+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best atmosphere at the CCS

Best atmosphere at the CCS

There’s been some standout atmospheres since our move to the CCS - Palace in league cup, Leicester play offs, beating Man City in 2013 - but I don’t think anything comes close to last nights atmosphere.

Credit to the FAW they really have got everyone pulling in the same direction. The bond between players does seem special and the connection with the fans it’s unique in that it’s like a club support. It’s fanatical.

Re: Best atmosphere at the CCS

it was great, having a completely full ground makes all the difference, and theres always a nice atmosphere around Wales games

How funny, I was literally about to start a very similar thread.

I prefer the atmosphere for a big City game, but last night was brilliant. The entire lower Ninian and Canton stood all game.

It's quite remarkable how different it is to Wales games from 7-8 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it was great, having a completely full ground makes all the difference, and theres always a nice atmosphere around Wales games
    The DJ Gareth Hopkins and the band The Riff really set the tone before kick off under than Canton. Fantastic night from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

I prefer the atmosphere for a big City game, but last night was brilliant. The entire lower Ninian and Canton stood all game.

Yeah the lower Ninian joining in makes a massive difference and doesn’t really happen with city apart from a few big ones

I have been to a lot of Wales games at the CCS but not last night. Was it better than the Belgium atmosphere in June 2015?

Besides being the most successful generation I really think this generation of footballers have united the Welsh football crowd off the pitch. In the 90s and 00s there was a lot of trouble around the city and away games between Cardiff and Jacks and sometimes Newport. There was also a bit of a north / south divide but post Euros it really does feel like everyone is Together Stronger as the marketing line goes.

I was sat next to a Jack last night he said I can tell you’re a Cardiff fan. I said why’s that? He said youre singing all the songs except hymns and arias. I didn’t even realise tbh it must have just been the sub concious

When Wales scored I was jumping and celebrating with him. The way it should be for international games.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The DJ Gareth Hopkins and the band The Riff really set the tone before kick off under than Canton. Fantastic night from start to finish.
    Special night that was….was showing my 8 year old boy the free kick over and over this morning, incredible how it moved and just dipped right by the goal….like they said last night, if they had had two keepers they wouldn’t have stopped it….

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I have been to a lot of Wales games at the CCS but not last night. Was it better than the Belgium atmosphere in June 2015?
    I wasn’t at that game but last night the roar when the 2 goals went in, especially the first, nearly blew the top of the stand off.

It was a superb atmosphere.
    Beautiful rendition of the atmosphere.

"More like a rave" according to one of the Sky commentators last night. We're on holiday (arranged before the fixture came out). Sods Law says we'll be away for the rearranged play off final. One of those nights you had to be there.

Besides being the most successful generation I really think this generation of footballers have united the Welsh football crowd off the pitch. In the 90s and 00s there was a lot of trouble around the city and away games between Cardiff and Jacks and sometimes Newport. There was also a bit of a north / south divide but post Euros it really does feel like everyone is Together Stronger as the marketing line goes.

I was sat next to a Jack last night he said I can tell you’re a Cardiff fan. I said why’s that? He said youre singing all the songs except hymns and arias. I didn’t even realise tbh it must have just been the sub concious

When Wales scored I was jumping and celebrating with him. The way it should be for international games.
    Henceforth you shall be known as JB Hartley.

Nah, I agree with you.

Nah, I agree with you.
    I sung hymns and arias and Joey Rodon's magic and I regret nothing

Atmosphere last night was special, it felt like the Barry Horns didn't even play that much compared to usual, they didn't need to

Nah, I agree with you.

The rendition of the anthem was up there with Bordeaux and the Ireland games. No music after the first few bars allows the crowd to sing at its own pace rather than sometimes out of sync with the band or singer and we seem to own it more as a result. The pre-match atmosphere around Canton was an indicator it would be a top night and Dafydd Iwan belting out Yma O Hyd was tops. Fair play to the few Austrian fans to tried their best but it was like taking on a tank with a peashooter last night.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I sung hymns and arias and Joey Rodon's magic and I regret nothing

Atmosphere last night was special, it felt like the Barry Horns didn't even play that much compared to usual, they didn't need to
    i hOpE u sUng tHe TucHeD bY mY faThER aT 6 YeArS oLd LyRicS thO

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    The rendition of the anthem was up there with Bordeaux and the Ireland games. No music after the first few bars allows the crowd to sing at its own pace rather than sometimes out of sync with the band or singer and we seem to own it more as a result. The pre-match atmosphere around Canton was an indicator it would be a top night and Dafydd Iwan belting out Yma O Hyd was tops. Fair play to the few Austrian fans to tried their best but it was like taking on a tank with a peashooter last night.
    I may be wrong but I think it was Scotland Rugby who first did that 'turning the anthem off' thing. It's very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    In my opinion yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    In my opinion yes.
    Then that’s special because that night was wonderful.

Nah, I agree with you.
    👏 👏

Sore throat, struggling to talk, yes it was superb. Couldn’t get my normal seats (stands) in the Canton so was in the Ninian, it made a big difference that the majority of the Ninian stood all game, makes for a much better atmosphere, sitting down is too restrictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Sore throat, struggling to talk, yes it was superb. Couldn’t get my normal seats (stands) in the Canton so was in the Ninian, it made a big difference that the majority of the Ninian stood all game, makes for a much better atmosphere, sitting down is too restrictive.
    Oh dear... Sanctions beckon!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    What about the people who can't stand for 90+ mins though Des? If I'd had a ticket for the Ninian I'd have not been able to watch the match. People buy tickets for the Canton knowing it's going to be standing. I don't want to sound like a killjoy here but how would disabled people plan for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    What about the people who can't stand for 90+ mins though Des? If I'd had a ticket for the Ninian I'd have not been able to watch the match. People buy tickets for the Canton knowing it's going to be standing. I don't want to sound like a killjoy here but how would disabled people plan for this?
    To be honest why would someone whose disabled want to climb up the steps of the Ninian? My right hip is fecked, so I had to sit down every ten minutes or so. My City ST is in the Ninian, my Red Wall ticket normally in the Canton. There’s a massive comparison between the atmosphere in the Ninian standing v sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    It wasn't all standing I don't think, mainly the Canton side which I assume was mainly people who are normally in the Canton but couldn't get tickets there