+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If Wales plays Ukraine in the playoff final

If Wales plays Ukraine in the playoff final

Wales will be the country everyone bar Russia will want to lose.

Re: If Wales plays Ukraine in the playoff final

Fingers crossed Scotland do it then!

Who cares? The game will be played in Cardiff with a huge home support.

It will be Wales v Scotland and payback time.

If we do meet Ukraine I’d imagine the away end will be in a hell of an emotional state.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Fingers crossed Scotland do it then!
    Id rather Ukraine do it

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Id rather Ukraine do it
    It’s a Catch22, perhaps Scotland would be better being the bad guys and knocking them out.

I'd rather play Ukraine, couldn't stand to lose out to Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Wales will be the country everyone bar Russia will want to lose.
    Yes. However Noel mooney on radio wales seemed to say yesterday there seems to be little chance of Scotland playing Ukraine so we looking at the summer time hopefully. Ukraine have asked for a postponement as most of their players are based in Ukraine and they are unable to leave the country and it's unlikely Scotland Wales and Austria will all say no.

There’s no reason wales v Austria game can’t go ahead as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Wales Austria should be on. Just the final probably won't be until the summer. Just depends if Scotland get a bye or have to play the game.

I would want Ukraine to win.

As a wonderful gesture of solidarity perhaps we should hand the game to Ukraine to provide some joy to a beleaguered people .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    As a wonderful gesture of solidarity perhaps we should hand the game to Ukraine to provide some joy to a beleaguered people .
    Would you expect all opponents in the Qatar world Cup to do the same? Just give them a bye all the way to picking up the cup. Nice gesture and I've seen lots say it but I don't think that shows much respect really and can't see how they could celebrate being given the world Cup too much as it would be meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Would you expect all opponents in the Qatar world Cup to do the same? Just give them a bye all the way to picking up the cup. Nice gesture and I've seen lots say it but I don't think that shows much respect really and can't see how they could celebrate being given the world Cup too much as it would be meaningless.
    They don't need to win the cup, but it would be great to see them at the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'd rather play Ukraine, couldn't stand to lose out to Scotland
    again

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They don't need to win the cup, but it would be great to see them at the tournament.
    So Scotland and Wales should stand aside to allow Ukraine into the world Cup but once they get there everyone else would try and beat them? Sounds very disrespectful to the Ukrainians really and am sure they wouldn't want to qualify like that.

If the games are played the players will be so desperate to win they would likely qualify anyway so to deny them the chance of proving that and not turning up to play them seems unfair on them.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    **** off

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    I agree but to play devils advocate, if we olay our match now,the other semi and the final will probably be postponed and moved to a window in the summer. Now in that window, whoever wins our semi will potentially have a fitness advantage over whoever wins the other semi as we would have probably had a relaxed friendly before the final where as they will have had a potentially physically and mentally draining semi a few days before.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    **** off
    My sentiments exactly. News just in: Ukraine isn’t the only country in the world experiencing war at the moment. What would make Ukraine more deserving of special treatment than any of the others?

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Holt View Post
    My sentiments exactly. News just in: Ukraine isn’t the only country in the world experiencing war at the moment. What would make Ukraine more deserving of special treatment than any of the others?
    Why should we lose out, too? Italy etc can still qualify, it isn't our fault we've been drawn in their path. I'd have no issue with Ukraine being given a place provided we are given the chance to qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Should’ve done a better job at qualifying then.