+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    71 refugees now housed between work colleagues & families. No adult males, all females & children. I’ve only met one family but my colleagues tell me that many of the ladies are emotionally grief stricken to the point where it’s almost impossible to provide any support.

Many are Russian speaking fromEastern Ukraine which makes matters more difficult. Also no £350 per week here!
    It’s per month. Imagine how traumatised they must be…..begs belief

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    71 refugees now housed between work colleagues & families. No adult males, all females & children. I’ve only met one family but my colleagues tell me that many of the ladies are emotionally grief stricken to the point where it’s almost impossible to provide any support.

Many are Russian speaking fromEastern Ukraine which makes matters more difficult. Also no £350 per week here!
    Wonderful gesture 👏

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Admin - can we have a separate Religion Forum set up please, then Colgate and his halo of confidence can speak to his God and tell Him all about the heathens on the main message board.
    Colgate 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    10 years hard Labour in Siberia but maybe woke the Russians up?

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Thanks for confirming my comments on the state of UK spirituality in contrast to the 1950's (and before).

As for a 'dying cult' then > According to a survey conducted by the Pew Research Center, there were only an estimated 600 million Christians worldwide in 1910. This figure has increased enormously in more recent years, with an estimated 2.2 billion Christian followers recorded in 2010. The research center also predicts that Christianity will remain the world’s largest religion for the next four decades if these trends continue, with a projected 2.9 billion people practicing Christianity worldwide by 2050 and exceeding 3 billion thereafter.

And as promised I won't be placing any fresh faith related content on this thread apart from answering any misconceived ideas in relation to what I have stated before.
    Considering world population has grown at a rate greater than the rise in the number of Christians you've quoted, it's hardly a staggering statistic.
    Also, if you were around during WW1 and WW2 would the end of the world been equally as imminent?

So brave, I hope the sacrifice she has made will prove worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Holt View Post
    JC on the right side of history - again. Peter Oborne is one of the few reliable ones left, and the fact he's the rarest of creatures - a principled Tory, lends even more weight to his credibility. I'm looking forward to reading his 'The Assault on Truth'. Well, as much as it's possible to look forward to a book that will depress the life out of me

As for the Ukraine situation - now there is talk of involvement from other countries and reports of Russia bombing near the Polish border, it's imperative that they make some progress with talks and try to resolve this diplomatically. Feels like we are slowly sleepwalking towards a much bigger conflict.
    Agree about Oborne being something of a principled Tory. There are a sprinkling of others, Dominic Grieve springs to mind and I get a similar impression about David Gauke.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60744605

Marina Ovsyannikova.

She certainly is, I’d like to think I could stand up for something as brave as that.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    10 years hard Labour in Siberia but maybe woke the Russians up?
    just read she has now gone missing

Unbelievable courage because she knows exactly the consequences of doing that, wow

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    just read she has no gone missing
    How predictably Russian….

Anybody signed up to Homes for Ukraine yet? With WIZZ airlines now flying direct to Cardiff then the capital and surrounding areas would be a convenient place to receive refugees.

images of her in a court with a human rights lawyer on twitter and Reddit now.

images of her in a court with a human rights lawyer on twitter and Reddit now.
    yes she has been fined 30,000 roubles ($280) according to Reuters

Matt, when you've posted this, didn't you look at it and think to yourself that it needed editing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Matt, when you've posted this, didn't you look at it and think to yourself that it needed editing?
    I posted it on my phone while waiting for my coffee, just got home and saw it

****ing brutal.

hopefully she remains safe following this.
    the fine is one thing, but when the world's attention is elsewhere journalists have been killed in Russia for a lot less than this.

I found this article interesting.

https://uscnpm.org/2022/03/12/hu-wei...-china-choice/

hopefully she remains safe following this.
    the fine is one thing, but when the world's attention is elsewhere journalists have been killed in Russia for a lot less than this.
    He's walked into another country with no due process, i don't Putin gives a shit where the 'Worlds Attention' may or may not be over this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's walked into another country with no due process, i don't Putin gives a shit where the 'Worlds Attention' may or may not be over this one.
    Being that she did it on one of Russia's most popular shows maybe "the Russian people's" attention is more accurate

many won't talk but some do