Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: El Classico

El Classico

Less than an hour played

Real Madrid 0 - 4 Barcelona

Re: El Classico

Wow….is it not on tv anywhere?

Two questions. Why are they both wearing second kits? Why are large parts of the stadium closed off?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Two questions. Why are they both wearing second kits? Why are large parts of the stadium closed off?
    Kits - not sure

Stadium - being redeveloped

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Kits - not sure

Stadium - being redeveloped
    There might be some crowd restrictions from Covid still

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Wow….is it not on tv anywhere?
    It's now on a subscription channel. If you tap up C1C9F2C7 you can get all these games, and so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    There might be some crowd restrictions from Covid still
    I didn't even notice on Wednesday. I was watching on my phone though. Sporadically.

Can you imagine going to a football match on a Sunday night that was still going at 10:50pm?

Just watched the highlights which showed RM being completely outplayed by Barca in terms of goalscoring opportunities.

Lovely!

Wales > Golf > Laughing at Real Madrid

Austerity measures

Can you imagine going to a football match on a Sunday night that was still going at 10:50pm?
    i once went to spanish lower league game that ended well after 11pm

Kit change. It has been reported that Real Madrid wore black to commemorate them being 120 years old and so Barcelona decided to play in their away strip which matches the colours of the Catalan flag. One wag said "Both teams paying homage to what they most love, Barcelona to Catalonia and Madrid to the referees that have helped them so much. A nice gesture."

Watch the highlights.

Should have been 7-0 missed 3 sitters

No problem here. Public transport is available well into the small hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    But imagine children who have school the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Public transport is available 24/7 here, but I still wouldn't fancy it. Not on a Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    But imagine children who have school the next morning.
    People on the continent tend to have a different sleep pattern to others mind.

I remember eating with a Greek family in Zante and it was nothing for them to still be awake 11-12 in the night, they often didn’t start eating until very late

Public transport is available 24/7 here, but I still wouldn't fancy it. Not on a Sunday.
    New York public transport is horrible though

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    New York public transport is horrible though
    I've never had a problem with it. And I've been using it for over 20 years. It's cheap too. $2.75 from one end of the the city to the other.

I've never had a problem with it. And I've been using it for over 20 years. It's cheap too. $2.75 from one end of the the city to the other.
    that's a great price to be fair, but as major cities go there is a visible lack of investment in it compared to elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that's a great price to be fair, but as major cities go there is a visible lack of investment in it compared to elsewhere
    I'll admit it's not flashy like other underground systems I've been on. It has the most stations of any subway in the world and it's one of the oldest systems. Obviously, the newer stations are very nice. But it's cheap, reliable and runs 24 hours a day. I think it serves New York well. It also has free bus transfers. Meaning you can get a $2.75 subway ticket, get off the train, and jump on a bus using the same ticket.

I'll admit it's not flashy like other underground systems I've been on. It has the most stations of any subway in the world and it's one of the oldest systems. Obviously, the newer stations are very nice. But it's cheap, reliable and runs 24 hours a day. I think it serves New York well. It also has free bus transfers. Meaning you can get a $2.75 subway ticket, get off the train, and jump on a bus using the same ticket.
    Free passes for senior citizens?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Free passes for senior citizens?
    I don't know. I don't ever recall hearing about them.

NYC Subway System is great.
    Bit shabby but quick and cheap.