+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Oscars Punch Up

Re: Oscars Punch Up

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Brave people don't use their keyboards as shields . Like quite a few on here I am not a masked poster .....
    Verbal violence can only lead to physical violence to those that don't know how to control themselves.
    Spot on.

As for the masked poster, I personally don't want friends and family knowing I poat bollocks on a messageboard so I don't reveal my identity, but that's not to say I "hide behind a keyboard" because anyone who qas to have an issue with me on here could ask me and I wouldn't have an issue in "revealing myself" in private. I don't agree with people not being able to back their words up face to face.. swap football messageboards for works WhatsApp groups for example..plenty of lads get mouthy over txt and seem like little nice when they work together down the line..

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Agree. Why would Smith agree to do that on the night he's up for best actor? There's a room full of famous people, they could just get someone else to do it.

If you step back, it makes no sense.

As for the slap, yes it looks a bit weak and not entirely real. Perhaps Smith's heart wasn't in it.
    maybe to prove he can act..cos his wife certainly can't

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    If someone took the piss out of my wife publicly and in such a personal way I'd do more than slap them.
    So if you were in a comedy show and laughing for 30 minutes at other people misfortune at the butt of the jokes, that's cool. The minute the comedian turns to you and your wife though, that's off limits? Or you would be outraged the very first joke where anybody was the the butt of the joke?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Spot on.

As for the masked poster, I personally don't want friends and family knowing I poat bollocks on a messageboard so I don't reveal my identity, but that's not to say I "hide behind a keyboard" because anyone who qas to have an issue with me on here could ask me and I wouldn't have an issue in "revealing myself" in private. I don't agree with people not being able to back their words up face to face.. swap football messageboards for works WhatsApp groups for example..plenty of lads get mouthy over txt and seem like little nice when they work together down the line..
    You think that if you have a disagreement with someone online you would have that same level of disagreement with them in a pub ?

No chance

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Only for the really stupid amongst us ....... Sludge......
    Even very intelligent people can lose their temper Jimmy .

It's a stage of emotion you need to avoid getting to IMO

Well I clearly do get to decide, because I already have, haven't I!
    So happy to laugh at other people but you or things you care about are off limits? (remember, i clearly said in the context of the show)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    If someone took the piss out of my wife publicly and in such a personal way I'd do more than slap them.
    Backstage maybe though hey? Not in front of millions of people on TV? Smith looks like a bit of a loose unit, laughing one minute and losing it the next. He’s always come across as a bit of cool dude, maybe not so much these days……

Twas a mere slap which caught Rock on the back foot and served its purpose defending his wife's honour.

I see he has apologised unreservedly since learning his Oscar may have to be returned.

Two things spring to mind, there is no such thing as bad publicity and Chris Rock is no Ricky Gervais.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Backstage maybe though hey? Not in front of millions of people on TV? Smith looks like a bit of a loose unit, laughing one minute and losing it the next. He’s always come across as a bit of cool dude, maybe not so much these days……
    Exactly. There's no question that Smith made everything ten times worse by reacting in the moment rather than waiting til later.

Wasn't Chris Rock expressing his right to free speech though? Or is what Will Smith did fine because he's just proving that actions have consequences? But doesn't that make him a snowflake for getting offended by a joke? Love seeing people twist themselves in knots about this

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    heat of the moment though, I am sure only the saints on here can say they haven't done stuff in the heat of the moment that was deemed ( by some ) wrong

We forget, Will is also just a human, he might have seen the upset / hurt on his wife's face and thought, thats it, time to act

imho he stepped back by giving him slap, could have easily been a punch

Smith v Rock on the undercard at the next messageboard Beddau production????

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    So if you were in a comedy show and laughing for 30 minutes at other people misfortune at the butt of the jokes, that's cool. The minute the comedian turns to you and your wife though, that's off limits? Or you would be outraged the very first joke where anybody was the the butt of the joke?
    Your stance is clear. Are you just going to jeep on at everyone that hasa different opinion to you.

You seem offended that people think differently, should we all fall in line with your way of thinking thinking then? People are different. Get on with it.

Your stance is clear. Are you just going to jeep on at everyone that hasa different opinion to you.

You seem offended that people think differently, should we all fall in line with your way of thinking thinking then? People are different. Get on with it.
    I think he's just having a debate on a messageboard isn't he?

double post

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You think that if you have a disagreement with someone online you would have that same level of disagreement with them in a pub ?

No chance
    Personally I would, yes.

Why sat something on paper you wouldn't in a normal situation?

Granted people may not like everything I've said, bit I wouldn't quiver in my boots if I had to repeat it, after all nobody uses violence on here do they because its a perfect board made up of perfect men living perfect lives, so I'd be under no danger anyway.. I believe though that most of the holier than thou lot are putting it on...but yeah I'd repeat what I say on here.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    heat of the moment though, I am sure only the saints on here can say they haven't done stuff in the heat of the moment that was deemed ( by some ) wrong

We forget, Will is also just a human, he might have seen the upset / hurt on his wife's face and thought, thats it, time to act

imho he stepped back by giving him slap, could have easily been a punch
    People in the front row at comedy clubs get roasted all the time and manage to control themselves, and they're generally hammered.

Fewer people resort to violence at the drop of a hat than you give credit.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I think he's just having a debate on a messageboard isn't he?
    Possibly, or just repeating the same opinion to every person that's got a different one?

Not offended at all just trying to understand hypocrisy. This topic is fascinating in "comedy". Like Gervais, Boyle and other say, it's only offensive or off limits if its about you but you'll laugh at your neighbour and i'm trying to help people see this hypocrisy that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Not offended at all just trying to understand hypocrisy. This topic is fascinating in "comedy". Like Gervais, Boyle and other say, it's only offensive or off limits if its about you but you'll laugh at your neighbour and i'm trying to help people see this hypocrisy that's all.
    I did make a post to Jimmy on my stance on comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    People in the front row at comedy clubs get roasted all the time and manage to control themselves, and they're generally hammered.

Fewer people resort to violence at the drop of a hat than you give credit.
    The difference is people go to a comedy club expecting to get roasted, they know they sit at the front, they are fair game ( at least I did when I have been twice, as the couple we went with warned me and said to try and keep it calm )

saying that, this wasn't the front row of a comedy club was it ?

The difference is people go to a comedy club expecting to get roasted, they know they sit at the front, they are fair game ( at least I did when I have been twice, as the couple we went with warned me and said to try and keep it calm )

Good point.

The people you went with had to tell you to keep calm? I guess I'm not surprised as you were praising Smith earlier in the thread.

Front row of a comedy club is the closest any of us are likely to come to this situation - unless you're going to tell us that someone you met at Disney invited you to the Oscars once

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Working link as this site censors that one

https://tinyurl.com/5dnn3kja

The BAFTAs were a couple of weeks ago. Fair play, she's got good prediction skills.