+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lazy ref last Saturday

First Team

Lazy ref last Saturday

One of my pet hates is lazy refs. Last Saturday was a corker.

He barely strolled outside a box twenty meters either side of halfway and got nowhere near the touchlines.

He made decisions from sometimes 40 meters away from an incident.

Normally, I associate it with Premier League officials who have deigned to ref an EFL game. But I'd never heard of Saturday's before.

Re: Lazy ref last Saturday

I just thought he was a bit over fussy and didn’t t let a bad enough game flow. I wasn’t surprised that he cancelled Hugill’s strike at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    I just thought he was a bit over fussy and didn’t t let a bad enough game flow. I wasn’t surprised that he cancelled Hugill’s strike at the end.
    He'd blown the whistle before the shot was taken

RichardM, That doesn’t surprise me,

He wasn’t good but I think it fair to say the Referees seem to get very little help from Linesmen whose only two functions appear to be to say if the ball went out of play or if a player is offside and they are often wrong then. Fouls and shirt holding often happen right in front of them but they fail to call it.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    He wasn’t good but I think it fair to say the Referees seem to get very little help from Linesmen whose only two functions appear to be to say if the ball went out of play or if a player is offside and they are often wrong then. Fouls and shirt holding often happen right in front of them but they fail to call it.
    Thought the linesman on the Ninian stand side was doing semaphore. Had to keep asking the ref before making a decision......absolutely hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Thought the linesman on the Ninian stand side was doing semaphore. Had to keep asking the ref before making a decision......absolutely hopeless.
    I noticed that. He did it once when the ball went out of play and he had a clearer view than the ref.