+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I thought only UK registered voters could contribute?

PS : The largest corporate donation to the Labour Party came from member of the Chinese Communist Party.

Dirt everywhere
    That’s OK then. More whataboutery from Bojos fan boy. We are talking about Russia in this thread.

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Ukrainian defence ministry: “We urge citizens to inform us of troop movements, to make Molotov cocktails, and neutralise the enemy.”

Truly grim. Although it has felt inevitable and after the Winter Olympics only a matter time, I haven’t felt so saddened and disgusted in a long time. Dark days, amongst many, for Europe.

I wish we lived in a world where they didn’t have to, but I hope the Ukrainian citizens and their army that have had to stay to protect their home go down kicking and screaming. I hope after I shuffle off this mortal coil they’ll be remembered for their bravery and that Putin will be recognised for the murderous tyrant he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    C'mon Bob, we all know we can't have the supply of Russian money that pours into London, Paris and Berlin really cut off?

Who would pay for the Tory party and keep Kensington as swish as it is?
    Incredible. I can only imagine you are being satirical, which is harder than ever to tell in subjects of war and peace.

Should the Ukraine and it’s people just surrender tamely and prevent mass loss of life?We all know how outnumbered they are on all fronts. Or should they face fire with fire and fight till the death ?
    It truly is a heartbreaking scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    13 Ukrainian soldiers tell a Russian warship to "go f**k themselves" in the face of certain death.

Meanwhile, Joe Biden says that "maybe we'll look at Swift in a month, see how it goes".

Reminds me of that old debate in history class, where we used to ask what other countries were doing while the Nazis were rolling over Europe.
    Biden and Johnson want the Russian to be cut out of SWIFT now.

It is Germany and some other European countries which are resisting it

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Utterly terrifying I would think.
    I hope that the vast majority would have stayed by choice.

This is beyond heartbreaking though.

https://twitter.com/petergyang/statu...egt1SP7QQ&s=19
    ****ing hell, wish I’d not watched that. Heartbreaking

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Incredible. I can only imagine you are being satirical, which is harder than ever to tell in subjects of war and peace.
    Perhaps I am?

It's hard to discount though that the UK once had an acting foreign secretary who went on the razzle at a Rusdian oligarchs Italian home. The same oligarch who was a mate of Putins and supported the annexation of the Crimea.

If you swim in the sewer, you'll obviously get covered in shit.

No wonder Putin thinks he's got the West in his pocket and they won't act strongly.

In defence of Johnson and to his credit, he has supported withdrawing the use of Swift from Russia

We can now await the Russia report with interest to see how much meddling Putin has had on UK politics?

As an aside Boris is revelling in this so he can play out his Churchill fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Should the Ukraine and it’s people just surrender tamely and prevent mass loss of life?We all know how outnumbered they are on all fronts. Or should they face fire with fire and fight till the death ?
    Ukraine is the largest country in Europe with a population 45 million. A tame surrender is not even on the table, the Ukrainians genuinely feel they can win the war, no matter how foolish that may look on the outside.

Well trident has been worth every penny

Now onto Ukraine

Poland was flattened and the nazis had a free ride around Europe

There is a very good TV documentary called The Nazis .....a warning from history!

Clearly the west has been sitting on its hands and no doubt will continue to do so !

No lessons learned whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    ****ing hell, wish I’d not watched that. Heartbreaking
    Same.

It's 2022, if wired differently we could be healing the planet and spreading out into the cosmos for endless opportunity and adventure.

Instead people are still having to fight and die for a bit of land.

Doubt we will ever really change.

Western Countries Unite Against Russia ?

Which in reality means they are all united in doing the square root of f all !

America ....the world's policeman , Britain ....which does whatever America says

Oh look at us we have a brilliant army and all these fab weapons ......which are only ever used by the Saudis who we sold em to , to murder innocent Yeminis

What a shower of shite

Deterrent? Nato ?

