+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Seven decades of Cardiff City v Swansea City matches.

Seven decades of Cardiff City v Swansea City matches.

Re: Seven decades of Cardiff City v Swansea City matches.

80s Glan Letheren (rather than Letheran I think although there seem to be two spellings of his name).

A question for you here. Lewis Baker scored his second goal at the CCS recently, in what competition did he score his first and can you name three of his team mates that night?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    80s Glan Letheren (rather than Letheran I think although there seem to be two spellings of his name).

A question for you here. Lewis Baker scored his second goal at the CCS recently, in what competition did he score his first and can you name three of his team mates that night?
    I’d guess Chelsea in the Youth Cup when Ole was so impressed by Tom James. As for team mates, again a guess, but someone like Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi would be around the right age, Mount is probably too young, Abraham?

90's Aidan Newhouse

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    90's Aidan Newhouse
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’d guess Chelsea in the Youth Cup when Ole was so impressed by Tom James. As for team mates, again a guess, but someone like Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi would be around the right age, Mount is probably too young, Abraham?
    Not the Youth Cup, no. Abraham was on the bench for that though, Solanke scored in a 2-0 win.

Baker scored in a 4-0 win in the Premier League under-21 Cup later the same season. Loftus-Cheek was there, Ake and Jon Swift too. Christensen was brought on in the second half, to help deal with the threat of Velikonja presumably.

00s nick cusack

10s Mike Van Der hoorn

20s - I looked it up

20s - No idea on the first one but is the second Joel Latibeaudiere? (however it's spelt)

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    00s nick cusack
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    10s Mike Van Der hoorn
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    20s - No idea on the first one but is the second Joel Latibeaudiere? (however it's spelt)
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Not the Youth Cup, no. Abraham was on the bench for that though, Solanke scored in a 2-0 win.

Baker scored in a 4-0 win in the Premier League under-21 Cup later the same season. Loftus-Cheek was there, Ake and Jon Swift too. Christensen was brought on in the second half, to help deal with the threat of Velikonja presumably.
    I looked up the Youth Cup match on the blog and saw Brown didn’t score (Solanke did though) and it made reference to that game - I said that the 4-0 game was closer in many ways because we could have scored a few ourselves, whereas we barely had a shot in the Youth Cup game. I can remember Ake playing down here for a Chelsea game now, but I’d forgotten all about the Under 21 Cup!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I looked up the Youth Cup match on the blog and saw Brown didn’t score (Solanke did though) and it made reference to that game - I said that the 4-0 game was closer in many ways because we could have scored a few ourselves, whereas we barely had a shot in the Youth Cup game. I can remember Ake playing down here for a Chelsea game now, but I’d forgotten all about the Under 21 Cup!
    It didn't quite catch on like the Champion's League, I don't remember a cup at that level last time we were in the Prem. I'm sure Warnock would've made it a priority if there was.

Micky Conway for the 70s.

60s Keith Todd