+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Victor Camarasa

Victor Camarasa

I think he'd be a superb signing for us in our midfield. He's out of favour at Betis and he might not cost much.

Any thoughts?

Re: Victor Camarasa

He was a great player for us but I suspect he might be out of our wage bracket

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    He was a great player for us but I suspect he might be out of our wage bracket
    I was thinking that, but he's out of contract in the summer, spent last season injured and has barely featured this season at all. I can't see any top flight sides in Spain or England coming in for him, so he may need to lower his expectations somewhat. Next season he needs to find a club where he can play regularly.

tried to look up his salary online, the first 3 sites that claimed to know it, one said 10k, another 17k and the third 20k.

so who knows.

Yes if he would play for 10k

He would be perfect if it was a realistic option.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    tried to look up his salary online, the first 3 sites that claimed to know it, one said 10k, another 17k and the third 20k.

so who knows.
    Interesting. He certainly won't be able to get whatever salary he is currently on.

Thats one signing I would love to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think he'd be a superb signing for us in our midfield. He's out of favour at Betis and he might not cost much.

Any thoughts?
    Lightweight. Didn't always fancy it. I'm not surprised he's out of favor at Betis. He'd be a disappointing signing for an EPL club. He'd be waste of time in the Championship. He just wouldn't show up.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Lightweight. Didn't always fancy it. I'm not surprised he's out of favor at Betis. He'd be a disappointing signing for an EPL club. He'd be waste of time in the Championship. He just wouldn't show up.
    Really you don’t think he could do what Doyle does?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    No. Doyle runs around - alot.

Hasn’t he been out injured for most of the season? ACL or similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Hasn’t he been out injured for most of the season? ACL or similar?
    Yes, last season.

His girlfriend (soon to be wife) studied in and has great affection for Cardiff.
    Maybe she’s happy to swap Tapas in Sevilla for a Fish & Chips in Caroline Street.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    His girlfriend (soon to be wife) studied in and has great affection for Cardiff.
    Maybe she’s happy to swap Tapas in Sevilla for a Fish & Chips in Caroline Street.
    She could go to Bar 44 on Westgate Street

He would complement Doyle but sadly neither will be with us next season. I thought Camarasa was superb for us but I have to wonder whether he could stand up to the cloggers in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    He would complement Doyle but sadly neither will be with us next season. I thought Camarasa was superb for us but I have to wonder whether he could stand up to the cloggers in the Championship.
    Who don't you think that Doyle will be playing for us next season?

I don’t see why Doyle won’t be back, I don’t see him getting games in the premiership for any team. I suppose someone in the championship might try and buy him but if he’s available for loan then I don’t see why we can’t get him.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Who don't you think that Doyle will be playing for us next season?
    I think you meant to say "Why". I think Man City will probably sell him as his chance of ever getting in their first team is slight. I believe a number of Championship clubs will be interested meaning it will probably be an almighty struggle for us to keep him let alone buy him or match his likely wages. I would love him to stay but I doubt whether it will happen. My opinion of course but this site is for exchanging views and these are mine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Ex-fiancee as I understand it..

I think you meant to say "Why". I think Man City will probably sell him as his chance of ever getting in their first team is slight. I believe a number of Championship clubs will be interested meaning it will probably be an almighty struggle for us to keep him let alone buy him or match his likely wages. I would love him to stay but I doubt whether it will happen. My opinion of course but this site is for exchanging views and these are mine.
    I don't believe that he would be on big wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't believe that he would be on big wages.
    If he’s on big wages then I doubt any championship club would take him so a loan would be more likely. Before us he was hardly hot property.

If he’s on big wages then I doubt any championship club would take him so a loan would be more likely. Before us he was hardly hot property.
    He's out of contract this summer.

He has a contract with Man City til 2025. I'm sure they'll want to let him develop on loan for another 2 years before they decide if they want to cash in or not, and I don't quite think he's good enough for a Prem team to take him just yet.

Which leaves a team abroad or a team in the Championship, in which case I'd think we'd be well placed to take him.

As for Camarasa, I'd love him back but I imagine he will stay in Spain.