+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Zealand’s zero Covid

New Zealand’s zero Covid

New Zealand now has one of the highest levels of Covid-19 transmission in the world – an extraordinary turnaround for a country with some of the toughest restrictions in the world.

Re: New Zealand’s zero Covid

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    New Zealand now has one of the highest levels of Covid-19 transmission in the world – an extraordinary turnaround for a country with some of the toughest restrictions in the world.
    NZ managed to miss the most deadly variants before their recent outbreak because of their previous tough restrictions, which means that they've had 56 deaths during the 2 years of the pandemic.

They deserve to be congratulated when this is all over (whenever that will be) for getting the big decisions correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    NZ managed to miss the most deadly variants before their recent outbreak because of their previous tough restrictions, which means that they've had 56 deaths during the 2 years of the pandemic.

They deserve to be congratulated when this is all over (whenever that will be) for getting the big decisions correct.
    Well said, their location helped them, but there’s far more to their success than that.

It’s been a success up until this point …..but other health problems have been overlooked. R value is apparently 4.23

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...box=1646016466

It’s been a success up until this point …..but other health problems have been overlooked.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...box=1646016466
    It's going so badly and their restrictions are so tough that you post a link to an article with the headline that starts "New Zealand ends isolation rules"

Were they supposed to prevent the virus entering their country forever? They contained it for almost 2 years with 56 deaths.

I'm sure you will want to paint this as a disaster as you don't appear to like Covid "restrictions" (I'd call them preventative measures) but I'm not sure how you're going to do that. How many Kiwis have died so far as a result of the Omicron variant which has been transmitted across the country at a soaring pace (it's the least lethal and fastest spreading variant we're had so far)?

By keeping the virus at bay for 2 years, NZ have bought enough time to miss out on the deadliest variants and now have vaccines available. Did you expect them to stay in lockdown forever? I'm sure you would be against that idea too.

I eagerly await the point you're going to try to make next.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    It's going so badly and their restrictions are so tough that you post a link to an article with the headline that starts "New Zealand ends isolation rules"

Were they supposed to prevent the virus entering their country forever? They contained it for almost 2 years with 56 deaths.

I'm sure you will want to paint this as a disaster as you don't appear to like Covid "restrictions" (I'd call them preventative measures) but I'm not sure how you're going to do that. How many Kiwis have died so far as a result of the Omicron variant which has been transmitted across the country at a soaring pace (it's the least lethal and fastest spreading variant we're had so far)?

By keeping the virus at bay for 2 years, NZ have bought enough time to miss out on the deadliest variants and now have vaccines available. Did you expect them to stay in lockdown forever? I'm sure you would be against that idea too.

I eagerly await the point you're going to try to make next.
    My point is that they would have been in the same position if they had eased restrictions earlier , and let’s not forget that even without a treatment available the survival rate for people who are not obese or have diabetes is probably around 99%

Just to ignore the other negative affects of “ restrictions” such as undisclosed cancer treatments delayed operations, mental health issues, child protection delays etc is simply staggering for non risk groups.

If you’re high risk, then clearly you will have a different point of view.

My point is that they would have been in the same position if they had eased restrictions earlier , and let’s not forget that even without a treatment available the survival rate for people who are not obese or have diabetes is probably around 99%

Just to ignore the other negative affects of “ restrictions” such as undisclosed cancer treatments delayed operations, mental health issues, child protection delays etc is simply staggering for non risk groups.

If you’re high risk, then clearly you will have a different point of view.
    They would be in the same position if they had eased restrictions earlier?!

Actually, they'd probably only have 3 deaths and no problems elsewhere if they'd eased restrictions earlier.

I can't be bothered to reply properly to such preposterous bullshit.

Why did you engage in the first place then and ignore all the other valid points ?
    The case rate has risen exponentially.

