+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A question I don't expect an answer to.

A question I don't expect an answer to.

It just struck me that we scored three times in five minutes at Stoke and twice in four minutes last night, so the five goals we scored against them this season came in less than ten minutes. I'd be surprised if we've ever scored five or more goals against the same opponent in our two league matches against them at the rate of better than one every two minutes, but I guess we'll never know for sure.

Re: A question I don't expect an answer to.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It just struck me that we scored three times in five minutes at Stoke and twice in four minutes last night, so the five goals we scored against them this season came in less than ten minutes. I'd be surprised if we've ever scored five or more goals against the same opponent in our two league matches against them at the rate of better than one every two minutes, but I guess we'll never know for sure.
    I'm sure the timing of goals is in Eric's spreadsheet and he will be along with an answer soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I'm sure the timing of goals is in Eric's spreadsheet and he will be along with an answer soon.

Is this the same Eric who stated Peterborough hadn’t won in 40 matches

An excellent observation!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Is this the same Eric who stated Peterborough hadn’t won in 40 matches
    I'd misheard the guy on Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Sadly they are not included, neither have I added goalscorers. Goalscorers and attendances are a project for another day, goal timing info probably isn't available

Not that it fits this criteria, but Warboy’s hat-trick against Carlisle (in ten minutes) always sticks with me

He went on to score a 4th as well

Didn’t Gavin Gordon (name), score 5 or 6 in a league cup game ?

Not that it fits this criteria, but Warboy’s hat-trick against Carlisle (in ten minutes) always sticks with me

5, vs Rushden and Diamonds at home in an LDV Vans trophy game in 2001.

Gordon scored his goals between the twelfth and eightieth minutes that night - we scored three times between the seventieth and eightieth minutes.

Warboys' goals against Carlisle came after 2,4,9 and 43 minutes.

Gordon scored his goals between the twelfth and eightieth minutes that night - we scored three times between the seventieth and eightieth minutes.

And all with a bandaged hand (didn’t score with the hand, obviously )

Not sure of the minutes they were scored but Derek Tapscott scored 6 against Knighton in the Welsh cup. 1961 (why did I thinks7?)......(16-0 final score..._)
    I was there!!

Didn't Len Davies once score 7 in a game on a tour of Canada in the late 20s?

I was at the Carlisle game but couldn't remember (or forgot) Warboys scoring 3 goals in 7 minutes. It begs the question, is this the quickest hat-trick ever scored by a City player, or even the quickest scored by any player in the Second Division ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Not sure of the minutes they were scored but Derek Tapscott scored 6 against Knighton in the Welsh cup. 1961 (why did I thinks7?)......(16-0 final score..._)
    I was there!!
    I read somewhere that 5 of the goals were after 21, 43, 44, 55 and 57 minutes. Not sure of the 6th. Graham Moore scored 4 (15, 36, 42 and ??), Brian Walsh (?? and 88), Peter Donnelly (41 and ??), Derek Hogg (82) and Danny Malloy (??) were the other scorers.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Not just the hand. He had a heavily strapped thigh too if I recall correctly.

He was limping from the kick off

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Not just the hand. He had a heavily strapped thigh too if I recall correctly.

He was limping from the kick off
    When Warboys ran (limped) out at the Hull away game, he had more bandages on him, than an Egyptian mummy.

And he still scored

Quote Originally Posted by tpcnw View Post
    I read somewhere that 5 of the goals were after 21, 43, 44, 55 and 57 minutes. Not sure of the 6th. Graham Moore scored 4 (15, 36, 42 and ??), Brian Walsh (?? and 88), Peter Donnelly (41 and ??), Derek Hogg (82) and Danny Malloy (??) were the other scorers.
    So..that would be a hatrick in 2/3 minutes (43/44/45) - That has to be some sort of world record.let alone CCFC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tpcnw View Post
    10 goals were scored in a 25 minute spell between the 36th and 61st minutes. No wonder my only real memory of that match is my Dad and his mates debating the final score on the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    So..that would be a hatrick in 2/3 minutes (43/44/45) - That has to be some sort of world record.let alone CCFC!!!
    https://youtu.be/Ahud3LV156g

I think John Buchanan once scored 6 away at Knighton.

Remember it was like yesterday. Had his Hammie strapped up as well.
    Weather was sunny, I was sat in the Canton with my mam and dad. Happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    I think John Buchanan once scored 6 away at Knighton.
    Two bolters & one off the alley with his next roll though.