+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Green Revolution, energy prices and the War

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Green Revolution, energy prices and the War

How long is it going to take to get any supply from more North Sea drilling or fracking though?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    How long is it going to take to get any supply from more North Sea drilling or fracking though?
    I don't think it would take that long, a lot of politicians think fracking is the answer, but there are even more against it, I think we need a combination of all three, Green measures, fracking and North Sea oil increases, some big decisions to be made in the coming weeks!

What I can't understand is how the price of oil got so high before the war, surely it's in their interests to keep the price down and country's dependant upon it, now they are pushing governments away faster to implement more and more green measures more quickly?

Unless Putin was trying to push the price up, could he have that much influence, so he could invade and leave the world more scared to implement sanctions?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I don't think it would take that long, a lot of politicians think fracking is the answer, but there are even more against it, I think we need a combination of all three, Green measures, fracking and North Sea oil increases, some big decisions to be made in the coming weeks!

What I can't understand is how the price of oil got so high before the war, surely it's in their interests to keep the price down and country's dependant upon it, now they are pushing governments away faster to implement more and more green measures more quickly?

Unless Putin was trying to push the price up, could he have that much influence, so he could invade and leave the world more scared to implement sanctions?
    Problem is that no one wants to live near a fracking site as it can infect and pollute the groundwater

Also, if I remember rightly, fracking sites tend to be quite short term, and stop being effective and efficient after just a few years.