Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    On welsh TV programme now about that handball

He's such a tosser

Says footballs a short career and you have to give it your all

Which of course is true

But you are a cheat

So **** off
    That and the Davey Cooper penalty.
    Got a Scottish Mate here from Motherwell, he can't believe that I still hold a grudge.

The Scottish people that I have met throughout my life have in large been wonderful.
    Really nice....I just can't let it go.

Re: Joe Jordan

I will never forget it. I don’t think Jordan has ever admitted to it. He’s a cheat and a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I will never forget it. I don’t think Jordan has ever admitted to it. He’s a cheat and a liar.
    Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Got a Scottish Mate here from Motherwell, he can't believe that I still hold a grudge.

The Scottish people that I have met throughout my life have in large been wonderful.
    I loved earlier sticking it to them , even if it was a friendly

S4C ended the programme with Liar by the Pistols

Can't fault em

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

Neither can I.

It was the ref's decision and the ball did hit the player's hand. It was harsh, but not outrageous.

His son's Andy Career is a strange one

3 clubs, 8 seasons and 21 games

Then worked as a sports Psychotherapist dealing with addictions

now in Clifton

https://andrewjordanpsychotherapy.com

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Neither can I.

It was the ref's decision and the ball did hit the player's hand. It was harsh, but not outrageous.
    One of those things.
    Just seemed like we got done twice by them.

Apart from how close Neville Southall came to saving it, the second one at Ninian Park doesn’t bother me too much because the ball did hit a Welsh player’s hand and I think it would be seen as a correct decision in these days by VAR. There’s also what happened to Jock Stein minutes later to put a sense of perspective on things.

The Jordan one was different though, he cheated, prospered from it, openly celebrated his cheating and still it seems is unable to acknowledge or apologise for his cheating and, as for the argument that it all happened forty five years ago and it’s stupid to bear a grudge this long, I’m afraid that, in my case anyway, every time Wales fail to make it to a World Cup, my sense of bitterness with Jordan grows.

You can think of Cooper’s penalty, Bodin’s penalty miss, the Play Off defeat by Russia and conclude Wales cocked up on those occasions and were to blame themselves to a degree for what happened, but not in the case of the Jordan one, we did nothing wrong there - cheats do prosper I’m afraid, although I suppose there was a sense of karma when you see the national humiliation that followed for them in Argentina.

I agree entirely with the original post.

You'd never see Tapscott do something like that, he wasn't tall enough.

Phillips one was a clear penalty. I was too young for the Jordan one.

The Scottish "fans" in Wales that day were the problem. Worst fans ive ever come across by a massive margin.

Ive heard the horror stories of Anfield from those there as well.

After the game at NP when Scotland played England what pissed me off was casual fans not understanding why I wanted England to beat them.

When I lived in Manchester, I saw him walking toward me on High Street. Lunchtime, full of shoppers. My first thought was to punch him in the face as hard as I could. As he got closer, the bigger he became and the less sensible it seemed. I did nothing. I didn’t even call him a cheating ****.

He did what he had to do. It’s a footballers job to get away with as much as he can. It’s a referees job to try and stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    He did what he had to do. It’s a footballers job to get away with as much as he can. It’s a referees job to try and stop it.
    Well it's a footballer who cheats who might have that job or mission

But not the kind of footballer I want in my team

Peter Thorne , Peter Wittingham , that's the sort of player I admire

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well it's a footballer who cheats who might have that job or mission

But not the kind of footballer I want in my team

Peter Thorne , Peter Wittingham , that's the sort of player I admire
    Quite right. Check it out from about 3:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Quite right. Check it out from about 3:07.
    Whitts admitted that one and commented that the ref made him move the ball back to a spot that had an even better angle for the free kick. So technically, the ref was responsible for any advantage gained.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    I agree entirely with the original post.

You'd never see Tapscott do something like that, he wasn't tall enough.

Or Maradona…oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Apart from how close Neville Southall came to saving it, the second one at Ninian Park doesn’t bother me too much because the ball did hit a Welsh player’s hand and I think it would be seen as a correct decision in these days by VAR. There’s also what happened to Jock Stein minutes later to put a sense of perspective on things.

The Jordan one was different though, he cheated, prospered from it, openly celebrated his cheating and still it seems is unable to acknowledge or apologise for his cheating and, as for the argument that it all happened forty five years ago and it’s stupid to bear a grudge this long, I’m afraid that, in my case anyway, every time Wales fail to make it to a World Cup, my sense of bitterness with Jordan grows.

You can think of Cooper’s penalty, Bodin’s penalty miss, the Play Off defeat by Russia and conclude Wales cocked up on those occasions and were to blame themselves to a degree for what happened, but not in the case of the Jordan one, we did nothing wrong there - cheats do prosper I’m afraid, although I suppose there was a sense of karma when you see the national humiliation that followed for them in Argentina.
    Thierry Henry got off scott free with his one against the Republic of Ireland didn't he? Maybe not in Ireland mind, but elsewhere he's still loved whereas he's actually a bit of cheating shithouse. But I still love him

I do recall the majority of posters on here giving Peter Shilton a hard time when he said he’d never forgiven Maradona.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I do recall the majority of posters on here giving Peter Shilton a hard time when he said he’d never forgiven Maradona.
    C’mon now, we’re Welsh, we’re allowed to berate English goalkeepers

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I'm pretty sure Bobby Robson never forgave Maradona either.

At least we've now got VAR to make sure there are never any refereeing errors

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    At least we've now got VAR to make sure there are never any refereeing errors
    Sarcasm doesn't always come across on line, but there are exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Sarcasm doesn't always come across on line, but there are exceptions.
    I don't know, I reckon someone read it and thought "is he for real?"