+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F'in Covid again, 2nd bout

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

F'in Covid again, 2nd bout

Just got back from France over the weekend flying from Geneva to Heathrow. Like a fecking Zoo at both ends and thought I was in a matchday crowd as so many people.

Ding ding 24 hours later cough, headache and heavy cold like symptoms and felt bushed. Lat Flow test lit up like a Christmas tree.

Can't believe how many people around here have now got this thing in my case for the 2nd time despite being fully jabbed and boostered.

Fortunately it's just like a crappy cold and cough but guess there'll be others for whom it's b1oody horrible.

Be safe fellow Bluebirds.

TIB.

Re: F'in Covid again, 2nd bout

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Just got back from France over the weekend flying from Geneva to Heathrow. Like a fecking Zoo at both ends and thought I was in a matchday crowd as so many people.

Ding ding 24 hours later cough, headache and heavy cold like symptoms and felt bushed. Lat Flow test lit up like a Christmas tree.

Can't believe how many people around here have now got this thing in my case for the 2nd time despite being fully jabbed and boostered.

Fortunately it's just like a crappy cold and cough but guess there'll be others for whom it's b1oody horrible.

TIB.
    good luck, when I had it this year, it was a sore throat and a heavy cold aswell , the cold was gone after a few days, but I still get a sore throat now ( not all the time, just every now and then, its really random )

Currently got my first bout. Symptoms not too severe thankfully, just a bit of a groggy headache, tiredness and with a cough for the first couple of days. All 4 of us at home have contracted it in the last few weeks despite having all been fully jabbed-up.

I'm on my second bout too! Was ill first time round but fine this time, day 9 and still testing positive though.

Weirdly I was a bit under the weather for a week or so leading up to it, then tested positive at work on Monday, then felt fine and was negative lat flows all week then tested positive on the lat flows on Saturday and have been ever since.

It's a mad virus

Hope you guys all recover ok.

In our family missus negative, daughter and grandson positive, son-in-law and granddaughter negative, there's no logic in all this. Think it's crazy that they're stopping kits at the end of the month.

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm on my second bout too! Was ill first time round but fine this time, day 9 and still testing positive though.

Weirdly I was a bit under the weather for a week or so leading up to it, then tested positive at work on Monday, then felt fine and was negative lat flows all week then tested positive on the lat flows on Saturday and have been ever since.

It's a mad virus
    Yes it's rife I've recently had it exactly the same ill before then positive for ten days?

It's not too bad, flu like for three days, then nasty cold with headache, I know loads with it at the moment, I think the numbers are much higher than the official figures, probably many not even testing, lots not testing properly and others not recording it.

I had negative tests from the nose, positive at the back of the throat?

I've just gone back to work after a few days off sick. Persistant cough, bad throat, headaches, temperature, etc - sounds like classic Covid, but I took two tests and both were negative. I've had three jabs, and a flu shot, so I'm wondering where this is coming from.

I haven't tested positive at all since the start, but I don't half feel rough at the moment and have done for weeks. Persistent cough, tight chest, cold symptoms etc
    Is it possible to have long covid without actually ever testing positive?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I haven't tested positive at all since the start, but I don't half feel rough at the moment and have done for weeks. Persistent cough, tight chest, cold symptoms etc
    you would guess so, your first few days of your symptoms could have been Covid

the thing is, LFT are only 70% reliable aswell ( when done correctly )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

The first time I had Covid in October the LFT were negative but the PCR positive. The symptoms then were more severe and included sore throat, loss of taste/smell for several days and persistent cough.

This time round the LFT really lit up and I sent off my PCR samples today expecting a positive result. PCR is a lot more sensitive to low viral mass. I'm speculating that the Omicron variant is less potent but more abundant based on my observations. Right now I'm persistently coughing and nose streaming and right now feeling very tired. Taste and smell fine.

I thought you had covid three times. Did you have misleading symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I thought you had covid three times. Did you have misleading symptoms?
    3 times, classic symptoms for me

1st time before vaccines, PCR positive, fairly rough
    2nd time LFT pos, sore throat
    3rd time LFT pos and heavy cold with headaches

But Ive heard / read of people get colds, tested LFT neg and the colds lasting a while

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I always think that Long Covid sounds like a village on the outskirts of Bristol.....

TIB.
    Just had it now, freedom day tomorrow. Loads of people I know have all caught it in the last few weeks, never before.
    To be honest the slight cold I had a month ago was worse. Bit of a headache, mild sore throat was all it was for me. 10 year old had a banging temperature and threw up but that’s was it.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Just had it now, freedom day tomorrow. Loads of people I know have all caught it in the last few weeks, never before.
    To be honest the slight cold I had a month ago was worse. Bit of a headache, mild sore throat was all it was for me. 10 year old had a banging temperature and threw up but that’s was it.
    your 1st time mate ? ? ?

freedom day is always special

your 1st time mate ? ? ?

freedom day is always special
    Yeah not sure how I managed to avoid for so long, not sure if it’s down to the vaccine or omicron being milder, but it barely registered with me bar seeing the extra line on the test. Wife was a bit rougher but she always gets bad colds etc…

TIB.
    Where do you get the light up lateral flow tests

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Where do you get the light up lateral flow tests
    Billy The Badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Billy The Badge.
    Have had nose streaming, sneezing , sore throat , feel tired all the time , mild cough . Have nasal lft test kit , negative 5 days in a row .... Do I have omicron virus ?

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Have had nose streaming, sneezing , sore throat , feel tired all the time , mild cough . Have nasal lft test kit , negative 5 days in a row .... Do I have omicron virus ?
    book a pcr on the gov website, you'll get one in the post within 24 hours foc ��

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Had same 2 weeks ago, lasted for a week. Had a Lat Flow test to travel to USA last week, all OK.

4th day since positive lat flow test and confirmed by positive pcr. can't stop coughing and trying to clear throat and nose streaming and sneezing. headache, stiff neck and feel total crap and slept most of the afternoon. right nasty fecker and worse than my first bout in Oct. Missus still -ve. This obviously affects people in different ways though lots of similarities from other posts.

I've ordered a pcr this evening. I'll be back at the weekend with the results.

People saying they are having it despite being jabbed. Am I getting confused, I thought the jabs just stopped you from being ill, not preventing you from getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    People saying they are having it despite being jabbed. Am I getting confused, I thought the jabs just stopped you from being ill, not preventing you from getting it.
    Exactly that, you can still catch it but shouldn’t get too bad