+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sausage-less Sausages and Other Curiosities

Sausage-less Sausages and Other Curiosities

Just returned from a trip to Sludge's pit. A visit there is always tinged with surreality.

On arrival he was stood at a window smiling broadly. He always frowns on seeing me approach. "What's up?" I asked myself. It was then he tied a bandana around his forehead and lifted an enormous spliff to his lips. A consolation of him being stoned was he didn't for once subject me to any pro-Tory government propaganda, nor did he hold today's Daily Mail aloft, as a born again Christian may a Bible, to proclaim its contents to be true and virtuous.

Once inside he drawled from behind a cloud of foul smelling smoke: "Hey, dude, what's your opinion of sausage-less sausages?" I replied meatless sausages would be a better description. He maintained they are sausages which contain no sausage. When someone's that off their cake it's best to shut up or humour them with an occasional aye or yeah.

Then he spent several minutes wondering aloud when he debated with himself whether if a new group emerged called The Anti Anti-Nazi League would it be more anti-Nazi than the already established Anti-Nazi League or would it be anti the Anti-Nazi League and therefore pro-Nazi. Just as I thought his behaviour couldn't become more erratic, it did.

He stood, swayed from side to side, before singing something I didn't recognise. Whatever it was sounded dreadful. I have an inkling it was a Nolan Sisters track as he's a long time fan of their music. He resumed his seat to remain quiet for a while. "Thank feck," I thought. But immediately afterwards he took another big drag of his Morrocan Woodbine then sprang to his feet again.

He became Julie Andrews for a mercifully brief period. With both arms outstreched for exaggerated sincerity, "the hills are alive with the sound of music," he warbled. Then shimmied to remove a plastic flower from a vase to use as a pretend microphone as he hopped from one foot to the other when singing a different song, Jeff Beck's Hi Ho Silver Lining.

You're everywhere and nowhere, baby
    That's where you're at
    Going down a bumpy hillside
    In your hippy hat

Flying across the country
    And getting fat
    Saying everything is groovy
    When your tyres are flat

And it's hi ho silver lining
    And away you go now, baby
    I see your sun is shining
    But I won't make a fuss

Though it's obvious

For Beck's instrumental, he vigorously head banged while using an air guitar.

I slipped away the instant he took off his stinking vest. As I left he was twirling it above his head as fast as he could like a helicopter's rotor blades. He begun - and may still be - doing laps around his settee singing Barry Manilow hits at full volume.

Re: Sausage-less Sausages and Other Curiosities

Hilarious.

Are you stoned?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Just returned from a trip to Sludge's pit. A visit there is always tinged with surreality.

On arrival he was stood at a window smiling broadly. He always frowns on seeing me approach. "What's up?" I asked myself. It was then he tied a bandana around his forehead and lifted an enormous spliff to his lips. A consolation of him being stoned was he didn't for once subject me to any pro-Tory government propaganda, nor did he hold today's Daily Mail aloft, as a born again Christian may a Bible, to proclaim its contents to be true and virtuous.

Once inside he drawled from behind a cloud of foul smelling smoke: "Hey, dude, what's your opinion of sausage-less sausages?" I replied meatless sausages would be a better description. He maintained they are sausages which contain no sausage. When someone's that off their cake it's best to shut up or humour them with an occasional aye or yeah.

Then he spent several minutes wondering aloud when he debated with himself whether if a new group emerged called The Anti Anti-Nazi League would it be more anti-Nazi than the already established Anti-Nazi League or would it be anti the Anti-Nazi League and therefore pro-Nazi. Just as I thought his behaviour couldn't become more erratic, it did.

He stood, swayed from side to side, before singing something I didn't recognise. Whatever it was sounded dreadful. I have an inkling it was a Nolan Sisters track as he's a long time fan of their music. He resumed his seat to remain quiet for a while. "Thank feck," I thought. But immediately afterwards he took another big drag of his Morrocan Woodbine then sprang to his feet again.

He became Julie Andrews for a mercifully brief period. With both arms outstreched for exaggerated sincerity, "the hills are alive with the sound of music," he warbled. Then shimmied to remove a plastic flower from a vase to use as a pretend microphone as he hopped from one foot to the other when singing a different song, Jeff Beck's Hi Ho Silver Lining.

You're everywhere and nowhere, baby
    That's where you're at
    Going down a bumpy hillside
    In your hippy hat

Flying across the country
    And getting fat
    Saying everything is groovy
    When your tyres are flat

And it's hi ho silver lining
    And away you go now, baby
    I see your sun is shining
    But I won't make a fuss

Though it's obvious

For Beck's instrumental, he vigorously head banged while using an air guitar.

I slipped away the instant he took off his stinking vest. As I left he was twirling it above his head as fast as he could like a helicopter's rotor blades. He begun - and may still be - doing laps around his settee singing Barry Manilow hits at full volume.
    Julie Andrews was an attractive lady in her day but her short hair gave her too much masculinity to make her pleasurable to my eye .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Julie Andrews was an attractive lady in her day but her short hair gave her too much masculinity to make her pleasurable to my eye .
    Here's one of her with long hair

julie-andrews-13.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Here's one of her with long hair

julie-andrews-13.jpg
    Christ I thought Cilla Black had snuffed it 😳

Snuffed it? Why use such a base term?

Try croaks or conks out, or anything more befitting.

You really are a rotter and a stinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Snuffed it? Why use such a base term?

Try croaks or conks out, or anything more befitting.

You really are a rotter and a stinker.
    I went out with a woman at university who liked vegetarian sausages

She certainly had some of mine

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I went out with a woman at university who liked vegetarian sausages

She certainly had some of mine
    Cheesy?