+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well if he's increased it , he ain't using it 🤷
    It's a dangerous gamble playing nuclear chicken with a psychopath.
    If he goes into Poland or one of the Baltic States we've no choice.

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    It's a dangerous gamble playing nuclear chicken with a psychopath.
    If he goes into Poland or one of the Baltic States we've no choice.
    Well if it does become a land forces battle then those guys and gals that put their lives on the line to free Ukraine and stand up to putin are braver than I can ever imagine .

Some grainy footage there , haven’t the separatists been fighting in E Ukraine for the last 6 years ?

International

It always becomes a land battle. There is no other way of occupying a country. Boots on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It always becomes a land battle. There is no other way of occupying a country. Boots on the ground.
    What's the point of countries having an army if all its going to do is twiddle its thumbs and sit on its hands when the shit hits the fan ?

This situation has made a nonsense out of the politicians and diplomats whilst those able to do a job , the army , the navy and the air force of various countries , is impotent

Bunch of jokers

Putin is a vile ****ing pig.
    He has to be taken out.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Cut to the bone you say, what was the military spending last year?
    Not enough obviously.

Read this article which is in the “right wing” Spectator https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...e-defence-cuts

Two pictures that stick out :
    1. Kids bring led down a bunker.

2 Old lady throwing sunflower seeds at soldiers .

And still we have folk in our country suggesting NATO are the aggressor.

All this will do strengthen NATO resolve not destroy it as Putin wants, egoistic fecker.

And yes increase defence spending .

To think Ukraine gave up nuclear weapons? And what for ?

They had the 3rd biggest arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

All this will do strengthen NATO resolve not destroy it as Putin wants, egoistic fecker.

NATO , America, Britain , the allies

Limp celery

Complete waste of time

But if we feel like invading a small country ?

Just sign here

I think the west have let this build and are now guilty of doing nothing as Rome burns , as it were

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

They had the 3rd biggest arsenal.
    We may as well get rid of our nuclear weapons

OK possibly stop us getting invaded

But no use whatsoever in preventing this sort of war and stopping putin

If we had a large presence in Eastern and Northern Ukraine of conventional forces from America , UK and the west he would have bottled it.

As it is everyone is shafted except Putin

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Not enough obviously.

Read this article which is in the “right wing” Spectator https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...e-defence-cuts
    The answer is not in there. The answer is $71.6bn according to google. Thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We may as well get rid of our nuclear weapons

OK possibly stop us getting invaded

But no use whatsoever in preventing this sort of war and stopping putin

If we had a large presence in Eastern and Northern Ukraine of conventional forces from America , UK and the west he would have bottled it.

As it is everyone is shafted except Putin
    Isn't that reason enough to keep them

Excuse my ignorance if I get anything wrong here as I really struggle to understand it all but following Russian’s defence minister and her statement about potentially replicating this attack on Sweden and Finland

How will NATO respond to that? As I think they are both not NATO members.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Ukraine is the largest country in Europe with a population 45 million. A tame surrender is not even on the table, the Ukrainians genuinely feel they can win the war, no matter how foolish that may look on the outside.
    18000 machine guns been handed out to civilians in Kiev to defend the capital, they're not just going to lie down

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Excuse my ignorance if I get anything wrong here as I really struggle to understand it all but following Russian’s defence minister and her statement about potentially replicating this attack on Sweden and Finland

How will NATO respond to that? As I think they are both not NATO members.
    The Finns fought the Russians to a standstill before WW2 you really think Putin could survive a long drawn out guerrilla war in three separate countries? Cant see it myself, i also can't see this incursion into the Ukraine being over any time soon, Afghanistan and Chechnya anyone

This might help some figure out why we are where we are today.

Now Europe and NATO are showing Putin whose boss.

Russia are binned from competing in the Eurovision song contest.

Have that Vlad, you fuucking halfwit.

I smell death

""Ukraine says it hands out 18,000 machine guns to Kyiv volunteers""

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

I'm still annoyed Australia can compete in Eurovision Song contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

Shame really as with them in the competition, the UK had a chance this year of not finishing last.

450 Russian soldiers and 194 Ukrainians dead Inc 57 civilians.

I tell you what, the British solider is held is high regard around the world, its one of the best, certainly not " tin pot " or a " toy solider " an its embarrassing to even say that

do people want British boots on the ground, it is a fine balance, we might have to act as part of NATO

Once again, if we didnt have Trident, Putin would be crossing Europe with ease and booking ferries to hit the UK son enough , a deterrent is a deterrent no matter what the cost it is to the British tax payer

Russia have been kicked out of the Eurovision Song Contest, the noise you just heard is the screech of brakes as their convoys turn around and head back to Moscow.

They will just enter as Ukraine.

To be fair there's a lot said about the sanctions but over time it must surely start to hurt, maybe not the song contest, well maybe Mrs putin is a fan.

Other than directly enter a war I don't know what else could be done. I certainly think maybe more could have been done well before any of this.... Unless he is just a raging psycho of course.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Russia have been kicked out of the Eurovision Song Contest, the noise you just heard is the screech of brakes as their convoys turn around and head back to Moscow.
    Thank goodness we'll be spared the screech of their voices.