It's about as much use as a chocolate saucepan

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The west and doing f all

All the weapons

America

Britain

The EU

All full of hot air

Evil prevails when good men do nothing

It's a joke , the whole edifice of western democracy is being laid bare for what it is

Hot air

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Western Countries Unite Against Russia ?

Which in reality means they are all united in doing the square root of f all !

America ....the world's policeman , Britain ....which does whatever America says

Oh look at us we have a brilliant army and all these fab weapons ......which are only ever used by the Saudis who we sold em to , to murder innocent Yeminis

What a shower of shite

Deterrent? Nato ?

It's about as much use as a chocolate saucepan
    What do you think we should do? Both as the UK and collectively as the west?

I don't have an answer. I really don't know. We have to ask ourselves if the Ukraine is a hill we die upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Same.

It's 2022, if wired differently we could be healing the planet and spreading out into the cosmos for endless opportunity and adventure.

Instead people are still having to fight and die for a bit of land.

Doubt we will ever really change.
    A clever Russian once pointed out that while the earth is the cradle of humanity, it will become our grave too if we don't move on.

I think we are all collectively taking part in a big game where humanity has been given finite resources on earth and we need to use them wisely to establish ourselves elsewhere if we want to survive. My own thoughts only, but I wonder if infinite other civilisations have had this task across the universe and an infinite number of them have failed and an infinite number of them have managed it.

Half of the world seems hell-bent on hindering the other half at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    What do you think we should do? Both as the UK and collectively as the west?

I don't have an answer. I really don't know. We have to ask ourselves if the Ukraine is a hill we die upon.
    Don't spend loads of money playing toy soldiers

The shit has been flying for years

The West should have good big forces in there long before now

The West has no answer to jihadi terrorism

But a multi national peacekeeping force , with the clear warning that force would be used would have been a start

But it's all caught up in this nato membership bollocks 🙄

It's all bullshit

The EU and NATO should have said bloody weeks ago as Russian forces were building up on the border through January, if you invade this country which has had not attacked you we will join in and push you out. That’s the whole point of these alliances, the UN, etc, etc to stop a madman doing what they like.
    Threatening them with and carrying out sanctions will have months to take effect, by then 1000’s will have died.
    Pot kettle black I guess as Bush and Blair invaded Iraq 20 years ago so maybe these western governments don’t want to get dirty again.
    It’s just humanity at the moment, nutter tyrants out there still hell bent on causing havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    The EU and NATO should have said bloody weeks ago as Russian forces were building up on the border through January, if you invade this country which has had not attacked you we will join in and push you out. That’s the whole point of these alliances, the UN, etc, etc to stop a madman doing what they like.
    Threatening them with and carrying out sanctions will have months to take effect, by then 1000’s will have died.
    Pot kettle black I guess as Bush and Blair invaded Iraq 20 years ago so maybe these western governments don’t want to get dirty again.
    It’s just humanity at the moment, nutter tyrants out there still hell bent on causing havoc.
    It's pathetic , politicians full of crap

We have a great army !

There is trouble going on over there ....

Sorry , our hands are tied

All cobblers

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

Not according to this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60521822

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

I know, I'm more making the point that Western governments are happy to talk the talk but in reality are doing very little within their means to walk the walk. And the casual nature of Biden's answer encapsulates that.

Here’s Bojo being told we needed to increase our weaponry and soldiers last November because of the increased likelihood of this conflict. Instead him and this government has cut them to the bone https://twitter.com/adambienkov/stat...552671744?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Here’s Bojo being told we needed to increase our weaponry and soldiers last November because of the increased likelihood of this conflict. Instead him and this government has cut them to the bone https://twitter.com/adambienkov/stat...552671744?s=21
    Cut to the bone you say, what was the military spending last year?

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    The days of fighting land battles are over are they Boris ?

What a tit

Nothing to see , move along , all is well

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Cut to the bone you say, what was the military spending last year?
    Well if he's increased it , he ain't using it 🤷

This is pretty shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    This is pretty shocking.

A strongly worded letter signed by America , Britain and Basingstoke Conservative Association will stamp that out