Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
Yep

You also phone up the doctors locally and you have 3 minutes of a recorded message in Welsh then English

It's ridiculous
I tell you what is ridiculous, denying Welsh speakers the opportunity to use Welsh.

The Welsh language has been on its arse in recent decades because, in part, people have been denied the opportunity to use the language. We now have an act giving Welsh equal prominence with English. It ensures anyone who wants to be able to use the medium of Welsh to communicate with publicly funded organisations are able to do so as a fundamental right. You want to remove that right from Welsh speakers. What effect will that have on the language? Not a positive one. A language dies a word at a time.

You clearly don't agree with Welsh speakers having this right - it's a waste of money.

Funnily enough, about 10 years ago I used to have the same opinion as you. I have radically changed my mind on the subject. My wife speaks Welsh. She chooses to communicate with our council in Welsh. I would never deny her that opportunity. I have Welsh speaking friends who do the same.