+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Oscars Punch Up

Re: Oscars Punch Up

I doubt Chris Rock would have made a joke about deafness, so shouldn't have made a joke about alopecia either, especiallyone directed at a particular individual. Doubt he would have gotten round to presenting an award if he had.
    Should Will Smith have reacted as he did - of course not, but part of me thinks it was understandable. There are better ways to react.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Smith also thinks he reacted wrongly, and gave a long apology today.
    Probably because he wants his award

Doesn't want to get cancelled and lose millions.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Probably because he wants his award

Doesn't want to get cancelled and lose millions.
    Harvey Weinstein's still got his, I think Will Smith's award is safe

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Harvey Weinstein's still got his, I think Will Smith's award is safe
    Thank god for that.

I think all Smith had to do was stand up and shout "shame on you Chris for such a *ing crass remark" (*insert suitable noun here) and most of the people there, including the comedian, would have got the message.

I can't believe this topic has reached 6 pages already!

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    it wasn't a punch, it was a slap

personally, I say good on him, Chris rock made a cheap shot for a cheap laugh ( which is expected with Chris rock ) at Will's wife, She took offence to it / was upset by it ( and why shouldn't she, alopecia can be a pretty big thing for people, imho especially women who want to look good with a nice "hair do") Will saw that and dealt with it

I guess Chris rock thought he was pretty safe making the cheap joke on stage at the Oscar's, he wasn't and it had a consequence

Well done Will
    she's going bald. There's not a man on the plant who is follically challenged that would take offence at any sort of baldy joke. Will Smith over-reacted. I wonder if he is now on his way back to Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    she's going bald. There's not a man on the plant who is follically challenged that would take offence at any sort of baldy joke. Will Smith over-reacted. I wonder if he is now on his way back to Philly.
    Perhaps his overreaction was downbti the fragile recently history between him and his wife. They've had their problems..well she's enjoyed herself while he's had the problem..so perhaps now they may he back on track he's a little sensitive with comments aimed at his beloved wife..

I'm just a poster on ccmb, bot one of the panel of experts sorry so I don't really know.

Wonder how people feel about Anthony Joshua saying he should have closed his fist (more damage)

The ccmb flower power brigade must be seething reading that, but not too angry you understand, as that's not how they advocate people feel #bekind

Perhaps his overreaction was downbti the fragile recently history between him and his wife. They've had their problems..well she's enjoyed herself while he's had the problem..so perhaps now they may he back on track he's a little sensitive with comments aimed at his beloved wife..

I'm just a poster on ccmb, bot one of the panel of experts sorry so I don't really know.
    Boom...We have a winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Boom...We have a winner!

Wonder how people feel about Anthony Joshua saying he should have closed his fist (more damage)

The ccmb flower power brigade must be seething reading that, but not too angry you understand, as that's not how they advocate people feel #bekind
    Wasn't he the one that advocated black people should only deal with black people recently?

So there are two people who think Will Smith did the right thing?

I think he may have to retract that statement .

ooh good, we haven't had a new brigade in ages

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I doubt Chris Rock would have made a joke about deafness, so shouldn't have made a joke about alopecia either, especiallyone directed at a particular individual. Doubt he would have gotten round to presenting an award if he had.
    Should Will Smith have reacted as he did - of course not, but part of me thinks it was understandable. There are better ways to react.
    Tommy Tiernan told an excellent joke about the blind, afterwards he was congratulated by the blind person and society for the blind as they want to feel fully inclusive in everything.

Jeez. How would he have handled Ricky Gervais?

Remember how Don Rickles would ask some guy in the front row if that woman next to him was his wife? After being told she was, he would turn away with an appalled look on his face that said, "Thank God I'm not you."

People loved it. They would buy front-row seats in the hope of being blessed with a Rickles insult that they could talk about the rest of their lives. Celebs loved it, too, and he was by no means afraid to plunge the dagger.

For all that, Rickles (RIP) must be among the top five most beloved American comedians.

How did he do it?

Maybe Chris Rock could study him a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Tommy Tiernan told an excellent joke about the blind, afterwards he was congratulated by the blind person and society for the blind as they want to feel fully inclusive in everything.
    Was it as good as the blind joke on the Vicar of Dibley?

Alan Davies (the QI Alan Davies) made an interesting observation this morning. He felt that the joke wasn't meant as a reference to alopecia per se, but that Chris Rock made the quick reference to GI Jane solely based on seeing a woman with a shaved head and wearing a green outfit. Not sure I buy it myself, or if Chris Rock has mentioned that that's what he did mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I can't believe this topic has reached 6 pages already!
    To quote someone on Twitter earlier:

"My thoughts on the Oscar Slap incident are that it's 70 degrees in Antarctica and what's left of the livable [sic] ecosystem is being destroyed and so we should focus on that."

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Was it as good as the blind joke on the Vicar of Dibley?

Alan Davies (the QI Alan Davies) made an interesting observation this morning. He felt that the joke wasn't meant as a reference to alopecia per se, but that Chris Rock made the quick reference to GI Jane solely based on seeing a woman with a shaved head and wearing a green outfit. Not sure I buy it myself, or if Chris Rock has mentioned that that's what he did mind?
    Apparently Chris Rock didn't know she had alopecia. To be fair there's every chance he didn't - my cousin's got alopecia and he's completely hairless, no eyebrows, nothing. Jada Pinkett Smith's head looks like she's just shaved it

https://metro.co.uk/2022/03/29/oscar...ecia-16362361/

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Holt View Post

"My thoughts on the Oscar Slap incident are that it's 70 degrees in Antarctica and what's left of the livable [sic] ecosystem is being destroyed and so we should focus on that."
    You could apply this virtue signalling whattaboutery nonsense to literally anything.... "my attitude towards the Cardiff Swansea game on Saturday is that people are dying in the Ukraine" for example

Of course those things are a million times more important and we should focus on them but that doesn't mean people aren't allowed to chat about trivial things as well

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Holt View Post

Yep, best to cancel tonight's game, those floodlights use a lot of electricity.

Yep, best to cancel tonight's game, those floodlights use a lot of electricity.
    Let's not worry about anything that bothers us personally in that case.

Let's not worry about anything that bothers us personally in that case.
    Good idea, I'm just about to pop a synthetic meat burger under the grill, and then settle down in front of the TV for tonight's game

Good idea, I'm just about to pop a synthetic meat burger under the grill, and then settle down in front of the TV for tonight's game
    Lardy hasn't asked his missus permission yet.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You could apply this virtue signalling whattaboutery nonsense to literally anything.... "my attitude towards the Cardiff Swansea game on Saturday is that people are dying in the Ukraine" for example

Of course those things are a million times more important and we should focus on them but that doesn't mean people aren't allowed to chat about trivial things as well