+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Painter and Decorator

Painter and Decorator

Bit of a c*ck up by me, but I'm looking for a painter and decorator for about a week's work asap. There are probably a hundred or so around Cardiff but I could probably spend a day on the phone trying to find one that can work at short notice. My question is this - apart from the likes of Gumtree [!], where would a painter & decorator advertise short term when he's looking for work ? Is there a facebook page or something ?

Re: Painter and Decorator

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Bit of a c*ck up by me, but I'm looking for a painter and decorator for about a week's work asap. There are probably a hundred or so around Cardiff but I could probably spend a day on the phone trying to find one that can work at short notice. My question is this - apart from the likes of Gumtree [!], where would a painter & decorator advertise short term when he's looking for work ? Is there a facebook page or something ?
    Pop into Gardners on Crwys rd they will recommend a few to you…..is it local in Cardiff?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Pop into Gardners on Crwys rd they will recommend a few to you…..is it local in Cardiff?
    Yes, North Cardiff. Think it's now Rabarts.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I use Rated People , put the job you want done on their website describing what needs to be done and they will find a trade person who fits your job.
    The trades on there have to be good as they pay a small fee to ask to see jobs on offer.
    You can also read any feedback on that particular person who has completed jobs for other people so it is in their own interest to be reliable and competent.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmarksplott View Post
    I use Rated People , put the job you want done on their website describing what needs to be done and they will find a trade person who fits your job.
    The trades on there have to be good as they pay a small fee to ask to see jobs on offer.
    You can also read any feedback on that particular person who has completed jobs for other people so it is in their own interest to be reliable and competent.
    Seen the website but never tried it, but will give it go. thanks.

The painter & decorator we use, is booked up for about 6 months.

If anyone can come straight away, they can’t be very good, otherwise they would be busy.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The painter & decorator we use, is booked up for about 6 months.

If anyone can come straight away, they can’t be very good, otherwise they would be busy.
    That logic applies to most trades also….