+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broadband you rate or hate?

International

Broadband you rate or hate?

I've been with talk talk for years, they've been good with steady broadband, but the service as all gone to pot, so it's time to change.

I was with Sky years ago, but the speed used to be turned down at peak times to nothing, have they improved?

But the best deal for fast broadband appears to be Vodafone, anyone using Vodafone, any problems with streaming?

Anyone to avoid? Thanks

Re: Broadband you rate or hate?

I've got a £10 per month big value bundle with Vodafone for my mobile and a Broadband/TV package with Virgin. No problems with either.

Talk Talk are OK

None of them are great according to my computer geek mate , he's with bt and is soon changing to utility warehouse ......whose broadband is provided by ......Talk Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I've got a £10 per month big value bundle with Vodafone for my mobile and a Broadband/TV package with Virgin. No problems with either.
    How much is the broadband TV package ?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I've been with talk talk for years, they've been good with steady broadband, but the service as all gone to pot, so it's time to change.

I was with Sky years ago, but the speed used to be turned down at peak times to nothing, have they improved?

But the best deal for fast broadband appears to be Vodafone, anyone using Vodafone, any problems with streaming?

Anyone to avoid? Thanks
    I'm with you regarding Talk Talk, and too and am looking to change. A few years ago i had EE recommended to me. Are they any good?

Anyone to avoid? Thanks
    I'm in North Cardiff and a number of providers including sky have told me they cannot match Virgin , the only one I've not chatted with is BT ..

Some providers will strangle your downloads though depending on their source for streaming and web browsing its brilliant , their wi fi hub is good bit not , with decent extenders its perfect

I switched to Zen Broadband about five years ago after reading that they were the highest rated Broadband provider by Which and I'm still with them. It was their customer relations that was mainly responsible for their good review and, in my experience, it was justified because they are a lot better on that score than any other I've been with. I've never been kept waiting long when I ring them and their staff are very patient and informative. Their prices have risen once I think in all the time I've been with them, but I'm expecting that to change any time soon, I can definitely recommend them though and the last time I looked at Which they were still very highly rated.

Just left BT. I had no complaints about the quality of the service but the monthly instalments were too high.Switched to a special deal with Sky, which came in around 55% of the price of the BT package I was on (and they installed a SkyQ dish and box accordingly).

International

Thanks all

I've just found out about truespeed on go compare good review on trustpiolet

300mb speed £29pm, 150mb £25pm with a cashback £75 amazon voucher

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.truespeed.com

Talk talk are terrible for reviews

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.talktalk.co.uk

I use IDnet not the cheapest but very reliable, rarely dropping off, also as Bob says of his provider, very helpful on the rare occasions I have had to contact them.

I'd have to ask my neighbour. I can say it's very reliable though, and cheap!

Edit: Not that secure though!

I'm with BT, £29 ish a month for 150gb. Had no problems with it in the 9 odd months with them. Utility Warehouse were ok, poor customer service was the main issue for me though. Definitely recommend going through TopCashback or similar.

First Team

In the Summer I live in a small town in the NW of Arizona (Payson).

There's one broadband option - Suddenlink.

It's $86 pcm for "up to" 100MBps per month. That's without any TV services or landlines. That's over $1k a year.

I cannot wait for Verizon or T-Mobile to stick a 5G mast up and offer service. Mind you the thick Trumper conspiracy theorists will probably burn the mast down in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'm with you regarding Talk Talk, and too and am looking to change. A few years ago i had EE recommended to me. Are they any good?
    We've been with EE for several years now. They are very reliable by us only dropping off once or twice in all the time we have been with them. But...was on 60mb and now they have been fully taken over and integrated with BT, best they could do on renewal was 36mb for £36/month +RPI annual increase including landline and free calls. Also get an extra 5gb of data on the mobile as that is EE, too.

i pay 9 quid for 4gb a month. What i don't use (coz there's wifi everywhere) gets put in a pot, i currently have 52gb in the pot

Talk Talk almost cost me a job. My service went down 5 minutes before an interview, it came back for 30 seconds just enough time for me to apologise for being late and then I got disconnected again.

I switched to BT straight after, £40 a month has been reliable so far and speed seems decent.

Used to be with virgin media, which was pretty good as you can opt to only pay for te internet, you aren't forced to get an additional landline that i did not want.

speeds were generally good, although a lot less than I should have been getting but it didn't really matter.

I'm with BT now, speeds are a fraction but seems pretty stable

Virgin media. Speed excellent 108-112 , reliability excellent, Customer Service Shite. Problem is if I change speeds I can get from all providers is 11-23 mbps.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Just left BT. I had no complaints about the quality of the service but the monthly instalments were too high.Switched to a special deal with Sky, which came in around 55% of the price of the BT package I was on (and they installed a SkyQ dish and box accordingly).
    I'm thinking of leaving BT and switching to Sky. Like you I found the service good, but the price too high.
    Once you ordered sky how long did it take for them to come out and do the job?

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I'm thinking of leaving BT and switching to Sky. Like you I found the service good, but the price too high.
    Once you ordered sky how long did it take for them to come out and do the job?
    Just a few days. Sky seems to swallow the cost of the landline whereas BT charge about £18 for it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Just a few days. Sky seems to swallow the cost of the landline whereas BT charge about £18 for it.
    With Sky is coverage good all around the house?

They used to say the q boxes act as wifi extenders is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    How much is the broadband TV package ?
    Think it's about £33 per month

I'm with Virgin Media.
    Service is very good but pricey.
    I signed up for their basic bb and line about 10 years ago - it was 10Mb.
    I've since been upgraded several times, now it's around 100Mb.
    I believe they keep upgrading the basic speeds because they declare to never be beaten on speed".
    So when a rival brings in faster speed, VM up theirs.

The only grip I've had with them was a few months ago when one of the big storms resulted in the cover of the outside box going AWOL. I reprted it, said i could fix a new cover if they sent it, but no, it "needed an engineer". took him 5 minutes and cost me £25.

Anyone to avoid? Thanks
    Talk talk are a nightmare, wouldnt fix an ongoing issue connection issue, cancelled it last October, every month they kept sending me a bill despite me paying an extra month or two. In the end I had debt recovery texts, I ignored them after then about 4 hours of calls which they continually denied I’d ever made, requested to spk to a manager said I had logged everything and was taking them to court. Only then did they actually cancel everything, told them I wanted compo for the harassment and stress and they gave me £100. Never again

We recently left BT as the monthly cost was extortionate (£45+ just for broadband). My better half did the due diligence and recommended that we switch to Plusnet. A couple of weeks later, when she was at work, I found the time to cancel the BT and switch, but I couldn't remember the name of the new provider she'd recommended. Desperate to get it done I took a guess and we are now proud owners of a TalkTalk router

No issues so far but it sounds like it might come back to bite me.