+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: John Bercow was a serial bully

John Bercow was a serial bully

Ex-Commons Speaker John Bercow was a serial bully, says report .

Vile man .

Expel him Sir Kier now he is a Labour man not Tory or us he ffs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60660385

Re: John Bercow was a serial bully

A long term Tory and now Labour, so thankfully I think this is one that needn't go down the sectarian route...

From everything I have heard he isn't a nice man at all. Was on a total power trip as speaker too. Utterly dreadful compared to Hoyle.

In the imporatl words of the otrher useful idiot Corbyn I quote his twitter

"As speaker John Bercow stood up for the most " lol June 21

Then the rat switched to Labour after all his efforts to deafen democracy and turn the leave vote , add Sir Kier to that one ship

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    In the imporatl words of the otrher useful idiot Corbyn I quote his twitter

"As speaker John Bercow stood up for the most " lol June 21

Then the rat switched to Labour after all his efforts to deafen democracy and turn the leave vote , add Sir Kier to that one ship
    imporatl words indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    A long term Tory and now Labour, so thankfully I think this is one that needn't go down the sectarian route...

From everything I have heard he isn't a nice man at all. Was on a total power trip as speaker too. Utterly dreadful compared to Hoyle.
    Bercow probably edged too far towards being a celeb. Hoyle has just served to prove how little power the speaker actually has in a practically lawless house of commons.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    imporatl words indeed!
    He's in his element over this; he gets to mention his hero Corbyn again and makes him feel importatl.

I wonder if he wrote speeches for Trump. Covfefe springs to mind.

Well done Sir Kier for acting quickly and suspending the nasty piece of works:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2031080.html

Andrea Leadsom had his number long ago , but nobody listened as she was a Tory .

Andrea Leadsom had his number long ago , but nobody listened as she was a Tory .
    Andrea Loathsome you mean!

Interesting to see her support of a bully here - https://twitter.com/andrealeadsom/st...52468297756672

Maybe she didn't 'have his number' and actually just had an agenda?

The man was a bully , his behaviour was known , how decent MP's could support him is so poor.

I guess though they enjoyed his biased towards the remainers cause , his dislike of Boris , more than the known bullying of thier own.

His move to Labour was toe curling , Labour should have refused his request , they knew what his behaviour was like sadly they thought it made great press to see him swap political sides so easily , dear me any port in a storm I guess for both Bercow and Labour at the time

The man was a bully , his behaviour was known , how decent MP's could support him is so poor.

I guess though they enjoyed his biased towards the remainers cause , his dislike of Boris , more than the known bullying of thier own.

His move to Labour was toe curling , Labour should have refused his request , they knew what his behaviour was like sadly they thought it made great press to see him swap political sides so easily , dear me any port in a storm I guess for both Bercow and Labour at the time
    So, let’s get this clear, a report comes out yesterday branding Bercow a “serial bully” and straight away you’re on to it with your normal desire for political balance demanding that Labour cancel his membership of the party. Within a few hours, it’s announced Labour have suspended him pending a party review and, after you first congratulate Starmer for taking decisive action, you then revert to your default setting by having a go at Labour for accepting Bercow as a member in the first place.

Tell me, did John Bercow just become a serial bully once he left the Conservative Party? If he did, then how can Labour be blamed for accepting his application for membership? If he was always a serial bully, then, using your logic, shouldn’t the Conservative Party be criticised as well for not doing anything about it while he was a member of that party or does he only become a serial bully when an independent review says he is?

To provide some of the “balance” you clearly place such great store in, I can’t help but contrast Keir Starmer’s approach to a critical independent report with that of our Prime Minister when it comes to those into the behaviour of Priti Patel and Owen Patterson.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales;5282291[B
    [/B]
    .......and some fall on stony ground!

