+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Madrid Worth A City Break ?

Is Madrid Worth A City Break ?

Our very own Gareth Bale is probably best placed to answer, but doubt he will. I was going to the Foo Fighters concert, which has been cancelled for obvious reasons, I have flights booked, but wonder if there is enough to keep me and the Mrs occupied for three full days ? Anyone done similar ?

Re: Is Madrid Worth A City Break ?

A great city, brilliant for restaurants and beer. Keep your wallet secure though it is notorious for pick pocket gangs.

Definitely. It's not in Division One with classic cities like Paris and Rome but it's a very decent Division Two side in my opinion.

Been there. Enjoyed it. Not as many attractions as some other cities but a tour of the Bernabao, a visit to the station, a cable car ride, The Prado, lovely parks, shops. You could probably find some other shows or theatre as well.

Also less than 3 hours to Barcelona on a high speed train if you needed to fill a day.

a few couples I know went before covid, the blokes did a Bernabao tour.

they went Saturday morning and came back Monday lunch time, they all appeared to fill the time

Definitely.Don’t forget the open top bus tours too. Really interesting to see what else the city has to offer.

Nice place to go for a City break. Decent shopping and restaurants. Went to see Real v Betis and The stadium was 75%full almost empty at the end when Real were 2-0 down with Bale an unused sub. The underground doesn't give many useful information though

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Our very own Gareth Bale is probably best placed to answer, but doubt he will. I was going to the Foo Fighters concert, which has been cancelled for obvious reasons, I have flights booked, but wonder if there is enough to keep me and the Mrs occupied for three full days ? Anyone done similar ?
    Oh defiantly, i'm Barcelona based and whilst it doesn't have the sea and few shiny old buildings, it top our city on food and wine and partying.
    Depending on your interests you can do a great civil war tour, Madrid sadly gets over looked in some respect for the fight they put up.

"Is City worth a Madrid break" is a better question from a Bale perspective!

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Oh defiantly, i'm Barcelona based and whilst it doesn't have the sea and few shiny old buildings, it top our city on food and wine and partying.
    Depending on your interests you can do a great civil war tour, Madrid sadly gets over looked in some respect for the fight they put up.
    Defiantly or definitely, depends on your approach

Oh yes wonderful City the Bario District is great , you sense the history there ,well worth a visit.

Go on Trip Advisor, and look up things to do in Madrid. There's loads.

Yes. Great city. Amazing architecture. Great food.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Yes. Great city. Amazing architecture. Great food.
    This. One of my favourite cities.

Barcelona is better, IMO. It won't necessarily be hot at this time of year just yet, though. I've been twice in March/April and have been caught out by how chilly it was. I've been once in mid June and it was scorching.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Oh yes wonderful City the Bario District is great , you sense the history there ,well worth a visit.
    Bario is Spanish for district. I have a friend called (first name, 1st surname) Jon Del Bario, which translates as Jon from the neighborhood