Why did you engage in the first place then and ignore all the other valid points ?
    The case rate has risen exponentially.
    33% of New Zealand’s C-19 Hospitalisations in the last 6 months have occurred in the past 12 days;

33% of New Zealand’s C-19 Hospitalisations in the last 6 months have occurred in the past 12 days;

Previously you have said or posted arguments that Covid is probably manmade, was around at least three years before the first reported case, deaths have been wildly exaggerated, it's mainly a cold, lockdowns are overly restrictive, masks and testing are an unnecessary waste of time.

This one seems to be look at New Zealand now they have removed some lockdown restrictions. Their relative cases are going through the roof, hospitalisation is ramping up and it is spreading like wildfire.

How does this jigsaw fit together for you?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Previously you have said or posted arguments that Covid is probably manmade, was around at least three years before the first reported case, deaths have been wildly exaggerated, it's mainly a cold, lockdowns are overly restrictive, masks and testing are an unnecessary waste of time.

This one seems to be look at New Zealand now they have removed some lockdown restrictions. Their relative cases are going through the roof, hospitalisation is ramping up and it is spreading like wildfire.

How does this jigsaw fit together for you?
    I’m just posting news items ,I have my opinions, as do you and it’s a place for discussion.,You don’t have to agree do you ?
    Hope that helps

I’m just posting news items ,I have my opinions, as do you and it’s a place for discussion.,You don’t have to agree do you ?
    Hope that helps
    I’m fascinated to know why you would not rate what New Zealand has done in the past two years as a success.

Hope that helps
    Passive aggression aside. Previously you talked about things fitting into your "narrative". I was trying to understand what that narrative was and how New Zealand lifting restrictions and their cases and hospitalisations increasing fitted in with that. It could have been the trigger for an exchange of views rather than a way of setting up defensive barricades. For instance I haven't seen the evidence that the strict lockdown in NZ came at the expense of excess deaths or a delayed spike in other deaths. It would be useful to see that evidence and have a discussion about it.

Hope that helps
    I think I get your point. New Zealand believe the virrus is real, so you can interpret it as being an aricle about ongoing PCR test results. It's also possible that you believe something different in a personal capacity, so we are talking apples & pears. Is that correct?

(Note: The PCR tests may, or may not be accurate, but it's the system they have been using since the beginning).

I have colleagues in China, their city (of population 12 million!) went into a really strict lockdown a couple of weeks ago after testing had found 8 positive cases.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Passive aggression aside. Previously you talked about things fitting into your "narrative". I was trying to understand what that narrative was and how New Zealand lifting restrictions and their cases and hospitalisations increasing fitted in with that. It could have been the trigger for an exchange of views rather than a way of setting up defensive barricades. For instance I haven't seen the evidence that the strict lockdown in NZ came at the expense of excess deaths or a delayed spike in other deaths. It would be useful to see that evidence and have a discussion about it.
    Lots of things I put on here doesn’t generally be my own views , and what I agree with. N.Z have so far done very well,however, they appear to have ignored other serious illnesses within the population. Let’s see how this runs before making any definitive conclusions.

From what I have read, it may be due to the efficient testing regime.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You could be right there, an efficient testing regime with unreliable PCR tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I jest TBG, because I know you are a reasonable debater, but nonetheless;

When New Zealand has high rates it's an excellent testing regime
    When the UK has high rates it's down to government incompetence and a waste of money spent on testing.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I jest TBG, because I know you are a reasonable debater, but nonetheless;

When New Zealand has high rates it's an excellent testing regime
    When the UK has high rates it's down to government incompetence and a waste of money spent on testing.
    I am not making a judgement of any kind either way. Just recalling something I have read.

You cant hide form a virus its just waits for you to appear , I m guising other countries too more risk to kick stray their economies and exposed themselves to the virus , think Boris got it right on Omicron , yes more cases of however it might be trade off for better immunity ??

Don't think the lady will be power for much longer she has some extreme views see a while back her approval had dropped to 35%