+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    So if I understand your point correctly, when I call you an absolute prat I am actually acting in a Christianic manner, right?
    Only if you can justify your reasons for calling me that (or much worse) just like Jesus did, then that's fine.

Or you can be like all the other hit & run stars on here who can't make a stand to prove their side of the argument because they don't have one. Your call.

I was just about to paste the same thing.
    This is nuts, has to be a tipping point.

These kids are pissed at the new censorship law there too.

https://youtu.be/3yKJFysG2i0

Was hoping to read some reasonable discourse on this war, to put my mind at rest a bit. Sadly all I see is a religious fanatic spewing out more baseless claims from the “holy book”.

It’s like reliving my childhood over again. All bad things are the devil’s work, all good things gods. It contains very convenient stuff this “holy book”, almost as if the Bible was written by men similar to Putin to keep the masses in check and constant fear.

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Only if you can justify your reasons for calling me that (or much worse) just like Jesus did, then that's fine.

Or you can be like all the other hit & run stars on here who can't make a stand to prove their side of the argument because they don't have one. Your call.
    I think there is enough evidence in this thread to reach that conclusion.

You would be better entitled cut and Truthpaste. The internet is awash with sites decontextualising verses or bits of the Bible and reinterpreting to predict or explain modern day events. Hoovering these up and representing them as if you have joined the dots is not particularly novel.

Indeed it is little different to the conspiracy theory branch of this board, taking internet interpretations of the spoutings of QAnon or the thoughts of third rate comedians as predictors of coming events.

Take the Zechariah half-verse you quoted. The rest of that Chapter predicts what will happen to those who attacked Jerusalem. It very precisely geographically bounds where the predicted events will take place and surprise surprise, they are all close to Jerusalem. But then again if all you do is Google, Bible and Nuclear war all you get is a bunch of zealots homing in on that verse.

As others have said, discussion of events in Ukraine don't particularly need religious carpetbaggers hijacking the thread out of narcissistic piety.

Look I know thread sometimes go off the main topic, but enough is enough surely?

I have nothing against religious discussion, but can I ask if you want to expound your views, please start a specific thread where you can discuss theology to your hearts content. I may even join in the discussion but I am not going to on this thread.

Don't worry, a moderator will be along any week now to clean this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Look I know thread sometimes go off the main topic, but enough is enough surely?

I have nothing against religious discussion, but can I ask if you want to expound your views, please start a specific thread where you can discuss theology to your hearts content. I may even join in the discussion but I am not going to on this thread.
    Absolutely. Hijacking this thread about a very serious matter with ridiculous religious propaganda is is in very poor taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

Ditto here. Clearly there are prophecies in the Bible regarding the “end times” (the wormwood reference is particularly chilling) but Jesus himself said neither he nor anyone else on earth knows when this will happen so endless speculation here or anywhere else is pointless. Actually any further debate in a new thread is pretty pointless as the two camps on this MB are completely entrenched and diametrically opposed in their views.

I do have an increasingly uneasy feeling about the Ukraine situation, re unintended consequences and all that e.g. I see today USA warns China not to interfere by supplying weapons to Russia. In the midst of all the chaos who knows if our old friend Kim Jong Un might not do something provocative just to up the tension as he has been pretty quiet of late. In a hair trigger situation such as we have now, it wouldn't take much for some loony to press the proverbial red button.

Meanwhile I'm going to do something practical and starting looking into how to sign up on-line to register to volunteer to take in a Ukrainian refugee mum and kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Ditto here. Clearly there are prophecies in the Bible regarding the “end times” (the wormwood reference is particularly chilling) but Jesus himself said neither he nor anyone else on earth knows when this will happen so endless speculation here or anywhere else is pointless. Actually any further debate in a new thread is pretty pointless as the two camps on this MB are completely entrenched and diametrically opposed in their views.

I do have an increasingly uneasy feeling about the Ukraine situation, re unintended consequences and all that e.g. I see today USA warns China not to interfere by supplying weapons to Russia. In the midst of all the chaos who knows if our old friend Kim Jong Un might not do something provocative just to up the tension as he has been pretty quiet of late. In a hair trigger situation such as we have now, it wouldn't take much for some loony to press the proverbial red button.

Meanwhile I'm going to do something practical and starting looking into how to sign up on-line to register to volunteer to take in a Ukrainian refugee mum and kids.
    I don't think there is much in recent history to suggest that North Korea have any interest in world events outside of the Korean peninsula, or the capability to do anything significant about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I was just about to paste the same thing.
    This is nuts, has to be a tipping point.

