+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rip Rod Marsh

Rip Rod Marsh

Rod Marsh, the famous Australian wicketkeeper has passed away at the age of 74

He had been in an induced coma since a heart attack last week.

Caught Marsh bowled Lillee is probably one of the most common dismissals in the history of test cricket

Re: Rip Rod Marsh

After decades of reading about the deaths of sporting icons from the time before I was born or was too young to have seen them in action live, it’s now reached the stage where it’s my generation, or sometimes even younger, that are passing away. It’s a strange feeling reading about the demise of people who you never thought of in terms of dying because they were indestructible in your mind’s eye -Rod Marsh is very much in that category because for me, he’s still leaping about trying to prevent Lillee and Thomo’s more wayward deliveries going for four byes and making difficult catches look easy.

RIP to a great wicketkeeper and a good man.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    After decades of reading about the deaths of sporting icons from the time before I was born or was too young to have seen them in action live, it’s now reached the stage where it’s my generation, or sometimes even younger, that are passing away. It’s a strange feeling reading about the demise of people who you never thought of in terms of dying because they were indestructible in your mind’s eye -Rod Marsh is very much in that category because for me, he’s still leaping about trying to prevent Lillee and Thomo’s more wayward deliveries going for four byes and making difficult catches look easy.

RIP to a great wicketkeeper and a good man.
    I felt exactly the same.

RIP

I started the thread re. His illness, sad that he didn’t pull through. As has been said he was very much a part of our sporting life for many of us. One that I’m glad I’m old enough to have witnessed, RIP to a true sporting legend.

Big character in Aussie cricket

RIP Rod. Watching the likes of you, Knotty, Bob Taylor and Eifion Jones was the reason that when I eventually pop my clogs, my gloves will be in the coffin with me, just in case I get a game in the afterlife. A childhood hero. Thanks for the memories Rod.