+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bale hits back at media.

Re: Bale hits back at media.

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    He seems happy enough with the situation last night.
    I love how some on here think that he should move when all along he has said he's going nowhere.
    He has never given any sign in his body language that it has affected him in any way.
    He takes all their crap in his stride.

How do you this hasn’t affected him? He has talked about mental health today and how the press can cause serious damage with the way they write about people. He is right to say so too. He has been treated shoddily by the press and many Madrid fans. A player’s career is short. There would be plenty of clubs and their fans who would have loved him to join them. Why stay somewhere for all the grief?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    If I felt I wasn’t wanted or respected yes I would.There is more to life than money.He will have earns multi millions anyway.
    As for another club that’s a pretty daft question. He could have gone anywhere from the PL to China and earnt plenty.
    I ask again where?the Chinese bubble has burst after government intervention about money leaving the country so that a no go.
    So he goes to man utd or Chelsea (don't think he's a Pep player)
    Gets injured like he has and doesn't play much and you think the club/fans will be ok with that?
    They would give him grief just like madrid.
    I love how you think that you know what's best for Bale BTW
    I wonder how you would react if someone told you that you should change jobs.
    Would you take any notice of them?

I ask again where?the Chinese bubble has burst after government intervention about money leaving the country so that a no go.
    So he goes to man utd or Chelsea (don't think he's a Pep player)
    Gets injured like he has and doesn't play much and you think the club/fans will be ok with that?
    They would give him grief just like madrid.
    I love how you think that you know what's best for Bale BTW
    I wonder how you would react if someone told you that you should change jobs.
    Would you take any notice of them?
    Jeez stop being so literal. I have not said I know what’s best for Bale but I am allowed a view. It’s a messageboard FFS.
    As I say he could have gone to China and was on the verge of doing so two years ago.
    He could have re-signed for Spurs where he is still loved. There are plenty of other clubs in Europe he could have gone to.

How do you this hasn’t affected him? He has talked about mental health today and how the press can cause serious damage with the way they write about people. He is right to say so too. He has been treated shoddily by the press and many Madrid fans. A player’s career is short. There would be plenty of clubs and their fans who would have loved him to join them. Why stay somewhere for all the grief?
    So why hasn't he moved then?
    Plenty of clubs can't afford him.
    His options are limited?
    Would any top notch champions league club pay anywhere near his wages with his injury history?
    It's easy to say things but a lot harder to get them done?

Jeez stop being so literal. I have not said I know what’s best for Bale but I am allowed a view. It’s a messageboard FFS.
    As I say he could have gone to China and was on the verge of doing so two years ago.
    He could have re-signed for Spurs where he is still loved.
    They can't afford him.
    Madrid payed most of his wages last year.
    They don't pay massive wages at spurs in case you didn't know.
    When did they sign anyone who was in Bales wage bracket?

So why hasn't he moved then?
    Plenty of clubs can't afford him.
    His options are limited?
    Would any top notch champions league club pay anywhere near his wages with his injury history?
    It's easy to say things but a lot harder to get them done?
    He was on the verge of moving to China. He went to Spurs on loan last season. Perhaps he didn’t want to take a pay cut to move anywhere permanently. I just think it’s a shame he hasn’t been playing a lot more in the past three or four years. I want to see the man winning more trophies and performing on the pitch rather than sitting on the bench. We won’t have him playing football for much longer.

They can't afford him.
    Do research before you make statements.
    He was off to China then Real pulled the plug on the deal.
    They stopped him going now they regret it.
    Not his fault and now they are still paying his wages.
    Of course you can have a view but you don't seem to grasp that Bale makes his own decisions and does not share your views.

They can't afford him.
    It would need willing on the part of Spurs, Madrid and Bale to have reached a deal. Compromise from all three parties. Perhaps Bale wasn’t willing to take a pay cut.

