+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lets prey DVLA doesn't leave Wales

Re: Lets prey DVLA doesn't leave Wales

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I dunno why some people have their head in the sand about serious problems in some parts of the public sector (as happens in some private companies too).

We should all care how our money is spent and if you believe in public service you want them to be well run.

I was out recently and two friends were debating the NHS (I kept quiet for once) and one said you can't criticise the NHS, which is totally ridiculous. Criticising when something is poor and praising when something is good is absolutely what should happen
    Yeah, all well and good. I don't think that there is anyone on here who doesn't think that public services could be better and in some cases they are failing, for whatever reason, that's a separate issue in my opinion to what the likes of LOM spouts in a shitty veiled way. His opinion is based on ideology, not improved services or care for the people who need them most, he'd see them all privatised with unions and workers rights kicked into row Z.

I believe employment law In the UK Is relatively good and public sector workers are paid fairly and have excellent conditions of work and reasonable pensions all funded by the taxpayer , in return I think units like DVLA and Passports in times of difficulty and recovery should pull together then take their industrial action .

If that's right wing hey ho .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I believe employment law In the UK Is relatively good and public sector workers are paid fairly and have excellent conditions of work and reasonable pensions all funded by the taxpayer….
    On what evidence do you base these beliefs? How many civil service offices have you worked in?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    On what evidence do you base these beliefs? How many civil service offices have you worked in?
    On the basis of salary, pensions and conditions of work which are visible and on record, quite a few relatives and friends and the interface I've had over the years with said organisations .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    On the basis of salary, pensions and conditions of work which are visible and on record, quite a few relatives and friends and the interface I've had over the years with said organisations .
    Guesswork, then. You seem to assume that pay and working conditions are the same across the board. They’re not. Very far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He was probably correct with 'Prey' As in hunt, attack, dominate, obviously in relation towards the DVLA an it's workforce. That's LOM's style unfortunately. I feel like Ted Rodgers attempting to explain one of the Conundrums to a couple of bemused contestants on 321.
    I am afraid you have failed to convince me .
    He is referring to praying to our Lord that we don't lose the DVLA in South Wales .
    I hope that was simple enough for you to follow ?

Ah I see , you don't actually think he is being sympathetic to the cause .