+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Yma O Hyd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    You have no idea how many people use the language
    It's just ignorance on your part
    You don't speak the language so you won't come into contact with it and think it's not worthwhile.
    I hear it spoken nearly every day
    I use it in my job with welsh speakers
    My daughter used to work in Cardiff and was the designated welsh speaker with customers who wanted to deal in the language.
    She would have welsh speakers coming up to hear all the time and was as natural as speaking in English

You say you would prefer to go walking or fishing which is mainly things you do on your own so it's not surprising you don't come across it.
    The thing is that I can bump into more welsh speakers than anglers whenever I go out but I don't think that lakes and fisheries should be closed down because I don't fish and nobody i now does either.
    Fishing , Football , Curry

Just interests

Public money generally isn't spent on that

But S4C which has dreadful viewing figures is subsidised and council forms are sent out to people in Welsh and English and its utterly pointless . And a waste of money .

Re: Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Fishing , Football , Curry

Just interests

Public money generally isn't spent on that

But S4C which has dreadful viewing figures is subsidised and council forms are sent out to people in Welsh and English and its utterly pointless . And a waste of money .
    public money is spent on things that matter to the majority. Most Welsh people who don't speak the language still want it to thrive.