+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Help Us Feed Families And Individuals Struggling In Cardiff

Help Us Feed Families And Individuals Struggling In Cardiff

The message below was sent out to Trust members yesterday, can anyone on here help?

"Help Us Feed Families And Individuals Struggling In Cardiff

Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust – with full support from Cardiff City – will hold a second foodbank collection to help those struggling to put food on the table.

A food donation point will be set up from 12.30pm close to the Trust office (near Gate 5) before Cardiff City’s clash against Luton Town (3pm) on Easter Monday, April 18th, 2022.

Food collected will be delivered to the Cardiff Foodbank Centre which supports foodbanks across the city and the Trust hopes to carry out more collections for foodbanks in south-east Wales next season.

Trust vice-chairman David Craig and Trust board member Richard Lewis have visited the city foodbank centre to, learn about the work they do to help those in poverty, talk about the planned collection and discuss what food items are most needed.

We know these are very tough times for the vast majority of people due to rocketing energy, fuel and food prices but it is those who already have little we believe need particular help.

Here is a list of food items most urgently needed by the foodbank: Sponge Puddings, Longlife Fruit Juice, Tinned Fruit, Instant Coffee, Custard UHT/Longlife Milk, Microwavable Rice & Pasta, Rice Pudding, Deoderant, and Chocolate Bars.

If you are able to donate items we would be pleased to receive them and cash donations for the Cardiff Foodbank would also be welcomed on April 18th.

Cardiff Foodbank operates from eight locations across the city with 160 active volunteers."

Re: Help Us Feed Families And Individuals Struggling In Cardiff

Nice one Trust 👍

I am giving to my local food bank at this tough time

Re: Help Us Feed Families And Individuals Struggling In Cardiff

I went to see some local skin / punk bands last night all money raised is going to the cardiff food bank to buy food