Interesting that Life on Mars is very concerned with the plight of bullied adults but not so concerned with the plight of sexually abused children. Life on Mars, maybe the bullied adults 'brought it on themselves' like you felt those victims of sexual abuse did?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, let’s get this clear, a report comes out yesterday branding Bercow a “serial bully” and straight away you’re on to it with your normal desire for political balance demanding that Labour cancel his membership of the party. Within a few hours, it’s announced Labour have suspended him pending a party review and, after you first congratulate Starmer for taking decisive action, you then revert to your default setting by having a go at Labour for accepting Bercow as a member in the first place.

Tell me, did John Bercow just become a serial bully once he left the Conservative Party? If he did, then how can Labour be blamed for accepting his application for membership? If he was always a serial bully, then, using your logic, shouldn’t the Conservative Party be criticised as well for not doing anything about it while he was a member of that party or does he only become a serial bully when an independent review says he is?

To provide some of the “balance” you clearly place such great store in, I can’t help but contrast Keir Starmer’s approach to a critical independent report with that of our Prime Minister when it comes to those into the behaviour of Priti Patel and Owen Patterson.
    I agree with your last sentence, he has acted quickly when compared to Boris Johnson, although since this report said that, if still an MP, Bercow would have been expelled from the commons ( which only happened 3 times in the 20th century and not at all so far this century) perhaps Sir Keir didn't have much choice.

However, when Bercow applied to join Labour in mid 2020, Sir Keir would surely have been aware that an enquiry regarding bullying was underway and that the complainants included Lord Lisvane the former clerk to the commons (who is of course a Cardiff lad, a point in his favour!!)and Angus Sinclair a former naval captain, as well as Kate Emms Bercow's fomer secretary. In addition David Leakey a retired Lieutenant General and former Black Rod gave evidence to the enquiry and also spoke out against Bercow getting a peerage earlier in 2020.

Wouldn't it have been sensible to have delayed Bercow's admission to Labour until the results of the enquiry were known?

Ooooo let take make a joke of a know bully or move the goalposts for a fella that was breaking the remit of a speakers impartially , as leader he is in charge of bullying and harassment all in the name of his own politcial view , I note it hasn't made big headlines I wonder why ??????

Glad he has been ousted strange how the committees at the time of the reported incidents found him in not guilty guess he had a lot of allies on the left and in the middle and Remainers of course , those front bench MP's would have all know about this behaviour wouldn't they , the union leader of the 21 bullied said so yesterday ??

Its pretty poor behaviours and abuse in such a historic role .

I wonder what the wonderful Betty Boothroyd would make of it ??

What an arrogant man he was ?

Well now it is established that rude, threatening liars should be expelled from the commons, who is going to fill all the empty seats?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Well now it is established that rude, threatening liars should be expelled from the commons, who is going to fill all the empty seats?
    Indeed, the building will be empty , as there are no saints on either side .

Indeed, the building will be empty , as there are no saints on either side .
    Hardly fair to say that every MP is a threatening liar.

What happened to your famous sense of balance?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I agree with your last sentence, he has acted quickly when compared to Boris Johnson, although since this report said that, if still an MP, Bercow would have been expelled from the commons ( which only happened 3 times in the 20th century and not at all so far this century) perhaps Sir Keir didn't have much choice.

However, when Bercow applied to join Labour in mid 2020, Sir Keir would surely have been aware that an enquiry regarding bullying was underway and that the complainants included Lord Lisvane the former clerk to the commons (who is of course a Cardiff lad, a point in his favour!!)and Angus Sinclair a former naval captain, as well as Kate Emms Bercow's fomer secretary. In addition David Leakey a retired Lieutenant General and former Black Rod gave evidence to the enquiry and also spoke out against Bercow getting a peerage earlier in 2020.

