+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anyone had their utility prices for April onwards yet?

Re: Anyone had their utility prices for April onwards yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    £153 is my new electric/gas bill. Luckily for me by pay is going up by a whopping 2.4% this month.

What's the point.
    I'm with Shell. You can adjust the direct debit
    yourself. Which I refuse to do.
    Instead, I submit a reading every month.. This generates a bill. I just pay the difference.
    They wanted to put mine up 80 quid a month. **** that.

Come on, own up....... how many of you have gone on line today and submitted exaggerated readings?

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Take no notice of boiler juice. Funded by big Irish oil supplier.
    Mind you where I live I cannot get a quote for oil 'due to demand'. Fortunately I'll be ok for a few months.
    Oil now £1.10 per litre in Wales according to Boiler Juice. However my neighbour paid £1.37 per litre just 2 days ago!

So glad I topped up at £0.62 a few weeks back! Will be installing a wood burning stove* soon - just had a quote for just over £2K installed including chimney liner which didn't seem too bad. We have ample storage space for logs in a shed thankfully.

*PureVision 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Come on, own up....... how many of you have gone on line today and submitted exaggerated readings?
    Several suppliers' websites have crashed according to BBC with so many people trying to register meter readings!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60938730

Putin sets deadline of midnight Friday for buying Russian gas in Roubles only. The expression "short and curlies" comes to mind.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60945248

I'm trying but can't get on. Octopus are allowing customers a week to submit a backdated reading so theres no rush. Can't backdate the rise in the daily charge though so there's not that much to gain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I'm trying but can't get on. Octopus are allowing customers a week to submit a backdated reading so theres no rush. Can't backdate the rise in the daily charge though so there's not that much to gain.
    Let's, just say I've added an admin fee for reading the meters

The worrying thing on this thread is how clueless some people are to how energy bills are calculated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we've just had a similar pay increase, it feels like they were overestimating how warmly it was going to be received
    We had 5%, first across the board pay rise for 3 years and it still feels like a kick in the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    My electricity is £30 DD a month with Shell (2 bed flat live on my own).
    Been with them one year and only used £11 more than my DD which would have been covered over the next month or 2 as we leave winter so my DD was about right.
    Shell have just informed me that it is going up to £78 a month.
    150% increase.
    i thought the rise was 54% ?
    The cap is 54% on the standard variable rate. If you were on a good fixed rate less than the standard rate then the increase % will be higher than 54% when your deal ends, or if you go on a new fixed rate, which is much higher than the standard rate at the moment.

Also if you are in arrears and the DD hasnt been covering what youve been using then your bills will also go up so they can claw back what is owed besides what you are going to use going forward.

Unfortunately theres no good fixed deals to be had at the moment its probably best sticking to the standard variable rate. Its already at its maximum so they cant put it up until October.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The worrying thing on this thread is how clueless some people are to how energy bills are calculated.
    We might not know how they are calculated but we sure as hell know the answer

I know how my energy bills are calculated.
    I"m on a standard variable rate.
    I have underpaid by £11 over the last 12 months so my DD should have been £30.92 as opposed to the £30 if they want to be picky but I"m hardly in arrears.
    I can"t see a justification in Shell increasing my DD from £30 to £78 when the rise is 54% not 150%.
    A 54% rise would be £16.20 so £30 + £16.20 +£0.92 to cover the £11 shortfall in my DD payments over the last 12 months equals £47.12.
    I have contacted Shell this morning who have told me the massive rise in my DD is "to make sure you"re not in debt when the prices rise again in October".
    In other words they want me to start paying 6 months in advance towards a rise that nobody, including them, know at the moment what it will be.
    It seems to me that they want customers to improve their cash flow for the next 6 months.
    I have offered to pay £50 a month DD or pay the £11 arrears and a DD of £47 until October and then see what the increase is.
    They are going to get back to me.

By law they are only allowed to hold 1 months worth of DD in credit in your account which by October, bearing in mind the next 6 months are the lightest usage due to the time of the year, I will be easily.
    It will be interesting to see what they say as if they don"t agree I will refuse to have a DD and they can bill me monthly based on my meter reads of what I actually use which legally they can"t refuse to do.
    Bear in mind that the Shell group has just announced record profits of either 15 or 25 billion pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    I know how my energy bills are calculated.
    I"m on a standard variable rate.
    I have underpaid by £11 over the last 12 months so my DD should have been £30.92 as opposed to the £30 if they want to be picky but I"m hardly in arrears.
    I can"t see a justification in Shell increasing my DD from £30 to £78 when the rise is 54% not 150%.
    A 54% rise would be £16.20 so £30 + £16.20 +£0.92 to cover the £11 shortfall in my DD payments over the last 12 months equals £47.12.
    I have contacted Shell this morning who have told me the massive rise in my DD is "to make sure you"re not in debt when the prices rise again in October".
    In other words they want me to start paying 6 months in advance towards a rise that nobody, including them, know at the moment what it will be.
    It seems to me that they want customers to improve their cash flow for the next 6 months.
    I have offered to pay £50 a month DD or pay the £11 arrears and a DD of £47 until October and then see what the increase is.
    They are going to get back to me.
    thats why i refused the payment as it was nowhere near the 54% cap rise i did get a response but not answering my questions