+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe Jordan

Re: Joe Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Phillips one was a clear penalty. I was too young for the Jordan one.

The Scottish "fans" in Wales that day were the problem. Worst fans ive ever come across by a massive margin.

Ive heard the horror stories of Anfield from those there as well.

After the game at NP when Scotland played England what pissed me off was casual fans not understanding why I wanted England to beat them.
    What did they do? I remember it kicking off on the Bob Bank but was that really their fault? The ones we hung out with after the game were fine. Then we went back to Barry and there were loads there too. No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What did they do? I remember it kicking off on the Bob Bank but was that really their fault? The ones we hung out with after the game were fine. Then we went back to Barry and there were loads there too. No problem.
    I had the misfortune of being on the Kop with all the Scots. I was 17 at the time and had travelled up alone. They were the worst fans I had ever encountered, even to this day.
    Then that game at Ninian Park when it all kicked off on the Bob Bank. They have this attitude of.. "We are Scottish, we are coming to your city and we're going to take over".

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I had the misfortune of being on the Kop with all the Scots. I was 17 at the time and had travelled up alone. They were the worst fans I had ever encountered, even to this day.
    Then that game at Ninian Park when it all kicked off on the Bob Bank. They have this attitude of.. "We are Scottish, we are coming to your city and we're going to take over".
    Well, you can't really blame them for that. It's kind of their thing. And fair play to them, they do bring the numbers.

Well, you can't really blame them for that. It's kind of their thing. And fair play to them, they do bring the numbers.
    Well, it was that kind of mentality that makes them think they can take over home designated areas of a stadium without impunity.
    They came unstuck that day on the Bob Bank.

They didn't bring enough

They were complete tw@ts. Drunken bullies picking and looking for fights with us all.the way to the ground. We were school kids. These were about 20 to 30 year older than us.

One of my friends was threatened and had money taken from him.

It continued after the match as well , abuse , banging on the bus.

Nightmare. A friend of mine who is about 10 years older was at Anfield. The stories he told me about that day though make 85? sound like a day out to Church.

Well, it was that kind of mentality that makes them think they can take over home designated areas of a stadium without impunity.
    They came unstuck that day on the Bob Bank.
    I was in the Bob Bank that night, and can’t remember any trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    There was a huge fight to our left , we were right by the TV gantry

About 1500 Scottish fans were a pain in the arse and eventually they got leathered

The press reported trouble between Welsh fans but it was wales v Scotland and the taffies kicked their arses

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

About 1500 Scottish fans were a pain in the arse and eventually they got leathered

The press reported trouble between Welsh fans but it was wales v Scotland and the taffies kicked their arses
    As i said, i was in the middle of the Bob Bank with a few mates that night, and i genuinely can’t remember the bother.

It's easily the biggest fight I've ever seen inside a football ground. Hundreds of opposing fans going toe-to-toe near the Grange End corner of the Bob Bank.

Yup, that's pretty much how I remembered it. It was about midway between the TV gantry and the floodlight pylon on the corner of the Bob Bank /Grange End divide.

IF it turns out we play the ***** in the final, they'll be given 3000 tickets, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    IF it turns out we play the ***** in the final, they'll be given 3000 tickets, surely?
    When we played them at Anfield, the FAW didn't care who they sold the tickets to, they only saw £££££s in front of their eyes!

I'd like to think our increase in support since then will mean there will never be such a ticketing shambles ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Same here. Went to the Crooked Stairs after the game and spoke to some decent Scottish fans who were devastated about the news filtering through on Jock Stein.

I admit I still carry a grudge against Scottish football for the Joe Jordan handball, but, in my experience, Scottish fans, be it football or rugby, are right up there with the best opposition supporters I’ve come across.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Same here. Went to the Crooked Stairs after the game and spoke to some decent Scottish fans who were devastated about the news filtering through on Jock Stein.

I admit I still carry a grudge against Scottish football for the Joe Jordan handball, but, in my experience, Scottish fans, be it football or rugby, are right up there with the best opposition supporters I’ve come across.
    You might indeed still carry a grudge from the Joe Jordan handball, however, it's clearly evident from your comments bob that you watched the game at home on TV that evening, right?

You might indeed still carry a grudge from the Joe Jordan handball, however, it's clearly evident from your comments bob that you watched the game at home on TV that evening, right?
    No, I was on the Bob Bank like William Treseder. I was down the front where I used to go for City games back then.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, I was on the Bob Bank like William Treseder. I was down the front where I used to go for City games back then.
    Think he may be talking the Anfield game Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Think he may be talking the Anfield game Bob.
    Yes, reading his post again, I think you’re right. No, I didn’t go to Anfield, but did hear a few horror stories about that night and I can believe them because the Scots had gained themselves something of a reputation at that time, but I’d say that had or were in the process of changing by the mid eighties. Maybe I was lucky, but all of my direct dealings with Scottish fans have been amicable ones.