Wouldn't it have been sensible to have delayed Bercow's admission to Labour until the results of the enquiry were known?
    Your presuming guilt unless proved innocent there though aren’t you? There’s been plenty to justifiably criticise Labour about in recent years, but I don’t see what they’re supposed to have done wrong here - they’ve acted promptly and correctly as soon as an investigation had concluded that one of their members was a “serial bully”. My comparison was more to do with the contrast in a party leader’s reaction to an investigation finding the Home Secretary guilty of something similar and the other’s when a party member was rather than the speed of Starmer’s decision - the PMs response to the Patterson verdict was to try to change the rules, not punish the wrongdoer.

The arsehole here is Bercow. It was well known what he was like - undeniably some were happy to gloss over it because he was (quite shockingly for a speaker) anti-brexit. However, you can't throw people to the wolves because of accusations.

The Tories could presumably have thrown him out of the party (I'm not sure of the rules as speaker here) and I recollect lots of people in Labour were opposed to him becoming a member. I'm not sure Labour should have accepted him, but on what grounds could they refuse?

He's an arse and he's been found out and I'm glad. A lesson for all parties.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Your presuming guilt unless proved innocent there though aren’t you? There’s been plenty to justifiably criticise Labour about in recent years, but I don’t see what they’re supposed to have done wrong here - they’ve acted promptly and correctly as soon as an investigation had concluded that one of their members was a “serial bully”. My comparison was more to do with the contrast in a party leader’s reaction to an investigation finding the Home Secretary guilty of something similar and the other’s when a party member was rather than the speed of Starmer’s decision - the PMs response to the Patterson verdict was to try to change the rules, not punish the wrongdoer.

I wasn't presuming guilt at all Bob. I wasn't saying to ban Bercow from joining Labour ( though I suspect that is what will happen now), just that it may have made sense to delay his membership until the position became clear following the completion of the enquiry which I would regard as a neutral act (as when someone is suspended in a disciplinary matter at work pending an enquiry) rather that presuming guilt or innocence.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I wasn't presuming guilt at all Bob. I wasn't saying to ban Bercow from joining Labour ( though I suspect that is what will happen now), just that it may have made sense to delay his membership until the position became clear following the completion of the enquiry which I would regard as a neutral act (as when someone is suspended in a disciplinary matter at work pending an enquiry) rather that presuming guilt or innocence.
    The only down side they just stay suspended for a very long and then sneaked back in when no one is watching, unlike normal work where you end up sacked .

Ex-Commons Speaker John Bercow was a serial bully, says report .

Vile man .

Expel him Sir Kier now he is a Labour man not Tory or us he ffs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60660385
    Ugly Patel is a know bully and cost the UK taxpayer dearly. She should have been sacked. Expel her Bodger

Where’s your outrage? Double standards as always.

Vile woman.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Ugly Patel is a know bully and cost the UK taxpayer dearly. She should have been sacked. Expel her Bodger

Where’s your outrage? Double standards as always.

Vile woman.
    yes I'm outraged , she is known to be a nasty piece of works , think that's why her department is all over the place they have downed tools , as she wants more from them in the way of work , that's why she has the that role Home Sectary is not the job for nice people.
    #

I don't have her as ugly though . ?

Folk used to say the same to May another tough cookie .

Not excusing Mrs Patel , there is an important difference Bercow's role as speaker who his appointed by MP's is to ensure the very behaviour he delivered didn't happen through the commons and parliament * ie lead by example * he was reported many times all swept under the opposition carpet whilst he was the Remainers last hope and friend , and yes they needed him , surely you can see the irony of it all coming out now after hes been booted and were out of Europe its being called found out .

Jeepers it takes some going to upset a man whose role is to just bangs the door with a black rod to enable the the queen to go in and out . Worth a read below .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rmer-black-rod

best you don't watch the thick of it as politics is brutal , and we know what party that was based on.

I'm not defending anyone its everywhere , its not a nice job you have to be brutal but not to the level of rudeness and poor behaviour of a very arrogant and privileged man of Bercow who couldn't be voted out by you and I Patel can.

I still don't get why the Labour Party let him in poor decision in my view not worth the headline Sir Keir ?