18:00 - Nottingham Forest vs Liverpool

Re: FA Cup Quarter-Finals

ive lost all interest in this now

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    ive lost all interest in this now
    It seems that you aren't the only one.

Palace are a decent team. Very impressive particularly going forward. Everton were abysmal.
    Didn't really watch much of the other games.

I watched all of today's games on-and-off. Everton were terrible. Forest played very well against a much-changed Liverpool team and will rue missed chances. Southampton fought their way back well, but then Man City went all Man City on them.

I hope Palace can beat Chelsea in the semis.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Wonder if they'll just leave 30k empty seats for Chelsea or allow Palace both ends ?😁

I just looked at Chelsea's games so far. Chesterfield, Plymouth, Luton, 'Boro. Jammy *****.

Hope Palarse win the whole thing. The other 3 are starting to strangle the competition.

I just looked at Chelsea's games so far. Chesterfield, Plymouth, Luton, 'Boro. Jammy *****.
    Beating Boro in the quarters is no guarantee of success in the cup

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Beating Boro in the quarters is no guarantee of success in the cup
    Get's you to the final though.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Hope Palarse win the whole thing. The other 3 are starting to strangle the competition.
    Kind of flies in the face of the notion that the big clubs don't take the FA Cup seriously any more, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    The other 3 are starting to strangle the competition.
    Also, there have been six different winners of the FA Cup in the last nine years.

As for Liverpool strangling the competition, they haven't reached a final since 2011/12 and haven't won the thing since 2005/06. Meanwhile, Manchester City have won it once during the last decade.

Great to see Sol Bamba on Friday night. Did well I thought. Peltier also came on as a sub.

Thought Forest v Liverpool was a proper cup tie, the goal must have been onside I suppose, but it certainly didn’t look it - I still think offsides should be decided by the position of the feet.

Great atmosphere at the City Ground, Bob. What I would call an old-fashioned roar through most of the game. Liverpool had to work hard for that, the Forest press unsettled even Virgil Van Dyk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Wonder if they'll just leave 30k empty seats for Chelsea or allow Palace both ends ?��
    Chelsea can't sell tickets, but it doesn't mean that Chelsea fans can't attend, nothing to stop the FA from selling the tickets directly for that end

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Great to see Sol Bamba on Friday night. Did well I thought.
    Certainly did well defensively, and also did some good things with the ball while in possession.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Certainly did well defensively, and also did some good things with the ball while in possession.
    would be ideal for us for the current system if he was 10 years younger

Chasetown, Hereford, Wolves, 'Boro, Barnsley...........if only Carling did cup runs !

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thought Forest v Liverpool was a proper cup tie, the goal must have been onside I suppose, but it certainly didn’t look it - I still think offsides should be decided by the position of the feet.
    I must say I really enjoyed it. Partly because I was enjoying a roast dinner with my mum too.

I don't really like Forest much but growing up they were such a big name that it was quite enjoyable seeing them take on a top side again

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Chasetown, Hereford, Wolves, 'Boro, Barnsley...........if only Carling did cup runs !
    'Boro were a Premier League team. Wolves were in the same division as us. As were Barnsley. I'm not saying it was a difficult run, but it was a lot harder than Chelsea's.