+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I thought that had been abandoned after the leak 30 years ago? Too dangerous to go there no?
    People have been going to Pripyat (The City around Chernobyl) for a while now.
    I'm not sure how long people can stay there though.

I'm thinking that maybe Chernobyl has been taken by the Russians to prevent it being weaponised against them.

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I thought only UK registered voters could contribute?

PS : The largest corporate donation to the Labour Party came from member of the Chinese Communist Party.

Dirt everywhere
    The only actual donation to the labour party was Ł5000

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Wouldn't you have to be in your mid-90s at the youngest now to have fought against Hitler?
    Yes I think if you were 18 in 1945 you'd be 95 now

Wouldn't you have to be in your mid-90s at the youngest now to have fought against Hitler?
    There are still veterans left, and plenty alive who lived in the aftermath. Whats your point? Doucas is still shitting yellow and will probably send Putin a strongly worded email from his bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    There are still veterans left, and plenty alive who lived in the aftermath. Whats your point? Doucas is still shitting yellow and will probably send Putin a strongly worded email from his bedroom.
    He needs to be quick, before the internet goes down.

I was just pointing out that the very few remaining veterans of that conflict who put their lives on the line against Hitler's tyranny are unlikely to be the people Doucas was having a go at when he referenced the "elderly".

Probably didn't need the "the fighting Hitler so that you could shit yellow" bit to make your point.

I was just pointing out that the very few remaining veterans of that conflict who put their lives on the line against Hitler's tyranny are unlikely to be the people Doucas was having a go at when he referenced the "elderly".

Probably didn't need the "the fighting Hitler so that you could shit yellow" bit to make your point.
    Wonder what the cut off age is in Doucas’s world to still be eligible for an opinion and a vote?

Wonder what the cut off age is in Doucas’s world to still be eligible for an opinion and a vote?
    I guess at 75 years of age I might not be eligible. As part of the baby-boomer generation I am used to being accused of many things but now it seems that I may somehow be implicated in the Russian invasion of Ukraine as well!

On a lighter note, my 8 year old son, diagnosed as autistic, came in to see me about half an hour ago. He was worried about the Russian thing. I asked him what he was worried about. He said he didn't know what was going to happen to the Russian Grand Prix...

According to General Petraeus, ex CIA director and former US Arny Commander on both Iraq and Afghanistan, Russia are not getting it all their own way.

Early days yet but he is impressed with how tough the Ukrainians are

Ukranian Men between the age of 18 and 60 have been stopped from leaving the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Ukranian Men between the age of 18 and 60 have been stopped from leaving the country.
    How frightening must that be for them. Horrible.

My thoughts have been with a lovely and educated Ukrainian couple whose home I couchsurfed in Kiev a few years ago. I exchanged messages with them this morning and they are obviously very fearful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    How frightening must that be for them. Horrible.
    Utterly terrifying I would think.
    I hope that the vast majority would have stayed by choice.

This is beyond heartbreaking though.

https://twitter.com/petergyang/statu...egt1SP7QQ&s=19

I'm just off to bed in tears having watched this. We have three of our grandchildren staying with us for a few days during half-term and I imagined my son having to say goodbye to them like that Ukrainian dad had to do to his little daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I'm just off to bed in tears having watched this. We have three of our grandchildren staying with us for a few days during half-term and I imagined my son having to say goodbye to them like that Ukrainian dad had to do to his little daughter.
    I'm sorry.
    It does need to be seen though :(

Don’t get the EU’s attitude here, are they going to wait until Putin starts using nuclear weapons before they chuck Russia out of the Swift system?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...payment-system

It makes you wonder just how long the vast majority of human beings are continually gonna let the minority instil fear in them, and rule and ruin their lives.
    Nobody in their right mind wants war. Most folk anywhere in the world are peace loving.
    Littered through history though, are power hungry psychopaths who manoeuvre themselves into power, and amazingly guide the fate of millions, causing mass murder and untold misery.
    We really are lemming like, and readily willing to be lambs to the slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don’t get the EU’s attitude here, are they going to wait until Putin starts using nuclear weapons before they chuck Russia out of the Swift system?

Same here. That ban on Russia should start immediately.

It makes you wonder just how long the vast majority of human beings are continually gonna let the minority instil fear in them, and rule and ruin their lives.
    Nobody in their right mind wants war. Most folk anywhere in the world are peace loving.
    Littered through history though, are power hungry psychopaths who manoeuvre themselves into power, and amazingly guide the fate of millions, causing mass murder and untold misery.
    We really are lemming like, and readily willing to be lambs to the slaughter.
    Bit harsh on Johnson that, he's more grossly negligent than a mass murderer.

C'mon Bob, we all know we can't have the supply of Russian money that pours into London, Paris and Berlin really cut off?

Who would pay for the Tory party and keep Kensington as swish as it is?

That's got me.

Makes me angry really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    C'mon Bob, we all know we can't have the supply of Russian money that pours into London, Paris and Berlin really cut off?

Who would pay for the Tory party and keep Kensington as swish as it is?
    It’s always been swish….I’m sure squatters in London are wandering around there now picking out which houses have just become free

Yes we can't blame Biden or Johnson on this one. They both pressed for it. As did others such as Trudeau and the Polish leader
    Germany is one of the main culprits apparently

13 Ukrainian soldiers tell a Russian warship to "go f**k themselves" in the face of certain death.

Meanwhile, Joe Biden says that "maybe we'll look at Swift in a month, see how it goes".

Reminds me of that old debate in history class, where we used to ask what other countries were doing while the Nazis were rolling over Europe.