+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worse than Maidstone 5 0 1992 that was

Worse than Maidstone 5 0 1992 that was

At least the players in 1992 were still hung over from new years eve so they had that excuse at least.

What's today's showers excuse?

Only bright side is we can save on our washing bill as can't imagine any of the city kits will need washing. Pathetic.

Re: Worse than Maidstone 5 0 1992 that was

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    At least the players in 1992 were still hung over from new years eve so they had that excuse at least.

Only bright side is we can save on our washing bill as can't imagine any of the city kits will need washing. Pathetic.
    Never been so embarrassed, Morisons stubbornness cost us. Basically conceded before kicking a ball. They can all **** off

Amen to that, theyve absolutely disgraced us in our own ground. ****ing pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Amen to that, theyve absolutely disgraced us in our own ground. ****ing pathetic
    I could accept it if they were outstanding and gave us a footballing lesson. But they weren't.

In terms of which side was responsible for that scoreline I'd say it was 90% due to our performance.

Absolute horrible performance. Tan & Morrison et al can do one. Probably played worse than 5 at the back McCarthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

We were truly awful. Didn`t even do the basics right for most of the game.

If the rumours are correct that next season there will be a player wage cap of £12k a week each, then no-one can claim that they deserve even that much based on today`s performance.

Out of interest did anyone notice if any of the club directors other than Steve Borley made the effort to turn up for today`s game? The majority of the directors of course have never been to a game but couldn`t see from where I sit whether Mehmet Dalman or Ken Choo were there.

We've all seen the City lose on countless occasions but the gutless don't give a shit defeat today was criminal. I wish I could put into words how angry I am.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Never been so embarrassed, Morisons stubbornness cost us. Basically conceded before kicking a ball. They can all **** off
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    We've all seen the City lose on countless occasions but the gutless don't give a shit defeat today was criminal. I wish I could put into words how angry I am.
    I think it was far more to do with tactical ineptitude and lack of basic skills than not trying.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    What do you mean?
    Stubbornness to not play Colwill and likening his need to be protected to that of Phil Foden 🙄

Conceding that they’d have 70% of the ball and doing NOTHING to counteract that. I still don’t know what our game plan was

Stubbornness to not play Colwill and likening his need to be protected to that of Phil Foden 🙄

Conceding that they’d have 70% of the ball and doing NOTHING to counteract that. I still don’t know what our game plan was
    Mental not to start Colwill, just scored for his country on cloud 9 ready for the derby and he's benched because Morison thinks he's Pep!

Beat half of their defence about 5 minutes after coming on as well!

What do you mean?
    Aimlessly sending the ball long to Hughill and Harris and therefore losing possession to their ball playing defenders?

Not pressing the Swansea back four in any coordinated way (in the first half certainly)?

Being overrun in midfield?

Not being prepared for their various short corner routines (God forbid we try anything so inventive)?

Ralls just lobbing corners into their keeper’s hands?

Only one player ever showing for the numerous throws that we had?

Zero apparent shape or obvious tactics?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Aimlessly sending the ball long to Hughill and Harris and therefore losing possession to their ball playing defenders?

Not pressing the Swansea back four in any coordinated way (in the first half certainly)?

Not being prepared for their various short corner routines (God forbid we try anything so inventive)?

Also what he said 😂

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Mental not to start Colwill, just scored for his country on cloud 9 ready for the derby and he's benched because Morison thinks he's Pep!

Beat half of their defence about 5 minutes after coming on as well!
    Have to say I don't think colwill starting would have made any difference as the game plan would have been the same. However re Morison thinking he's pep is funny. Maybe he saw a clip on sky sports news and thought it sounded good.

It's not about who started or who didn't- for me it's about the stubbornness to think that the game plan was working, even after the second goal was conceded that was most disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    It's not about who started or who didn't- for me it's about the stubbornness to think that the game plan was working, even after the second goal was conceded that was most disappointing.
    Are you saying you know what the game plan was?

It is a stupid comparison, but we all know what is meant by it don't we.

It hurts, bad, to lose like this, but in a weird twist we looked better eith him on yet still conceded 2 goals, could you imagine he started and we lost 4 nil anyway? I personally don't mind him leaving him out here and there, and without hindsight also agreed eith Harris starting as he seems to make decent runs...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Cheers. I was more curious about the person I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The idea there was a gameplan is news to me

Really we don't have a consistent gameplan. Swansea do, they have a clear idea of what they want and an idea in their head of what goal they want to score, we don't. It seems our game is built around moments instead - an interception out wide, a nice bit of skill, but if you give us the ball we have no idea what to do except lump it and try to buy a free kick, which is a plan of sorts I suppose

It may improve next season and I hope it does but today is a reality check for the people who seem to think next season will be a doddle under Morison

Really we don't have a consistent gameplan. Swansea do, they have a clear idea of what they want and an idea in their head of what goal they want to score, we don't. It seems our game is built around moments instead - an interception out wide, a nice bit of skill, but if you give us the ball we have no idea what to do except lump it and try to buy a free kick, which is a plan of sorts I suppose

It may improve next season and I hope it does but today is a reality check for the people who seem to think next season will be a doddle under Morison
    Who thinks it'll be a dodfle under him next season?

I'm.all for giving him a chance and I'm not at all surprised he's been given a lesson, most managers have it in their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Reminds me of that Blackadder Goes Forth episode in the hospital.

Melchett: You look surprised, Blackadder.

Edmund: I certainly am, sir. I didn’t realise we had any battle plans.

Melchett: Well, of course we have! How else do you think the battles are directed?

Edmund: Our battles are directed, sir?

We have a plan but it is primitive. Get it to Hugill's feet, he holds it up and play from there, with the width entirely coming from the wing backs. Or we use Davies to stretch the pitch. That's it. We sit back in defence and let them play, and back ourselves to break. All of this played perfectly into Swansea's hands. Both wing backs got pushed right back and that was that.

Re next season, Colwill has to play every game remaining this year. He needs experience to make better decisions, so give him it. All this garbage about Pep and Foden is rubbish, he's one of our best players and we don't have about 8 players like him that Man City do with Foden. Sure he's raw but he's going to be some player. God, I hate Morison. He's so unlikeable.

Who thinks it'll be a dodfle under him next season?

I'm.all for giving him a chance and I'm not at all surprised he's been given a lesson, most managers have it in their careers.
    Quite a few people are saying what a good job he's doing etc and can't wait for next season etc.

We're going to be without Smithies, Drameh, Flint, Ralls, Doyle, Hugill from today's line up. They're all at a bare minimum good Championship players. We'll struggle to replace the loanees with better. Next season is going to be another battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Quite a few people are saying what a good job he's doing etc and can't wait for next season etc.

We're going to be without Smithies, Drameh, Flint, Ralls, Doyle, Hugill from today's line up. They're all at a bare minimum good Championship players. We'll struggle to replace the loanees with better. Next season is going to be another battle.
    That's not the same as thinking it'll be a doddle though is it?

That's not the same as thinking it'll be a doddle though is it?
    A lot of people seem awfully confident we'll be safe as houses under Morison.