+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Jeez, that's absolutely chilling
    A glimpse into the sick mind of Putin and his entourage?

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Olive’s passing has really hit you, hasn’t it.
    The russian money has been handed out long before the conservatives

BREAKING: Germany has announced its allies have taken decision to cut Russia from SWIFT

oh lordy here we go

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    BREAKING: Germany has announced its allies have taken decision to cut Russia from SWIFT

oh lordy here we go
    Good stuff….just need china to publicly condemn them now. Maybe he will realise his massive mistake, even if he did withdraw I can’t see anyway forward for a Russia with Putin in control

oh lordy here we go
    *Certain Russian banks from SWIFT

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    *Certain Russian banks from SWIFT
    yes as per message from white house

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...omic-measures/

oh lordy here we go
    According to Ursula Von de Leyen, they are going to remove selected banks from Swift and also prevent the Russian Central Bank from liquidating assets which I guess ( and I am sure someone who knows better than me will confirm) might mean that Putin won't be able to use the 600 million dollars of reserves he has.

* I put this up before I saw your other post with the Whitehouse statement Mozzer2

Well done Elon, might not be everyones cup of tea, but swift action

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Quote from
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/worl...0517447/page/2

Across tweets, TikToks and Facebook posts there is a growing body of evidence of the scale of setbacks suffered by the Russian army.
    Prisoners are interrogated, some dazed from the shock of capture and death of comrades, mumbling that they never knew they were being sent to Ukraine. One young Russian sits with his head in his hands, hiding his face as local people shout abuse about President Putin. Another, asked if he has a message for his family, says, “I love you.”
    Along with the growing number of videos of prisoners there is grislier stuff of charred corpses in burnt out vehicles. The toll of dead and captured is unclear but UK defence ministry estimates of hundreds of fatalities are likely to be true, particularly if reports about two Russian transport aircraft being shot down in the early hours of Saturday are confirmed. There could be many tens of prisoners, given the videos circulating.
    The revelation of these losses back home could have serious consequences for Putin. There is a long legacy of protest by soldiers’ mothers, for example during the Afghan and Chechen wars. Hence reports that Russia began restricting access to Twitter and Facebook, perhaps to slow the spread of images and testimony.

If it's true that half the Russian invasion force is made up of conscripts, then maybe if things get really bad for them, might we see large scale surrender of these youngsters? I realise they have probably have been fed on a diet of patriotic rhetoric before they left home but faced with the reality of having to kill people who have never actually been any threat to them......?
    gofer be a tad careful how you view footage/images coming out of Ukraine right now

lots of propaganda from both sides especially on social media right now

4 images/videos i know of posted on main stream media and social media the last 2 days pretending to be current images of the conflict when in fact they were taken a few years ago

gofer be a tad careful how you view footage/images coming out of Ukraine right now

4 images/videos i know of posted on main stream media and social media the last 2 days pretending to be current images of the conflict when in fact they were taken a few years ago
    Very true Mozzer, we wouldn't want to be fooled by fake news and disinformation.

By the way, how are Guiliani's court cases coming along to get Trump back into power? I remember you saying many times that we were on the verge of seeing some pretty damning evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Very true Mozzer, we wouldn't want to be fooled by fake news and disinformation.

By the way, how are Guiliani's court cases coming along to get Trump back into power? I remember you saying many times that we were on the verge of seeing some pretty damning evidence.
    Must admit I thought the same when I read that - what Mozzer says is correct in many ways, but ........

News of a strong German response in this piece about how things aren't working out how Putin wanted at the moment.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-pariah-putin

Liz Truss: Don't let a war get in the way of a photo opportunity. https://twitter.com/trussliz/status/...063208963?s=21

Plus a Tory MP tells the women and children fleeing war to apply for a visa to pick fruit.

Appeasing their right wing loons again.

This government are a disgrace. We should take as many refugees as possible, other countries are. Why not us???