Do research before you make statements.
    He was off to China then Real pulled the plug on the deal.
    They stopped him going now they regret it.
    Not his fault and now they are still paying his wages.
    Of course you can have a view but you don't seem to grasp that Bale makes his own decisions and does not share your views.

Don’t lecture me. I know Madrid pulled the plug on the deal at the last moment. As I say I think it’s a shame Bale has spent so little time playing club football over the past three or four years. He may be fine with that but I think it’s a waste of a great player. Let’s leave it at that.

It would need willing on the part of Spurs, Madrid and Bale to have reached a deal. Compromise from all three parties. Perhaps Bale wasn’t willing to take a pay cut.
    That's my point.
    It's not always as easy as to say he should have moved.
    Lot more things to factor in.
    Looks like Bale thought it wasn't right for him to move and I for one respect his decision to do what he thinks is best for himself.

Real and the Spanish media always remind me of WWF wrestling. They absolutely love the drama and would quickly get bored without it. Wouldn't be surprised if his team are involved in half the stories they publish as the publicity is usually good for both sides in the end.

Don’t lecture me. I know Madrid pulled the plug on the deal at the last moment. As I say I think it’s a shame Bale has spent so little time playing club football over the past three or four years. He may be fine with that but I think it’s a waste of a great player. Let’s leave it at that.
    Not lecturing at all just pointing out why he didn't go to China because if you knew then why bring up China?
    Very strange point you made with that one.
    Stop being so precious
    He could have moved and played no more football than he has at Real.
    No guarantees if he did move.
    Because of his age and the stress he has put his body through he will pick up injuries.
    Real will have the best medical staff going so I'm not sure he would have been injury free if he had moved.
    This is my view on it and I'm also allowed to give the reasons why I think he had every right to stay in Spain.
    I'm quite happy to have debated this topic with you and don't mind the fact we differ but you seem to take it personal that we don't.

Not lecturing at all just pointing out why he didn't go to China because if you knew then why bring up China?
    Very strange point you made with that one.
    Stop being so precious
    He could have moved and played no more football than he has at Real.
    No guarantees if he did move.
    Because of his age and the stress he has put his body through he will pick up injuries.
    Real will have the best medical staff going so I'm not sure he would have been injury free if he had moved.
    This is my view on it and I'm also allowed to give the reasons why I think he had every right to stay in Spain.
    I'm quite happy to have debated this topic with you and don't mind the fact we differ but you seem to take it personal that we don't.

You really are hard work. I bought China up as you were asking about where he could move to so I obviously mentioned China as clearly this was a League who wanted to sign him up.

I thought that was a pretty obvious point and yes I will take it personally when you somewhat cluelessly told me to do some research when I knew Madrid had pulled the plug on the China deal.

It’s the fault of the last 2 managers not picking him. He’s clearly liked by the players, Alaba only joined this season and they embraced eachother after the game.

He should walk into that Madrid team.

You really are hard work. I bought China up as you were asking about where he could move to so I obviously mentioned China as clearly this was a League who wanted to sign him up.

I thought that was a pretty obvious point and yes I will take it personally when you somewhat cluelessly told me to do some research when I knew Madrid had pulled the plug on the China deal.
    I'm hard work 😃
    So how could he have moved to China if they stopped him going there?
    They wanted him
    Bale wanted to go
    Real stopped the move.
    How does your point make any sense with that one?

I'm hard work ��
    So how could he have moved to China if they stopped him going there?
    They wanted him
    Bale wanted to go
    Real stopped the move.
    How does your point make any sense with that one?
    Yes they stopped the move on that occasion. It doesn’t mean they would do so if the opportunity arose again. I suspect they regret pulling the plug on the deal.

Yes they stopped the move on that occasion. It doesn’t mean they would do so if the opportunity arose again. I suspect they regret pulling the plug on the deal.
    So do I think they regret it.
    Unfortunately for them that chance has gone as I said previously the China Market is no longer the gravy train as the government put a stop to it.
    Most of the players who went there came back after their contracts ran out because the wages were no longer there.
    The point is that it's not always a simple manner of saying he should move.
    It's way more complicated than that.

