Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lets prey DVLA doesn't leave Wales

Lets prey DVLA doesn't leave Wales

Under cover story is breaking today , in the Times it has evidence of :

Not much work happening or non at all
    Union issues .
    Rows of blank computer screens / chairs
    Continued pandemic blame culture .
    The existence of Covid safety rules way higher and stricter than very strong Welsh Government Office Covid rules .

Let not be shocked if we lose these Welsh jobs .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZZ8SqKcNwk

Lets hope its not right as its sad

Re: Lets prey DVLA doesn't leave Wales

It took them 6 months to issue my son's provisional license, not surprised to hear there is a complete lack of organisation

the place is useless

It’s awkward using a computer keyboard, when you have 5 fingers and a thumb on each hand

Hopefully Mr Drakeford will call them out if it is that bad ,to ensure we can secure these jobs for Wales.

I have worked in industries where it get to a point it can't be fixed and the business just shuts down and simply moves into new areas where unemployment is higher , terrible for those effected , and its easy for Government type jobs to decentralise into smaller units in the UK rather than have a huge single unit with bigger issues or sell them off to private companies to manage.

Be careful what we demand and wish for my old boss used to say

DVLA didn't let employees work from home due the sensitive information staff deal with, but at the same time HMRC and DWP did.
    They also wanted staff with covid to return to the office after just 3 days isolation, against Government guidelines at the time of 10 days.
    The PCS got involved and nothing has been resolved.

Lets hope they move to Cardif.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Lets hope they move to Cardif.
    Or maybe even CARDIFF

There have been noises from Westminster about moving DVLA from Swansea to England for a while.
    Cant help feeling these reports are part of the softening up process.
    Make no mistake, whatever Wales Government says, the Tory government will do what it likes.

The DVLA could be the prey then!!

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    There have been noises from Westminster about moving DVLA from Swansea to England for a while.
    Cant help feeling these reports are part of the softening up process.
    Make no mistake, whatever Wales Government says, the Tory government will do what it likes.
    Hope not however lots of named people have suffered months waiting on licenses to go about there normal work.

I know of folk who go there and it's always been a relaxed place to say the least and can be Union controlled .

Think your points need to be flushed out by actual evidence before rushing to judgement, my concern is the impact to Welsh jobs .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Think your points need to be flushed out by actual evidence before rushing to judgement, my concern is the impact to Welsh jobs .
    I think you'd be turning cartwheels if the DVLA was moved to England.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Hope not however lots of named people have suffered months waiting on licenses to go about there normal work.

I know of folk who go there and it's always been a relaxed place to say the least and can be Union controlled .

You don't give a shit about Workers, if you did then you wouldn't hate Unions in the way that you do, which is what your post is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You don't give a shit about Workers, if you did then you wouldn't hate Unions in the way that you do, which is what your post is about.
    I've never ever come across anyone so transparent (and obsessed).

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I've never ever come across anyone so transparent (and obsessed).
    He even had a dig about unions in the P+O thread. He got his wish a long time ago, Unions have been kicked all over the dance floor by both sides of the political divide, although the divide isn't that great anymore.

He even had a dig about unions in the P+O thread. He got his wish a long time ago, Unions have been kicked all over the dance floor by both sides of the political divide, although the divide isn't that great anymore.
    Absolutely right. No doubt he lives in the lap of luxury and doesn't need unions. More and more people desperately need them nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Absolutely right. No doubt he lives in the lap of luxury and doesn't need unions. More and more people desperately need them nowadays.
    He has said on here that he grew up in poverty, without a pot to piss in, his words, yet he attacks unions and public services, which without, people like LOM would have been stealing Turnips from farmers fields to survive. He wants to give his head a wobble.

He has said on here that he grew up in poverty, without a pot to piss in, his words, yet he attacks unions and public services, which without, people like LOM would have been stealing Turnips from farmers fields to survive. He wants to give his head a wobble.
    Not talking about LOM here but rather in general. This 'im self made' take is so funny because it often becomes a core pillar of somebody's personality and it is built entirely on sand. If your family was poor, essentially, richer people paying taxes for services that your family used is the difference between you and a version of you who is selling coconuts by the road in some third world country. These people are a product of the system they despise and the only difference is that they have realised that they are contributers rather than beneficiaries now.

I was in Unison for years who I found were great however , the power and influence it had to help the employer became weaker and weaker , so I changed to GMB. They were no better and I just pay the monthly subscription out of habit.

My sister is a union representative, and she says her hands are tied these days. The conferences she attends is nothing more than a glorified piss up in Blackpool three times a year.

Did you really mean "help the employer?" If that were the case all the Tory boys would be supporting the unions and LOM would be the ringleader.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I was in Unison for years who I found were great however , the power and influence it had to help the employer became weaker and weaker , so I changed to GMB. They were no better and I just pay the monthly subscription out of habit.

My sister is a union representative, and she says her hands are tied these days. The conferences she attends is nothing more than a glorified piss up in Blackpool three times a year.
    I used to be a GMB rep when I worked for the council ( in the mid 90's ), In the old days we know they worked great and even when I was a rep, they were good to protect the workers from abuse, but ultimately they became rather toothless and the management normal got what they wanted ( but just tweaked it a little to make it look like they had listened )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I used to be a GMB rep when I worked for the council ( in the mid 90's ), In the old days we know they worked great and even when I was a rep, they were good to protect the workers from abuse, but ultimately they became rather toothless and the management normal got what they wanted ( but just tweaked it a little to make it look like they had listened )
    That is pretty much how I see it … still, I wonder what they do with the £30 a month these days from 500k members ?

That is pretty much how I see it … still, I wonder what they do with the £30 a month these days from 500k members ?
    Did Alexa say £30 or £13?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Did Alexa say £30 or £13?
    Huh ?

Huh ?
    Alexa, what's the monthly contribution to the GMB for a full member?