+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 FULHAM. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 FULHAM. Match thread

Enjoyed todays game, despite the loss. Tim Reem MOTM for me. Won everything

We did okay with such an experienced side , looked weak up front, missed Hugill and Wintle.

Next

We show teams too much respect, playing football in our own half is only going to end badly

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It was a free hit, Fulham are so much better than everyone else in this dividison. We did ok to contain it to 1 (although huge help from the ref as that was a stone wall pen at start of second half) and make it a 90 minute game and on another day in the end who know we might have snuck an equaliser.

Fulham weren’t anywhere near their best today, the subs and Joe Bryan in particular were very sloppy
    in their game management last 20 minutes and I think with a bit more belief in ourselves rather than pay them too much respect for a bit too long in the game we might have got something.

No one was expecting anything today so no point being being critical of anyone, I just hope we don’t see that sort of passive set up for the rest of the season. We are not going down so let’s start to experiment.
    I think we can be critical of Morison's substitutions. We were 1-0 down against a superior passing team and had two midfielders on yellow cards, so he replaced our second striker and left-back.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think we can be critical of Morison's substitutions. We were 1-0 down against a superior passing team and had two midfielders on yellow cards, so he replaced our second striker and left-back.
    Colwill & Doughty are two of the players who are ill though aren't they? I imagine they were somewhat planned substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It was a free hit, Fulham are so much better than everyone else in this dividison. We did ok to contain it to 1 (although huge help from the ref as that was a stone wall pen at start of second half) and make it a 90 minute game and on another day in the end who know we might have snuck an equaliser.

Fulham weren’t anywhere near their best today, the subs and Joe Bryan in particular were very sloppy
    in their game management last 20 minutes and I think with a bit more belief in ourselves rather than pay them too much respect for a bit too long in the game we might have got something.

No one was expecting anything today so no point being being critical of anyone, I just hope we don’t see that sort of passive set up for the rest of the season. We are not going down so let’s start to experiment.
    Thought a point would have been a fair result today. Didn't get a clear view of the penalty shout. Collins fluffed his lines and 1-0 up would have been a bit juicy. Colwill looked lost and when he came off he looked knackered. Given a bag of ice but couldn't see anything after that. DeCordova-Reid was an arsey so-and-so, the booing clearly rattled him.

The 'cheating' part has to be dealt with by FIFA/FA because it's awful at the games and kills the flow and entertainment. We pay a lot of money to watch football and the referees seem helpless and hopeless. Bournemouth are another side that does the play-acting injury and don't get me started on the fake head injuries. It was bloody cold there out of the sun and all those minutes of fake injury takes its toll on the spectators. Not good for the game

Better crossing (some dreadful stuff today) would have seen us nick one, especially in the second half. Poor team against Fulham and not great for the paying punters. Had the feel of a dead rubber about it. Beating Fulham would have been quite a feather in Morison's cap and I think he missed an opportunity at home. Shame, as Derby are going to be up for the scrap and could easily do us on a Tuesday night as they can sniff survival. The other teams helped our cause today and our manager's losing streak looks better for it.

Didn't think anyone really stood out on either side and the goal was from a training-ground move. The short corner that didn't look like it was going anywhere fooled us and their main man made it look easy.
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 26-02-22 at 20:31. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Colwill & Doughty are two of the players who are ill though aren't they? I imagine they were somewhat planned substitutions
    Okay. That makes more sense.

I was surprised how underwhelming Fulham were. There was a point there for the taking. That Collins miss was criminal. All the time in the world with no defenders that close to him. That’s the difference. He misses and Mitrovic (who did very little from what I saw) takes his only (?) chance.

Agree on the comments on Reid. An irritating, tetchy player. Can’t say any of the Fulham players looked a cut above, which is surprising when you consider their league position. I thought we matched them well. I’d also like to give a shout out to Aden Flint. I’m not his biggest fan but I thought he defended well today.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I don't buy that. If they're not fit because of recovering from illness as well as coming back from injury like Doughty why are they starting against the runaway leaders?

I thought that several City players were poor today, yet overall a decent performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    I don't buy that. If they're not fit because of recovering from illness as well as coming back from injury like Doughty why are they starting against the runaway leaders?
    I'm just going off what Morison said, both Doughty and Colwill went down the tunnel as well didn't they?

Does seem odd he would play an unwell Doughty over an inform Bagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I was surprised how underwhelming Fulham were. There was a point there for the taking. That Collins miss was criminal. All the time in the world with no defenders that close to him. That’s the difference. He misses and Mitrovic (who did very little from what I saw) takes his only (?) chance.

Agree on the comments on Reid. An irritating, tetchy player. Can’t say any of the Fulham players looked a cut above, which is surprising when you consider their league position. I thought we matched them well. I’d also like to give a shout out to Aden Flint. I’m not his biggest fan but I thought he defended well today.
    Collins just isn’t up to it and shouldn’t be anywhere near the first XI.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post

Where was Flint for the goal?

Agreed, why was Hugill on the bench if he was never going to be used?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed, why was Hugill on the bench if he was never going to be used?
    Morison said that Hugill felt unwell after the warm-up.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Where was Flint for the goal?
    I sit in the Family Stand and haven’t seen the highlights. If he was solely to blame for the goal, then I hadn’t realised. Saying that, we should defend as a unit and in other periods of the game, he did his fair share of defending and stopping. Seems harsh to focus on one error - if indeed the blame fell squarely on his shoulders - rather than look at a player’s performance over the full 90 minutes.

To keep Fulham down to one goal - and few other clear-cut chances - was a very good defensive team effort, I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Collins just isn’t up to it and shouldn’t be anywhere near the first XI.
    Agreed. Just hasn’t worked for him here. He seemed to have more credit in the bank at Luton than he ever has done here.

Collins' miss was all too predictable. Hadn't played for ages and a last minute replacement.
    Terrible miss, but I do feel a bit sorry for him in the circumstances.
    Doubt we'll see much more of him now, if everyone over their bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Doubt we'll see much more of him now, if everyone over their bug.
    He’s contracted until the end of next season. I think City would be lucky to move him on during the summer, but you never know.

He's just not good enough for Championship football, if he wants to play on a regular basis he's going to need to move on

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He’s contracted until the end of next season. I think City would be lucky to move him on during the summer, but you never know.
    At 31 and the very definition of out of his league, that's going to be tough.