+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Only three home games left this season

Only three home games left this season

The end is nigh, the countdown to the end of the campaign has crept up on us and we have just 8 games left to play, 3 at home.

Funny old season - promising start, total slump, recovery and the last 12 games promotion form.

Interesting times ahead.

Re: Only three home games left this season

Let's be honest , at one point , even after morison was appointed , we looked like a sinking ship , leaking water

I thought we were doomed

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Let's be honest , at one point , even after morison was appointed , we looked like a sinking ship , leaking water

I thought we were doomed
    I think that's just a general negativity about being a City fan. I don't recall us ever being one of the 3 favourites to go down with any of the bookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think that's just a general negativity about being a City fan. I don't recall us ever being one of the 3 favourites to go down with any of the bookies.
    The table didn't lie

We were flirting with danger for quite some time

The table didn't lie

We were flirting with danger for quite some time
    We were 1 point clear of the bottom 3 on November 3. By the end of the month we were 5 points clear. I don't recall teams being relegated in November. By mid Jan, after a tough run of fixtures, we were still 4 points clear after 2 points from 6 games. It was clear that the sides below us were worse than us and bookies didn't consider us big relegation candidates, as we soon proved by beating Barnsley and Peterborough.

You might have thought we were flirting with danger. I just thought we weren't shit enough to go down.

We were 1 point clear of the bottom 3 on November 3. By the end of the month we were 5 points clear. I don't recall teams being relegated in November. By mid Jan, after a tough run of fixtures, we were still 4 points clear after 2 points from 6 games. It was clear that the sides below us were worse than us and bookies didn't consider us big relegation candidates, as we soon proved by beating Barnsley and Peterborough.

You might have thought we were flirting with danger. I just thought we weren't shit enough to go down.
    I don't recall teams being relegated in November either

But even before then your posts on here were that of a man who was worried about us going down

You can deny that but it's true 👍

I don't recall teams being relegated in November either

But even before then your posts on here were that of a man who was worried about us going down

You can deny that but it's true 👍
    I can't ever recall being worried about relegation, only because I knew there were worse teams than us down there. I remember posting many a stat looking at how our form was usually only replicated when we had gone down, but that wasn't in any way me being fearful of the drop.

I can't ever recall being worried about relegation, only because I knew there were worse teams than us down there. I remember posting many a stat looking at how our form was usually only replicated when we had gone down, but that wasn't in any way me being fearful of the drop.
    Course , you were just hedging your bets

How many times have we seen that teams are to good to go down.

If MM had stayed we would have gone down.

Conceding 3+ goals a game and couldn't score. The worst losing streak in our history and an incredibly Unbalanced squad, i.e. no pace, no wingers, no creativity.

I did think we were going down unless something changed

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    How many times have we seen that teams are to good to go down.
    We could easily have dropped this season . It wasn't until we beat Barnsley and got that 9 point buffer that most of us thought that's safety .

There's always a few that will say we were always going to be OK but I think they are being disingenuous

Will be glad when it's done. Most of the season has felt like limbo, waiting to start (relatively) afresh. Where are we going for pre-season? First friendly could be at the end of June.

I thought we were doomed
    I never thought we were doomed. Turns out I was right.

the point deductions helped us though...

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Or me. As bad as qe got at one point there were always 3 or more teams performing even shitter than us, as Eric pointed out even when we didn't pick up a lot of points the teams below us never took advantage of it.

Some fans just can't help being negative and will find one in even the most positive situation, because they remember us when we had 2 fans and the bob bank smelled of stale piss.

Quote Originally Posted by lazbian View Post
    the point deductions helped us though...
    Derby are 21 points behind us having played a game more. They were deducted 21 points..

We'd still be 7 points ahead of reading if you gave them back their 6 point deduction as well.

Not really following your thinking here.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    A thought cannot be a final conclusion or a statement of fact

It's a portent essentially if applied to this situation

Your feelings or opinions about a future event are not proven to be true by the event not happening

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Or me. As bad as qe got at one point there were always 3 or more teams performing even shitter than us, as Eric pointed out even when we didn't pick up a lot of points the teams below us never took advantage of it.

Some fans just can't help being negative and will find one in even the most positive situation, because they remember us when we had 2 fans and the bob bank smelled of stale piss.
    Well since we came back to the championship to perform at this level for the first time in 17 years I can't think of another Cardiff City team that looked in so much trouble as this one .

Can you ?

We were shit enough to go down when we lost eight in a row and picked up one point from ten games.

Fortunately, we have improved quite a lot since then.

Make no mistake if we had carried on with Mick McCarthys dross we would have gone down.
    I've never seen such shit served up as football 5 centre backs and keep lumping long aimless balls up front.
    We've stayed up because the manager, style of football and formation has changed. If that hadn't have happened I'm confident we were doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Make no mistake if we had carried on with Mick McCarthys dross we would have gone down.
    I've never seen such shit served up as football 5 centre backs and keep lumping long aimless balls up front.
    We've stayed up because the manager, style of football and formation has changed. If that hadn't have happened I'm confident we were doomed.
    I agree but even after he was binned there were still times when we looked like we were going down

And there were plenty of people calling for morison to go as well

We were in a right mess

Thank feck it turned out OK

I agree but even after he was binned there were still times when we looked like we were going down

And there were plenty of people calling for morison to go as well

We were in a right mess

Thank feck it turned out OK
    Any turn around was always going to take time.
    One things for if we didn't change it then a turn around was nye on impossible in my book.

Well since we came back to the championship to perform at this level for the first time in 17 years I can't think of another Cardiff City team that looked in so much trouble as this one .

Can you ?
    The one under OGS/Trollope?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The one under OGS/Trollope?
    Ogs/Gabs/Young we were awful weren't we? Trollope came later, my mistake.