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Liz Truss: Don't let a war get in the way of a photo opportunity. https://twitter.com/trussliz/status/...063208963?s=21

Plus a Tory MP tells the women and children fleeing war to apply for a visa to pick fruit.

This government are a disgrace. We should take as many refugees as possible, other countries are. Why not us???
    Is it just a coincidence that groups such as conservative friends of Russia and their allies threw money like confetti at the brexit campaign ?

Because ......a Europe free of Britain's influence on the military front is a lot more appealing to mess about with by the chaps from Moscow .....

It's all bollocks

Yeah stick it to those nasty Russians

We will back you and give you safe haven

Possibly not

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Must admit I thought the same when I read that - what Mozzer says is correct in many ways, but ........

News of a strong German response in this piece about how things aren't working out how Putin wanted at the moment.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-pariah-putin
    The concern is if Putin's plans go awry and he doesn't achieve his objectives as expected, he is likely to up the ante and deploy overwhelming force against civilian targets. The sooner the bulk of the population evacuate the country the better. The likelihood is that there will be a rump resistance force left which will bog the Russians down significantly.

I'd like to see some concrete promises by the west that we will pay and provide manpower to rebuild the cities of the Ukraine when they finally prevail over the Russians.

If they are going to have to blow up their own country to beat russia, it should be in the full knowledge that they will be helped to rebuild.

Andriy Zagorodnyuk, former Ukrainian defense minister, says Belarus is about to declare war on Ukraine:

"There is information about airborne troopers from Belarus loaded on the planes to enter Ukraine

not the news i want to see today

Yes, I know, you are right to point that out. This was a BBC piece which I would trust more than most but I suppose it provoked the thought in me that yes, if there are a fair proportion of young soldiers (conscripts or otherwise) in the Russian army, and they are not used to real battle conditions, then I could imagine seeing their close comrades blown to pieces or burnt alive in armoured vehicles, they might regard surrender as a preferable option? Leaving aside the fact that the thought of killing people who are so closely related to their own people would also have a severe demoralising effect.

I am no military expert by any means, but I would guess that in this invasion situation the defenders are more likely to feel that they are fighting a just cause rather than the aggressors who are probably questioning what the heck are we doing here?

I haven't seen any source for the "fruit picking" statement but David Lammy did mention it on the Sunday Morning programme on BBC TV this morning, so I presume it's true, in which case that is disgusting. As someone who has already brought a Syrian refugee family to the UK via the Home Office local community sponsorship scheme I will be writing to my MP to put pressure on the Home Secretary to announce a specific number of Ukrainian refugees that the UK will take so that local authorities and individual community groups can plan ahead. Without that information then little will happen sadly. I would urge fellow MB members to do the same - write to your MP, don't just whinge on a football forum.

Talks now supposedly on Belarus/Ukraine border. Ukraine you can bet your bottom dollar on will declare they no longer intend to join NATO, and who’s to blame them if they do.

I haven't seen any source for the "fruit picking" statement but David Lammy did mention it on the Sunday Morning programme on BBC TV this morning, so I presume it's true, in which case that is disgusting. As someone who has already brought a Syrian refugee family to the UK via the Home Office local community sponsorship scheme I will be writing to my MP to put pressure on the Home Secretary to announce a specific number of Ukrainian refugees that the UK will take so that local authorities and individual community groups can plan ahead. Without that information then little will happen sadly. I would urge fellow MB members to do the same - write to your MP, don't just whinge on a football forum.
    He has since deleted the tweet.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-devon-60545019

Russian nuclear deterrence forces put on “high alert” in response to “aggressive” NATO statements.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Russian nuclear deterrence forces put on “high alert” in response to “aggressive” NATO statements.
    Jesus wept…someone needs to take the loon out before he goes too far…..

The UK Border Agency is turning back Ukrainians at the Paris Eurostar terminal.

What has Britain become?

The UK Border Agency is turning back Ukrainians at the Paris Eurostar terminal.

What has Britain become?
    Source please?