These kids are pissed at the new censorship law there too.

https://youtu.be/3yKJFysG2i0
    yeah it's incredible isn't it. I'd say it was fake it's so bizarre, but it's hard to imagine faking that in the middle of red square, with uninformed officers etc

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Absolutely. Hijacking this thread about a very serious matter with ridiculous religious propaganda is is in very poor taste.
    None of my points have deflected from the serious matter at hand, they have simply given a divine (biblical) perspective on world events; if this board was running in the 1950's then there would be plenty of City supporters who would be able discuss this in a similar fashion. The fact that we now live in a mainly secular country which now aligns much closer to the atheistic attitudes of China, Korea & Russia isn't actually my fault. But now I know that aside from juvenile insults from people who don't actually know why they believe what they believe I will grant you your wish and you can return to your chosen perspective from 'under the sun' without any further comment - unless I need to address anyone who again chooses to take my words out of of their given context.

As has been mentioned, the involvement of China, Russia seeking troops from the Middle East (Syria) and explosions near to UN territory then there is more than enough to keep an eye on, and someone who acknowledges the Almighty is probably the least of your problems.

None of my points have deflected from the serious matter at hand, they have simply given a divine (biblical) perspective on world events; if this board was running in the 1950's then there would be plenty of City supporters who would be able discuss this in a similar fashion. The fact that we now live in a mainly secular country which now aligns much closer to the atheistic attitudes of China, Korea & Russia isn't actually my fault. But now I know that aside from juvenile insults from people who don't actually know why they believe what they believe I will grant you your wish and you can return to your chosen perspective from 'under the sun' without any further comment - unless I need to address anyone who again chooses to take my words out of of their given context.

As has been mentioned, the involvement of China, Russia seeking troops from the Middle East (Syria) and explosions near to UN territory then there is more than enough to keep an eye on, and someone who acknowledges the Almighty is probably the least of your problems.
    Oh just **** off nobody wants to hear your shit.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Don't worry, a moderator will be along any week now to clean this up.
    Just mention a certain owner of another board and it will be removed within an hour or two

First Team

Listen, you fool. I'll happily debate with anybody but there has to be some common understanding of rational principles upon which to base a discussion. I'll give you an example. I know xsnaggle and I have diametrically opposed views on many societal issues but at least we can debate logically (well I can (it's a joke, snags)).

You have shown repeatedly that you're completely unwilling/unable to apply basic logic to your unfiltered bullshit. But more than this you treat everyone in a condescending, elitist manner based on what is blind faith to a dying cult. (It's not "rational faith" because rationality, philosophy and science would lead you to the conclusion that your god does not exist.)

What you don't understand is that what your spouting is dangerous bollocks. I'll repeat: it has led to millions of cases of abuse and murder as part of your cult. And I'm not an atheist, I'm an anti-theist. (Deism? That's a different matter.) In regards to the current conflict, all we need is someone like you who supposedly thinks there's an afterlife and we would have an itchy finger over the nuclear trigger (cf. Mike Pence).

What you've done is created a sideshow to the matter at hand in this thread. And I feel bad for engaging with you and feeding your idiocy.

So frankly, bye bye.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Listen, you fool. I'll happily debate with anybody but there has to be some common understanding of rational principles upon which to base a discussion. I'll give you an example. I know xsnaggle and I have diametrically opposed views on many societal issues but at least we can debate logically (well I can (it's a joke, snags)).

You have shown repeatedly that you're completely unwilling/unable to apply basic logic to your unfiltered bullshit. But more than this you treat everyone in a condescending, elitist manner based on what is blind faith to a dying cult. (It's not "rational faith" because rationality, philosophy and science would lead you to the conclusion that your god does not exist.)

What you don't understand is that what your spouting is dangerous bollocks. I'll repeat: it has led to millions of cases of abuse and murder as part of your cult. And I'm not an atheist, I'm an anti-theist. (Deism? That's a different matter.) In regards to the current conflict, all we need is someone like you who supposedly thinks there's an afterlife and we would have an itchy finger over the nuclear trigger (cf. Mike Pence).

What you've done is created a sideshow to the matter at hand in this thread. And I feel bad for engaging with you and feeding your idiocy.

So frankly, bye bye.
    Thanks for confirming my comments on the state of UK spirituality in contrast to the 1950's (and before).

As for a 'dying cult' then > According to a survey conducted by the Pew Research Center, there were only an estimated 600 million Christians worldwide in 1910. This figure has increased enormously in more recent years, with an estimated 2.2 billion Christian followers recorded in 2010. The research center also predicts that Christianity will remain the world’s largest religion for the next four decades if these trends continue, with a projected 2.9 billion people practicing Christianity worldwide by 2050 and exceeding 3 billion thereafter.

