+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Oscars Punch Up

Oscars Punch Up

I just watched the clip and it looked like either Will Smith's punch didn't connect or it was powder puff. Chris Rock moved his head but it looked like it didn't affect him; he didn't even move his hand to his chin. The sobbing cameo by Smith afterwards was junk. What a load of baloney.

Re: Oscars Punch Up

so you're saying you'd have preferred the Oscars to be more violent?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    No, I just thought it was a joke

Rock made an offensive 'joke' about Smith's wife's shaved head - which was in fact due to alopecia.
    Rock deserved to be punched.
    But Smith didn't do the punch justice.

As an aside, how the hell did Will Smith win best actor?

He's been overrated all his career.

It was more of a slap than a punch but there was definite contact.
    An awful attempt at a joke by Chris Rock, but probably the wrong reaction from Will Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Rock made an offensive 'joke' about Smith's wife's shaved head - which was in fact due to alopecia.

Deserved to be punched? Just for telling a joke?

Smith could have got away with it being banter as it was a soft one, and put it down to banter. But his angry yelling after shows he meant it. He comes out of it far worse than Rock, and now his dream of finally winning best actor is forever tainted.

if it was the rock rather than Chris rock making the joke I'm guessing his reaction might have been different.

if it was the rock rather than Chris rock making the joke I'm guessing his reaction might have been different.

Apparently, the camera showed Will Smith laughing at the joke when it was told - I had some sympathy for what he did until I heard that and I don’t think either of them come out of it well.

ohhh come on now..he was amazing in the bellend of fresh prince air

How the hell did he win best actor?? More like how the hell did he play the part of Muhammad Ali after that poor shot!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Apparently, the camera showed Will Smith laughing at the joke when it was told - I had some sympathy for what he did until I heard that and I don’t think either of them come out of it well.
    Laughing at it initially doesnt mean anything.

People being ridiculed for fun in front of people with people around them laughing often react themselves with laughter be it nerves or embarrassment.

A joke with a decent punchline perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Laughing at it initially doesnt mean anything.

People being ridiculed for fun in front of people with people around them laughing often react themselves with laughter be it nerves or embarrassment.
    Also maybe he thought it was funny until he looked at his wife and saw she was upset by it

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A joke with a decent punchline perhaps.
    GI Jane could have punched better than that.

I suppose Will Smith will have to do an extra Scientology audit to get rid of some of those nasty thetans lurking around.

Had to be staged that. Rock didn’t even flinch.

This board cracks me up at times

it wasn't a punch, it was a slap

personally, I say good on him, Chris rock made a cheap shot for a cheap laugh ( which is expected with Chris rock ) at Will's wife, She took offence to it / was upset by it ( and why shouldn't she, alopecia can be a pretty big thing for people, imho especially women who want to look good with a nice "hair do") Will saw that and dealt with it

I guess Chris rock thought he was pretty safe making the cheap joke on stage at the Oscar's, he wasn't and it had a consequence

Well done Will

Shame Smith didn’t show this much passion for his wife when she was bending over for their sons friend.

Overated cuck

I've not watched the Oscars for a long time so not sure on the level of comedy usually but I know some of these similar events often have skneibe ripping the piss out of people.

It's ok for the Smith's to not find it funny but ridiculous to walk on stage and slap him or whatever.

I'm not convinced it was entirely real, just can't think for what purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

I guess Chris rock thought he was pretty safe making the cheap joke on stage at the Oscar's, he wasn't and it had a consequence

Well done Will

Oh yes , instead of votes whoever slaps the best win the Oscar the viewing figures would be of the scale.

I never watch this false egotistical event, but would if it had more violence .

PS Mr Rock has past form with Mrs Smith

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    it wasn't a punch, it was a slap

personally, I say good on him, Chris rock made a cheap shot for a cheap laugh ( which is expected with Chris rock ) at Will's wife, She took offence to it / was upset by it ( and why shouldn't she, alopecia can be a pretty big thing for people, imho especially women who want to look good with a nice "hair do") Will saw that and dealt with it

Well done Will
    But all the other jokes he laughed at were fine but when its about him its off limits, is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    But all the other jokes he laughed at were fine but when its about him its off limits, is that right?
    he thought so, yes