+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Oscars Punch Up

Re: Oscars Punch Up

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    But all the other jokes he laughed at were fine but when its about him its off limits, is that right?
    I've argued from this angle in the past when having a discussion on jokes and what's funny. I get what you are saying.

But it's up to him if that joke offended him people are free to laugh at what they find funny, and they can be offended at things that don't offend other people also.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    So you are both advocating violence if you don't like what someone has to say ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I agree that actions have consequences.

I don't agree with violence no, but at the time Smith did, Chris Rock only said it because he felt safe on stage, I agreed eith that point as well

Although this is pointless as it all seems to look staged.

I agree that actions have consequences.

I don't agree with violence no, but at the time Smith did, Chris Rock only said it because he felt safe on stage, I agreed eith that point as well

Although this is pointless as it all seems to look staged.
    It does look a bit staged , but what is to be gained from it?
    No one comes out of it well . Will Smith looks like a cock in my opinion.
    It certainly isn't funny.
    Have you seen Gervais in that other awards ceremony, they audience should all be storming the stage ....

Rock was foolish but Smith just looked like a bit of a thug.

It clearly wasnt staged.

Smith shouting and swearing after his slap and the look on his face is enough to show that.

It does look a bit staged , but what is to be gained from it?
    No one comes out of it well . Will Smith looks like a cock in my opinion.
    It certainly isn't funny.
    Have you seen Gervais in that other awards ceremony, they audience should all be storming the stage ....
    I do recall seeing Gervais yes, clips did circulate at the time! I'll have a look on the way to work in a bit..

They both look like cocks. I grew up with Will Smith on TV so I've always quite liked him as well..shame.

People tend to contradict themselves when it comes to himour, getting all steamed up about something specific that offends them but then laughing at all manner of other offensive jokes.

Just get on with it

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    It clearly wasnt staged.

Smith shouting and swearing after his slap and the look on his face is enough to show that.
    An actor using his actual skill. Id never..

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    it wasn't a punch, it was a slap

personally, I say good on him, Chris rock made a cheap shot for a cheap laugh ( which is expected with Chris rock ) at Will's wife, She took offence to it / was upset by it ( and why shouldn't she, alopecia can be a pretty big thing for people, imho especially women who want to look good with a nice "hair do") Will saw that and dealt with it

I guess Chris rock thought he was pretty safe making the cheap joke on stage at the Oscar's, he wasn't and it had a consequence

Well done Will
    I agree. Why did he think this was funny. The guy deserved a harder retaliation.

I think there’s room in this world for a good old smack in the mouth...it certainly got my attention when I was over stepping the mark.
    I know I would stand up for my wife if I thought someone was digging her out.

Isn't that what you were doing on here when you were trying to arrange a meet up with croesyblue ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    he thought so, yes
    So did you based on your comment.

I've argued from this angle in the past when having a discussion on jokes and what's funny. I get what you are saying.

But it's up to him if that joke offended him people are free to laugh at what they find funny, and they can be offended at things that don't offend other people also.
    Disagree in this context. I find people offensive or unfunny, i don't go to their shows. He was clearly laughing at other people expenses prior to taking offence, sorry you don't get to decided. All or nothing

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Isn't that what you were doing on here when you were trying to arrange a meet up with croesyblue ?
    Never said I would use violence, I will never use violence again . I would certainly engage verbally face to face with anyone who I felt was hiding behind their keyboard.
    Why would you think it ok to use that as an example?

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I think there’s room in this world for a good old smack in the mouth...it certainly got my attention when I was over stepping the mark.
    I know I would stand up for my wife if I thought someone was digging her out.
    He was making a joke . Not a great joke perhaps , but was he digging her out ?
    Roasting each other seems to be the new "funny" in American humour .

Never said I would use violence, I will never use violence again . I would certainly engage verbally face to face with anyone who I felt was hiding behind their keyboard.
    Why would you think it ok to use that as an example?
    Well you are saying that violence is not acceptable and I mostly agree with you on that . Certainly in will smiths case I think he has behaved like an idiot .

But you know and I know that people can get very forthright on the internet and the reason why I have brought this situation up is that I really think that you and another poster were squaring up to each other and I think verbal violence so quickly leads to physical violence , I think you have got to stay away from all of it .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAOoF2gyQaA

Have a listen and get your your baseball bats out .

Well you are saying that violence is not acceptable and I mostly agree with you on that . Certainly in will smiths case I think he has behaved like an idiot .

But you know and I know that people can get very forthright on the internet and the reason why I have brought this situation up is that I really think that you and another poster were squaring up to each other and I think verbal violence so quickly leads to physical violence , I think you have got to stay away from all of it .
    Brave people don't use their keyboards as shields . Like quite a few on here I am not a masked poster .....
    Verbal violence can only lead to physical violence to those that don't know how to control themselves.

Hopefully we will get non PC Ricky back next year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAOoF2gyQaA

Have a listen and get your your baseball bats out .
    And this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ampk-nAx54

Brave people don't use their keyboards as shields . Like quite a few on here I am not a masked poster .....
    Verbal violence can only lead to physical violence to those that don't know how to control themselves.
    What do you mean you are not a masked poster?

I am almost certain that if you met up with someone after a confrontation on here it would end up with either them or you using violence

It's inevitable

What do you mean you are not a masked poster?

I am almost certain that if you met up with someone after a confrontation on here it would end up with either them or you using violence

It's inevitable
    Only for the really stupid amongst us ....... Sludge......

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    It clearly wasnt staged.

Agree. Why would Smith agree to do that on the night he's up for best actor? There's a room full of famous people, they could just get someone else to do it.

If you step back, it makes no sense.

As for the slap, yes it looks a bit weak and not entirely real. Perhaps Smith's heart wasn't in it.

If someone took the piss out of my wife publicly and in such a personal way I'd do more than slap them.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Disagree in this context. I find people offensive or unfunny, i don't go to their shows. He was clearly laughing at other people expenses prior to taking offence, sorry you don't get to decided. All or nothing
    Well I clearly do get to decide, because I already have, haven't I!