And as promised I won't be placing any fresh faith related content on this thread apart from answering any misconceived ideas in relation to what I have stated before.

Admin - can we have a separate Religion Forum set up please, then Colgate and his halo of confidence can speak to his God and tell Him all about the heathens on the main message board.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Admin - can we have a separate Religion Forum set up please, then Colgate and his halo of confidence can speak to his God and tell Him all about the heathens on the main message board.
    There’s a place for them to meet half way along Queen street, I’m sure he’s there with the other nut jobs babbling on about a book written over 2000 years ago that was created to perpetuate the object of the church, which was to control the masses with fear, fear of execution for non believers. I guess in this modern day we have Putin instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't think there is much in recent history to suggest that North Korea have any interest in world events outside of the Korean peninsula, or the capability to do anything significant about it.
    Possibly, but in these strange times I don't think anything would surprise me any more!

Thanks for confirming my comments on the state of UK spirituality in contrast to the 1950's (and before).

As for a 'dying cult' then > According to a survey conducted by the Pew Research Center, there were only an estimated 600 million Christians worldwide in 1910. This figure has increased enormously in more recent years, with an estimated 2.2 billion Christian followers recorded in 2010. The research center also predicts that Christianity will remain the world’s largest religion for the next four decades if these trends continue, with a projected 2.9 billion people practicing Christianity worldwide by 2050 and exceeding 3 billion thereafter.

And as promised I won't be placing any fresh faith related content on this thread apart from answering any misconceived ideas in relation to what I have stated before.
    Morris Chapter 1

(1) And Gwynedd Blue did begat David Vincent. And both did preach and make plain their message in the form of bold. But they did blaspheme against the word of Mike and were banished from the Kingdom of Morris for evermore.

(2) But after much time wandering the wilderness did David Vincent find salvation. There would be resurrection sayeth the Lord. There shall be a new messenger and that messenger shall be Truthpaste. And Truthpaste shall also annoint the message in the form of bold.

(3) Though the Truthpaste shall post the word of David Vincent then it mostly fell on stony ground. And Morris did see the postings of the Truthpaste (eventually). And he was angry and he banished the Truthpaste, like Gwynedd Blue and David Vincent, from the Kingdom of Morris for evermore.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It seems some jam-making nutter was calling out Putin years ago - according to this rare principled Tory journalist:

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinio...utin-oligarchs

I wonder how the press, the government, or the hierarchy of his own party (all now riding the Free Ukraine wave) reacted to that?
    JC on the right side of history - again. Peter Oborne is one of the few reliable ones left, and the fact he's the rarest of creatures - a principled Tory, lends even more weight to his credibility. I'm looking forward to reading his 'The Assault on Truth'. Well, as much as it's possible to look forward to a book that will depress the life out of me

As for the Ukraine situation - now there is talk of involvement from other countries and reports of Russia bombing near the Polish border, it's imperative that they make some progress with talks and try to resolve this diplomatically. Feels like we are slowly sleepwalking towards a much bigger conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    There’s a place for them to meet half way along Queen street, I’m sure he’s there with the other nut jobs babbling on about a book written over 2000 years ago that was created to perpetuate the object of the church, which was to control the masses with fear, fear of execution for non believers. I guess in this modern day we have Putin instead.
    Yes Putin is someone you may see a lot more of and would himself be anti-theist to the max; his current world-view is that of metaphysics - all the best with that one

And you won't see theists calling you a 'nut job' even though you and others choose to present no reasons for your world view (apart from the fact that a large majority share it) or reasons why their world view is unworkable.

Ukraine: Balcony protest at oligarch's mansion continues despite riot police https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-60736583

On to Romans pad in Kensington next I do believe….

71 refugees now housed between work colleagues & families. No adult males, all females & children. I’ve only met one family but my colleagues tell me that many of the ladies are emotionally grief stricken to the point where it’s almost impossible to provide any support.

Many are Russian speaking fromEastern Ukraine which makes matters more difficult. Also no £350 per week here!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    71 refugees now housed between work colleagues & families. No adult males, all females & children. I’ve only met one family but my colleagues tell me that many of the ladies are emotionally grief stricken to the point where it’s almost impossible to provide any support.

Many are Russian speaking fromEastern Ukraine which makes matters more difficult. Also no £350 per week here!
    No £350 per-week in the UK either.