+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I'd put my money on our SF doing these targets.
    Same with Chechen special forces who were sent in to target the president but were taken out by Ukrainians with two days of training by our SF
    indeed, we did it in Iraq and Afghanistan , no reason to think our SF are not " advising " the ukrainians

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I think i read that 75% of the worlds supply chain rely on China in some form or another. who knows, these figures always sound so arbitrary .
    The world needs to ween itself of China, it won't happen in my lifetime, but maybe my girls

When Trump said he wanted to make the USA great again and be proud to have " MADE IN THE USA " stickers on stuff, maybe the rest of the world should have looked at its reliance on china, never too late though

Not a great time to be a Russian General at all . Good chance you'll get to sit at one end of a stupidly long table and get abused and fired on national tv. If you're one of the lucky ones and keep your job, you get your head exploded for you by the Ukrainians. Last time I moan about my job. Hopefully the Ukrainians can bag themselves another by the end of the week ! ����

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    indeed, we did it in Iraq and Afghanistan , no reason to think our SF are not " advising " the ukrainians
    I would think we have many boots on the ground has civilians..

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I dunno, big risk if they're discovered in Ukraine
    Thats what they do best and why they are the best in the world..

I dunno, big risk if they're discovered in Ukraine
    This isn't even a secret, at the start some talking head from the CIA was on al jazeera explaining they've been there for years and they'll increase their presence now. Also talked about how the Ukaraines had been to "school" in the US.

Except for that time when a farmer found them after 1 day in Iraq and most died or got captured

I've got no doubt they are very good. But they're not going to be anywhere near as effective as Ukrainians who know the territory like the back of their hand. Give me a well trained local over a slightly better trained outsider any day

Except for that time when a farmer found them after 1 day in Iraq and most died or got captured
    And you just thought a 'smiley' would finish it off nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I've got no doubt they are very good. But they're not going to be anywhere near as effective as Ukrainians who know the territory like the back of their hand. Give me a well trained local over a slightly better trained outsider any day
    They’re there because of expertise in their field. For instance, I’ve heard of one of ours who was over there advising on how to stop the Russians crossing the Dnipro river (the large river that bisects the country), meaning which bridges to blow etc.
    Apparently he and his colleagues were out with a mate in this country just before the invasion started and their phones were going mad with messages related to the situation over there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    They’re there because of expertise in their field. For instance, I’ve heard of one of ours who was over there advising on how to stop the Russians crossing the Dnipro river (the large river that bisects the country), meaning which bridges to blow etc.
    Apparently he and his colleagues were out with a mate in this country just before the invasion started and their phones were going mad with messages related to the situation over there.
    You're right they are experts in the field. But I don't agree with the idea in the first post that any successes out there must be down to a British person. The Ukrainians are doing the vast vast majority of the fighting, and it's only correct that they are the ones who get the credit for it. I'd hope we've got a few out there helping and I'm sure they'll do a sterling job.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    And you just thought a 'smiley' would finish it off nicely.
    Yeah sorry, have put my poppy on now for penance

Yeah sorry, have put my poppy on now for penance
    It displayed a lack of class.

Gotta love Vitali

https://youtu.be/FJwzLXTufBE

Not a great time to be a Russian General at all . Good chance you'll get to sit at one end of a stupidly long table and get abused and fired on national tv. If you're one of the lucky ones and keep your job, you get your head exploded for you by the Ukrainians. Last time I moan about my job. Hopefully the Ukrainians can bag themselves another by the end of the week ! ����
    They apparently have 20 major generals on this war ( oh sorry Mr Pootin operation!!!!!!!)

If the war goes on for more than 15 weeks at this rate they will have none left!

I saw sometihng earlier (no idea how accurate) that said that around 400 russian tanks are destroyed or captured now.

At the start of the war there were rumoured to be 1400 ish in the region.
    Russia obviously has a lot more at their disposal if it comes to it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    They apparently have 20 major generals on this war ( oh sorry Mr Pootin operation!!!!!!!)

If the war goes on for more than 15 weeks at this rate they will have none left!
    There will be promotions to fill the vacuum, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    the peter principle

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I bet he would love the opportunity to have a few rounds in the ring with Putin, imagine the pay per view for it…..

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Oh look Zergi, your name it on the promotion board, you are now a general

Zergi doesn't look delighted with the promotion and slides away pretending he hasn't seen the board

the peter principle
    peter the great?

International

There was an excellent expert on BBC Breakfast this morning he was an ex NATO adviser. He gave a brilliant run down of where we are, but said it's impossible to to know exactly what will happen he said it's known that Putin has Parkinson's or a similar illness and is acting totally irrationally because of his illness. He was very knowledgeable, I hope they keep him as a regular.

He did go on to say Putin will lose the war and that they are bogged down and overstretched, and will most likely get more and more dangerous and violent, and that it will be difficult for him to back down of give any concessions.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I bet he would love the opportunity to have a few rounds in the ring with Putin, imagine the pay per view for it…..
    Fast Eddie Hearn will be all over it!

I saw sometihng earlier (no idea how accurate) that said that around 400 russian tanks are destroyed or captured now.

At the start of the war there were rumoured to be 1400 ish in the region.
    Russia obviously has a lot more at their disposal if it comes to it though.
    They may have around 1400 tanks but having around 1400 that work is another thing.