+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Fish not ducks methinks.
    You are getting confused with sitting fish

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

After the CIA started covertly supplying the Afghan mujahideen 'Stinger' missile launchers in their fight against the old Soviet Union, the Soviets were losing an average of one aircraft a day.
    It completely changed the way they conducted air operations and instilled a sense of foreboding in the Soviet pilots.

It's common knowledge that the Ukrainians have in their possession a growing number of such weapons, along with potent anti-tank weapons.
    Perhaps this is part of the reason why the Russians are making such slow advances, mindful of what could await them once they get in range of such weaponry.

I bet old assad is feeling a bit twitchy now. All the russian mercenaries have already been pulled out and sent to Ukraine, I bet most of the decent soldiers and kit will end up sent to Ukraine aswell. Think a few forces may rear up in Syria again, this time he won't have anyone to protect him

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    After the CIA started covertly supplying the Afghan mujahideen 'Stinger' missile launchers in their fight against the old Soviet Union, the Soviets were losing an average of one aircraft a day.
    It completely changed the way they conducted air operations and instilled a sense of foreboding in the Soviet pilots.

It's common knowledge that the Ukrainians have in their possession a growing number of such weapons, along with potent anti-tank weapons.
    Perhaps this is part of the reason why the Russians are making such slow advances, mindful of what could await them once they get in range of such weaponry.
    I'd be shocked if this convoy hasn't been attacked soon.
    They are running low on fuel and food i'd like to see this convoy hit in the middle and rear first i think it's there for the taking.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Fish not ducks methinks.
    No, ducks. Like the Russian convoy these would be much easier targets!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    No, ducks. Like the Russian convoy these would be much easier targets!
    Like "sitting ducks" - like "shooting fish in a barrel".
    Isn't that how the sayings go?

I see Usyk has taken up arms to fight the Russians also…..fair play to him and the millions of other Ukrainians taking up the fight against the tyranny of evil….

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Like "sitting ducks" - like "shooting fish in a barrel".
    Isn't that how the sayings go?
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I'd be shocked if this convoy hasn't been attacked soon.
    They are running low on fuel and food i'd like to see this convoy hit in the middle and rear first i think it's there for the taking.

Just my opinion.
    Why don't you say what you really want Stan? You'd like them smashed in the guts and kicked in the arse.

Recently came across a Moscow based independent news site they don't seem to be shying away from calling it an invasion yet.

Interesting article from January on the recent talks between Russia and nato.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/...evealed-a76108

Watching the klitchko brothers talking earlier on bbc news….crazy….seeing how much they detest the Russians

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Watching the klitchko brothers talking earlier on bbc news….crazy….seeing how much they detest the Russians
    Forgot usyk was Ukrainian. They have had some boxers with the brothers and Loma also joining up.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I think I'd probably detest the Russians if they were invading my country. Admirable bravery being shown by the Ukrainians, so sad they've been put in this situation though

Russia now admitting to 500 dead

Which means that they have lost far more

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

Doubt it will matter a jot to anyone who matters. Putin will just see them as cannon fodder, an acceptable cost (if he even sees their deaths as a cost).

But yeah based on these reports all we really know is that it's more than 500 and less than 5000!

Add a zero to anything they say hey. Really young Russian soldiers according to the Ukrainians who are telling them they’ve been lied too and they are all going to die….

Could probably take the figures the Russian and Ukrainians give and go down the middle.

I only just found out that Lugansk/Luhansk, the administrative centre for one of the Ukraine regions Putin has declared an independent republic, is twinned with Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I only just found out that Lugansk/Luhansk, the administrative centre for one of the Ukraine regions Putin has declared an independent republic, is twinned with Cardiff.
    Yikes, let's hope he doesn't get confused by that.

Alisher Usmanov and former Russian Deputy PM Igor Shuvalov have been given full asset freezes and travel bans

https://www.reddit.com/r/interesting...m_source=share

the older generation in Russia have fully bought into Putin's propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/interesting...m_source=share

the older generation in Russia have fully bought into Putin's propaganda.
    link doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    link doesn't work
    ah works in the Reddit app for me

Not making light of the situation but this did make me laugh. You have to stay to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Not making light of the situation but this did make me laugh. You have to stay to the end.

That was nuts