+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petrol stations, here we go

Petrol stations, here we go

my fuel light came on yesterday, no drama as I dont need my van till Monday I thought, but tonight I had to go and pick up a parcel, went to get fuel, they are queueing on the main road, Oh I'll try a different one, the same

maybe we should have got a EV after all

Re: Petrol stations, here we go

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    my fuel light came on yesterday, no drama as I dont need my van till Monday I thought, but tonight I had to go and pick up a parcel, went to get fuel, they are queueing on the main road, Oh I'll try a different one, the same

Wtf you are kidding me…not again!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Wtf you are kidding me…not again!
    nope, we have 3 petrol stations I my town, 2 of them were queueing on the road, Tesco's where I ended up stopping had run out of diesel on the outside rows of pumps, so only the middle row was being used ( which I guess would create the wait and make people brim it just incase )

Are people buying because they think there'll be a shortage, or because they're afraid the same product will be a few pennies more expensive next week?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Are people buying because they think there'll be a shortage, or because they're afraid the same product will be a few pennies more expensive next week?
    Nah somebody spotted tanks in Brecon

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Both I imagine

A right pisser when businesses take advantage of situations like this. Not saying there won’t be problems but some take the mick. “Yeah mate, prices have gone up, it’s Brexit, it’s the Suez Canal being blocked, it’s Covid,” now I s’pose it’ll be “Yeah mate, Y fronts are £2 dearer, Ukraine innit”.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A right pisser when businesses take advantage of situations like this. Not saying there won’t be problems but some take the mick. “Yeah mate, prices have gone up, it’s Brexit, it’s the Suez Canal being blocked, it’s Covid,” now I s’pose it’ll be “Yeah mate, Y fronts are £2 dearer, Ukraine innit”.
    They aren't taking the piss. Those events will all have increased prices.

nope, we have 3 petrol stations I my town, 2 of them were queueing on the road, Tesco's where I ended up stopping had run out of diesel on the outside rows of pumps, so only the middle row was being used ( which I guess would create the wait and make people brim it just incase )
    You better stock up on bog roll while you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You better stock up on bog roll while you can!
    no worries with that, still got some from Covid panic buying

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    So why when these situations pass the price stays just as high?

Lemmings

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Because it becomes the standard. As wrong as it is.

I’ll carry on with my opinion that opportunists take the piss, see the opening and stitch us up accordingly with no intention of reducing their falsely inflated prices in calmer times.

I did say that there would be problems, meaning some things go up legitimately, but it is a shyster’s perfect scenario.

International

It only takes the odd report in a paper, on the news, or on social media and we have a panic buy situation. It will probably escalate today, but as last time when all the tanks are full it settles down again fairly quickly.

Small queues here also in not so sunny Devon. The price of fuel did rise by around 2p per litre yesterday at my local supermarket petrol station.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Brexit is permanent and covid hasn’t passed. But I do agree that prices are slow to fall, presumably as petrol retailers recoup the costs of running their forecourts during covid when demand dropped off.

Personally I still think petrol is incredibly cheap tbh. At 1.50 it’s about the same price as a bottle of water, and a hell of a lot more effort goes into extracting, refining and transporting petrol.

Brexit is permanent and covid hasn’t passed. But I do agree that prices are slow to fall, presumably as petrol retailers recoup the costs of running their forecourts during covid when demand dropped off.

Personally I still think petrol is incredibly cheap tbh. At 1.50 it’s about the same price as a bottle of water, and a hell of a lot more effort goes into extracting, refining and transporting petrol.

But we don't drink 40 litres of water

Brexit hasn't had any impact on fuel prices - it is a handy mistruth that retailers can use to justify rises though, especially when millions of punters are desperate for it to be true.

It's nearly all based on supply on demand and the global price of oil.

It's also true that when prices fall they fall slowly and to a much lesser extent than the price of the raw material falls - which is perhaps fair enough.

It is frustrating though and I'm surprised more supermarkets aren't offering money off petrol after a £40 shop or whatever. Few of us are loyal to supermarkets and it's the kind of thing that would probably work if well advertised/

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    But we don't drink 40 litres of water
    Perhaps we'd be able to do things faster if we drank petrol instead.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Brexit hasn't had any impact on fuel prices - it is a handy mistruth that retailers can use to justify rises though, especially when millions of punters are desperate for it to be true.

It's nearly all based on supply on demand and the global price of oil.

It's also true that when prices fall they fall slowly and to a much lesser extent than the price of the raw material falls - which is perhaps fair enough.

It is frustrating though and I'm surprised more supermarkets aren't offering money off petrol after a £40 shop or whatever. Few of us are loyal to supermarkets and it's the kind of thing that would probably work if well advertised/
    I didn't say Brexit did have an impact on fuel prices. (but it did. Oil isn't bought in GBP). The other guy asked why, when things like Brexit have an inflationary impact on prices, that prices don't come back down again when the issue has passed. He gave undercrackers as the example product, not petrol. I am just pointing out that the inflationary impact of Brexit is permanent, not transient.

And I agree that supply and demand is the main driver of oil prices. But isn't that true of all things?

Diesel out at Asda junction 32 .

Bloody Boris

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Bloody Boris
    **** sake what about petrol?

I'm on the red

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post