So do I think they regret it.
    Unfortunately for them that chance has gone as I said previously the China Market is no longer the gravy train as the government put a stop to it.
    Most of the players who went there came back after their contracts ran out because the wages were no longer there.
    The point is that it's not always a simple manner of saying he should move.
    It's way more complicated than that.
    On that I can agree. Part of the problem was not only the size of the contract but the length of it too and that was down to Madrid’s stupidity.
    As I say and will do so for a final time I would much rather see Bale playing than stuck on the bench. I remember in the early stages of his Madrid career that wonderful goal in the Spanish Cup Final where he was forced off the pitch but still managed to keep hold of the ball and went on to score. I played it back many times. It was great to see. Seeing him on the bench for so much of the past four years is such a waste.

On that I can agree. Part of the problem was not only the size of the contract but the length of it too and that was down to Madrid’s stupidity.
    As I say and will do so for a final time I would much rather see Bale playing than stuck on the bench. I remember in the early stages of his Madrid career that wonderful goal in the Spanish Cup Final where he was forced off the pitch but still managed to keep hold of the ball and went on to score. I played it back many times. It was great to see. Seeing him on the bench for so much of the past four years is such a waste.
    Brilliant goal that one but that was a younger fitter Bale.
    I hope he does find a club in the summer and plays more but I can understand why he dug his heels in and stayed
    Some of said that he doesn't need the money which is true but you can see he loves his family and is doing what he can to see that his kids grandkids and great grandkids are set for life.

We ( myself and my fellow football coach ) were discussing this on the drive to training tonight, Bale shouldnt ( and doesn't ) need to prove anything to RM ( because he has done it all in the past ) he wasn't treated well after the China transfer feel through and it was made clear to him that he wasn't wanted by RM, since then Bale hasnt covered himself in glory with the way he has acted, but lets be honest, who can blame him, told he has no future at the club, why wouldn't you play the game and see your contract out while playing golf and loving every moment with your mates playing for your country, over 1/2 mill a week in wages, yes of course he can afford to tear the contract up and I was all for that a year ago, but now its in the final year, he might aswell stay fit to play for Wales and watch them 1/2 mill's roll in every week

I remember in the early stages of his Madrid career that wonderful goal in the Spanish Cup Final where he was forced off the pitch but still managed to keep hold of the ball and went on to score. I played it back many times.
    Discussed In he car tonight, that in my fellow coaches top 10 goals of all time

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Discussed In he car tonight, that in my fellow coaches top 10 goals of all time

Peak Bale, He made it look easy too.

Apart from his bank balance.
    Not his fault they gave hima massi e contract then decided they wanted him out.
    The way they have been trying to drive him out has been disgraceful.
    The guy has won trophy after trophy for them including match winning champions league winners and he's called a parasite?
    They should be ashamed of themselves.
    If Bale was Spanish do you think they would be this harsh on him?
    No
    They think he should not give a sh#t because he plays for poor little Wales.
    You never know he might have scored goals for them this year if they actually picked him.
    Spot on 👍

And?
    Does anybody in football walk away from a
    massive contract?
    If so give me an example?
    No they never do, be nice if as such a unique player he turned around and said f you, I don’t need this sh*t anymore or your ridiculous weekly wage. I like the alternative he is doing mind, keep sucking them dry where it hurts….they want him to walk dont they?

My attitude is similar to Bales. F*ck Real Madrid, their fans and their poisonous Media.
    They always pandered to Golden boy Ronaldo anyway.They have had a diamond and treated it like a rock.
    If we get to the WC finals, and it turns out to be his swan song, then so be it.
    I regard him in the same way as i did Maradona. Not ability wise, but someone who was so passionate about playing for their country, and sometimes single handedly drove the team on, but was never ever conceited about it.