+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The Russian Army is fecking solid

They are very patriotic and handy ****3rs

The Russian Special Forces are well drilled and used to exercises in difficult conditions

Hitler lost it on the Eastern front for two reasons

His men had to fight in the depths of the russian winter

Secondly they had to try and take Stalingrad and it's citizens and the red army

And they were tasty
    The Ukrainians seem just as handy at the moment

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

I wonder what would happen if millions of Ukrainians took to the streets of the capital in defiance of the Russian incursion? We all know that Putin has lost it thinking Ukrainians want Russia to take over, but maybe he’d see it then with his own eyes, what would the Russians do then? They can hardly start chucking bombs on them can they? Images like that would surely see the Russian people rise up no?
    They’d just have to turn around a F off surely?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It’s great to know aswell as experts on scientific matters - see the coronavirus thread for proof - we have military experts too. I don’t bother watching the news, it’s all here…..
    You don't need to be a military expert or be an ex squaddie to know that Russia with a huge air capability in the area will quickly rule the skies over Ukraine which itself has very few aircraft

And if its to be a land battle the Ukranians will be armed by anti tank stuff provided by the west but it simply won't be enough

Hopefully Putin will get taken out by his own men before it gets nasty

It’s great to know as well as experts on scientific matters - see the coronavirus thread for proof - we have military experts too. I don’t bother watching the news, it’s all here…..
    Yes!

FMQ.jpg

You don't need to be a military expert or be an ex squaddie to know that Russia with a huge air capability in the area will quickly rule the skies over Ukraine which itself has very few aircraft

And if its to be a land battle the Ukranians will be armed by anti tank stuff provided by the west but it simply won't be enough

Yes his security council meeting the other day was just bizarre, the guy speaking looked like he was about to keel over and die at any moment, the weight of the world no doubt on his shoulders…..

Come on now.That's just being silly

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Come on now.That's just being silly
    Well you gotta hope for something otherwise its going tits up

It’s great to know aswell as experts on scientific matters - see the coronavirus thread for proof - we have military experts too. I don’t bother watching the news, it’s all here…..
    Lol, very good. We truly are blessed with quality on this board.

I mentioned this to someone earlier i believe Putin is causing or will cause a few from within his circle serious concern.
    Putin and his hangers on have been planning for this for years and have millions stashed away so these sanctions will never hurt him
    But it will hurt many others who could be capable and willing to take him out.
    I bet there are quite a few people behind the larger scale russian businesess starting to worry about finances to.
    Unless he promises to compensate them?

Well you gotta hope for something otherwise its going tits up
    At least there will be tits Sludge, silver lining.

Imagine we had Corbyn running the show now god forbid, kids might be learning Russian in schools already
    Amen comrade

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I tell you what, the British solider is held is high regard around the world, its one of the best, certainly not " tin pot " or a " toy solider " an its embarrassing to even say that

do people want British boots on the ground, it is a fine balance, we might have to act as part of NATO

Once again, if we didnt have Trident, Putin would be crossing Europe with ease and booking ferries to hit the UK son enough , a deterrent is a deterrent no matter what the cost it is to the British tax payer
    Hence Russian cosyness with SNP and breakaway with UK and nieve SNP wanting removal of Trident.

Clever politics from Russia as SNP forgets its strengths in unity .

Bet Ukraine regret giving nukes up .

Welcome to the world of bullies

Amen comrade
    But but but Jeremy Corbyn loony alert. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

We need to support Ukraine for about two weeks by then Russia is bankrupt let's hope weapons and specials forces are in there.

Good luck lads if they are .

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I see what some people say regarding the russian army on social media and in my opinion most is exaggerated
    being fair, I think the popular consensus ( though we I guess will never know for certain ) is that over 1/2 the Russian army are conscripted soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We need to support Ukraine for about two weeks by then Russia is bankrupt let's hope weapons and specials forces are in there.

Good luck lads if they are .
    It will take longer than 2 weeks for Russia to go bankrupt.

Thye have reserves of over 600 billion dollars

being fair, I think the popular consensus ( though we I guess will never know for certain ) is that over 1/2 the Russian army are conscripted soldiers
    Similar to our old National Service.
    Probably more than fifty or sixty countries still do that sort of thing or very similar.
    Quite a lot probably don't want to be there and hate it so their hearts may not be in it has much has a soldier who wanted to join the forces.

Similar to our old National Service.
    Probably more than fifty or sixty countries still do that sort of thing or very similar.
    Quite a lot probably don't want to be there and hate it so their hearts may not be in it has much has a soldier who wanted to join the forces.
    and maybe not that keen to kill people who just want to be left alone and not invaded

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    It will take longer than 2 weeks for Russia to go bankrupt.

Thye have reserves of over 600 billion dollars
    and 900 billion worth of gold too !

Quote from
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/worl...0517447/page/2

Across tweets, TikToks and Facebook posts there is a growing body of evidence of the scale of setbacks suffered by the Russian army.
    Prisoners are interrogated, some dazed from the shock of capture and death of comrades, mumbling that they never knew they were being sent to Ukraine. One young Russian sits with his head in his hands, hiding his face as local people shout abuse about President Putin. Another, asked if he has a message for his family, says, “I love you.”
    Along with the growing number of videos of prisoners there is grislier stuff of charred corpses in burnt out vehicles. The toll of dead and captured is unclear but UK defence ministry estimates of hundreds of fatalities are likely to be true, particularly if reports about two Russian transport aircraft being shot down in the early hours of Saturday are confirmed. There could be many tens of prisoners, given the videos circulating.
    The revelation of these losses back home could have serious consequences for Putin. There is a long legacy of protest by soldiers’ mothers, for example during the Afghan and Chechen wars. Hence reports that Russia began restricting access to Twitter and Facebook, perhaps to slow the spread of images and testimony.

If it's true that half the Russian invasion force is made up of conscripts, then maybe if things get really bad for them, might we see large scale surrender of these youngsters? I realise they have probably have been fed on a diet of patriotic rhetoric before they left home but faced with the reality of having to kill people who have never actually been any threat to them......?

Seems like the Ukrainians are fighting harder than anyone thought they could. Unbelievably skilled and brave. Seems like the anti war protests in Russia have been big, despite the fact that they've tried to cover them up as much as possible. Hopefully when the bodybags start turning up in their tens of thousands the Russian people will rise up.

l can understand the women and children wanting to leave Ukraine but not the men.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Seems like the Ukrainians are fighting harder than anyone thought they could. Unbelievably skilled and brave. Seems like the anti war protests in Russia have been big, despite the fact that they've tried to cover them up as much as possible. Hopefully when the bodybags start turning up in their tens of thousands the Russian people will rise up.
    If this report (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVPTqHZqdz0) is correct then they won't be seeing many body-bags at all. Mr. Putin has already anticipated your thinking!

No russian handouts under Labour? The russians have been quite generous long before this conservative goverment
    Olive’s passing has really hit you, hasn’t it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    If this report (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVPTqHZqdz0) is correct then they won't be seeing many body-bags at all. Mr. Putin has already anticipated your thinking!
    Jeez, that's absolutely chilling