+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Green Revolution, energy prices and the War

International

Re: The Green Revolution, energy prices and the War

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I don't understand how we ended up in this situation, nuclear power gives us the energy we need and is climate friendly. We should have been building them over the past 30 years. Typical of neoliberalists though to never think long term.
    They are finally onto it?

It took them long enough !!!

International

Is anyone starting to think the World situation with fuel and air travel is connected to the push for the green revolution ?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Is anyone starting to think the World situation with fuel and air travel is connected to the push for the green revolution ?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    My grandad used to do that, drive 10 miles to a different town cos the petrol was a (old) penny cheaper. Ford Zephyr, men have front sear, column shift, powder blue.
    Saw two late 70's Porsche 911s driving along the Taff Embankment on Monday clearly part of a classic car meet. The cost to maintain and run these cars now must be off the scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Saw two late 70's Porsche 911s driving along the Taff Embankment on Monday clearly part of a classic car meet. The cost to maintain and run these cars now must be off the scale.
    good ..should be on the scrap heap years ago

Quote Originally Posted by nomad blue View Post
    No
    Me either. I think it started as a result of nations emerging from lockdowns, a lack of reserves and has been made worse by the attack on Ukraine.

International

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Me either. I think it started as a result of nations emerging from lockdowns, a lack of reserves and has been made worse by the attack on Ukraine.
    Yes all true, and I'm no consparacy theorist, but will the World Leaders do whatever it can to resolve it and push down the price of fuel as low as possible as quickly as possible.

Maybe now they think along the lines of, well this will push things along nicely we can advance the need for nuclear power stations, electric cars, offshore wind farms with less objections, and start to accelerate the reduction in emissisions?

I think things are playing out very nicely for their agenda, i'm not strongly against it, I just find it very convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We all can make difference in our own way, we don't need heating on all the time , we could turn off street lighting / quiet road traffic lights, business premises lighting or half it all , impose a self disciplined 20mph/ 50mph driving on 30 or 60 mph roads .

In Berlin some are taking old showers as a demonstration of support of course its small things globally its massive.

I've dragged my excessive gas costs down from £3 a daytime £1.50 by turning off uneated rads and down to gas mark instead of 3 take quick showers instead of baths .
    Reminds me Pontins in Rhyl