+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Doctors on BBC1 Cardiff City mentioned

Doctors on BBC1 Cardiff City mentioned

New policeman in Doctors ( I say new, I haven't see in it for months)

"What do they say in football? It's the hope that kills you. Massive thing if you are a Cardiff City fan"

Re: Doctors on BBC1 Cardiff City mentioned

I don't know because I never watch TV (unless there's some sport on that I'm interested in) but is Doctors a BBC Wales production? Could that be a clue as to why this line is in the script?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I don't know because I never watch TV (unless there's some sport on that I'm interested in) but is Doctors a BBC Wales production? Could that be a clue as to why this line is in the script?
    It says at the end of the credits BBC Studioa rather than BBC Wales

However the Director is Peter Eryl LLoyd so there seems tobe a welsh connection there

Set in the west midlands I think. I only ever watched it in the dark days of lockdown, but recollect a fairly milfy doctor was on it.

Daytime garbage viewing aimed at the housewife with time on her hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Daytime garbage viewing aimed at the housewife with time on her hands.
    Soon to move to the evenings so that husbands can enjoy the show aswell.

Lots of stuff filmed in Cardiff these days. Victoria Coren on 'Only Connect' mentions their location almost every episode.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Lots of stuff filmed in Cardiff these days. Victoria Coren on 'Only Connect' mentions their location almost every episode.
    There's always stuff being filmed in The Bay and around Bute where the old Natwest is. A couple of years ago we went for a walk and all the street signs and bus shelter, posters, etc. were all in Russian for some drama. Imagine if that happened now!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Set in the west midlands I think. I only ever watched it in the dark days of lockdown, but recollect a fairly milfy doctor was on it.
    You're getting as bad as Sludge

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    There's always stuff being filmed in The Bay and around Bute where the old Natwest is. A couple of years ago we went for a walk and all the street signs and bus shelter, posters, etc. were all in Russian for some drama. Imagine if that happened now!
    Only Connect is filmed in a studio in Splott. It's great having so much stuff fitness around here. The Wolf studios in Rumney were hardly used when first built, now its at capacity and was recently used for Dark Materials amongst others. War of the Worlds was partly filmed around here - some if it at the old tax office in Ty Glas and some at the vaccination centre in the Bay. If ever you go there again you may notice the 'way out' signs on the door are in French - apparently left there when filming finished.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Only Connect is filmed in a studio in Splott. It's great having so much stuff fitness around here. The Wolf studios in Rumney were hardly used when first built, now its at capacity and was recently used for Dark Materials amongst others. War of the Worlds was partly filmed around here - some if it at the old tax office in Ty Glas and some at the vaccination centre in the Bay. If ever you go there again you may notice the 'way out' signs on the door are in French - apparently left there when filming finished.
    A majority of Bad Wolf has now been aquired by Sony

Wayne Garvie President of Sony Pictures Television Internation Productions said of the company

"In the blink of an eye, Bad Wolf has established itself as one of the world’s most admired drama producers. The quality of work, breadth of imagination and boundless ambition make it one of the great emerging production houses of our time."

Bad Wolf of course very much grew out of the BBC' s success with Dr Who and Torchwood

The days when drama produced in Wales was only shown in a mid evening slot on BBC Wales and shows were scrapped after just one or two series because the main BBC ignored them regardless of their quality are long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    New policeman in Doctors ( I say new, I haven't see in it for months)

"What do they say in football? It's the hope that kills you. Massive thing if you are a Cardiff City fan"
    The actor, Kyle Lima, is from Cardiff (Splott, I think). He's been in quite a few things like The Pembrokeshire Murders and Nessa gives him a tattoo in the last Gavin and Stacey Christmas special. Maybe he's a Cardiff City fan??