me how quick some people are to talk down their own country incessantly however, and ignore the good and illuminate the bad disproportionately.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I think he's saying that doing that would be declaring war on Russia.
    Then so be it. Does the rest of Europe just sit and watch? What if Putin wants to invade another country. Do we just sit back and watch that too?

Then so be it. Does the rest of Europe just sit and watch? What if Putin wants to invade another country. Do we just sit back and watch that too?
    Europe's goal for 70+ years has been to avoid war at all costs. Putin is taking full advantage of that, knowing this is Europe's bottom line. And he is ready for war now, Europe isn't.

Declaring war on a nuclear state is a no turning back decision. Things will never be the same again. It's really not as simple as sitting back and watching, or 'so be it'.

Europe's goal for 70+ years has been to avoid war at all costs. Putin is taking full advantage of that, knowing this is Europe's bottom line. And he is ready for war now, Europe isn't.

Declaring war on a nuclear state is a no turning back decision. Things will never be the same again. It's really not as simple as sitting back and watching, or 'so be it'.
    So you’re answer is Yes. We just sit back and watch.

If Russia take Ukraine without then i wouldn't put it passed the fruitcake to find an excuse to target one of Poland, Slovakia, ,Hungary or Romania next

So you’re answer is Yes. We just sit back and watch.
    No. The choice isn't black or white - sit back and watch vs declare war on a nuclear state

I don't know the best thing to do, obviously. I guess I'd say turn everything off for Russia immediately and make them a pariah. No trade, no outside financial transactions - make life hard and unbearable for those living there, without it coming to war. If the Russian people turn against Putin, that may be the best way to get him to back down or get him out.

They will fight back with cyber warfare, which won't be pleasant either, but it's better than fighting back with nuclear weapons - which he has threatened to do and none of us can be sure if it's an idle threat or serious one.

No. The choice isn't black or white - sit back and watch vs declare war on a nuclear state

I don't know the best thing to do, obviously. I guess I'd say turn everything off for Russia immediately and make them a pariah. No trade, no outside financial transactions - make life hard and unbearable for those living there, without it coming to war. If the Russian people turn against Putin, that may be the best way to get him to back down or get him out.

They will fight back with cyber warfare, which won't be pleasant either, but it's better than fighting back with nuclear weapons - which he has threatened to do and none of us can be sure if it's an idle threat or serious one.
    who's economy fails first, russia coz sanctions ,the west coz refugees?,belarus has already tried to weaponize 'refugees' ,no massive shock and awe ,let the people leave .they are the weapon .

First Team

This. The only difference to what you say that I'd hypothesize is that the West is currently struggling to get a consensus and the plan is to slowly add sanctions until Putin (hopefully) yields. Also, it's probably a lot easier to create sanctions on energy after the winter. The fear is the West is dealing with an ageing sociopath who has nukes who won't yield.

First Team

No, I disagree with them because they talk absolute shite and use the situation to pursue their own political agenda.

I do also think a lot of people in the UK are unpatriotic, and that's absolutely fine. It's weird, but it's fine and patriotism is a poorly defined concept anyway. It does frustrate me how quick some people are to talk down their own country incessantly however, and ignore the good and illuminate the bad disproportionately.
    I shan't labour the point but you seem to be describing a healthy, tolerant society to me. Dissent is good even if you disagree with it. It's actually patriotic.

First Team

I'll be in Roath (kinda) next week.

I do enjoy the Socratic method but my question wasn't an attempt to lecture you.

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    who's economy fails first, russia coz sanctions ,the west coz refugees?,belarus has already tried to weaponize 'refugees' ,no massive shock and awe ,let the people leave .they are the weapon .
    If that's the choice, Russia definitely.

If that's the choice, Russia definitely.
    its not a 'choice'

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    its not a 'choice'
    You seemed to be asking a question - whose economy would fail first. That's my answer.

You seemed to be asking a question - whose economy would fail first. That's my answer.
    fat fingers, lost some of my reply. 5 million a day [grundian readers reply] for the refugees at the moment , germany still importing gas ,oil coal from russia ,not the only one .i'd say thats income as opposed to the out going of looking after the huddled masses

Patriotism is a bad thing in some ways, but Im as patriotic as the next person when it comes to Wales right down to the hairs on my neck standing up when I hear something like Yma O Hyd. I’ve never felt the same about the UK and what pride I had in being British has taken a knock in recent years.

However, what Putin is doing is beyond my comprehension and as I am not militarily minded in the slightest and have little or no understanding of that mind set because it doesn’t interest me, I’m having to rely on gut feelings when it comes to Ukraine and I’m surprising myself by how hawkish I feel. That said, I’ve always felt Putin needed to be kept in check or, hopefully, out of power and, although you have to wonder if the price being paid is worth it, I’m fairly confident that, one way or another, he’lll be gone when this whole thing ends.

Everyone seems to agree that sanctions can be effective in the long term, but Ukraine’s problems are as much short term as long term and so my gut says we should be doing more now and if that includes putting boots on the ground then so be it. However, I take note of comments I’ve heard saying that, no matter what you may think of him, Putin’s military actions have been quite shrewd in the past when looked at from his point of view, but now he just seems to be lashing out in a manner which asks questions about his sanity - Russia has been making sabre rattling statements to Finland and Sweden in the past twenty four hours about the consequences of them joining NATO and it seems to me that we now have a rogue state with the power to start an apocalypse whose leader is more likely to turn to the nuclear option than almost anyone I can think of in my lifetime.

In terms of domestic politics, I don’t like the UKs Government’s attitude towards the Oligarchs (the last Labour Government were not much better either) and there are legitimate questions to be asked about the Conservative parties relationship with some powerful Putin allies, but I’m not going to be over critical of the decisions made by them in the last few days except that they do not go far enough (to be fair, they do want to go further on things like Swift).

What I would say is that I don’t envy leaders of the anti Russian majority one little bit. It’s easy to spout opinions on a messageboard (it’s always amazing how many people there are on them who know exactly how any political problems arise and how they can be solved). In my case though, all I’ve got is gut instinct and, in this situation, you need a lot more than that.