+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: At 3pm yesterday, the season was 39 games in, and we were 1 point and one place above Swansea.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: At 3pm yesterday, the season was 39 games in, and we were 1 point and one place above Swansea.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    “We looked disorganised and nervous.”

I have come to the conclusion that this is our main issue with these Derby’s over the years.
    We start by picking a team which is too defensive and our players seem to freeze on the day while Swansea strut about almost knowing they can beat us
    Looking back, Hugill made a hash of 3/4 really decent chances, Colwill mishit one and completely missed wildly at another. All added together would suggest to me that we were nervous and totally lacking in confidence from the 1st few minutes. Sometimes in matches little things or moments, or passages of play can change the nature of a game. But we don't have a Lee Tomlin in our entire squad who might have still had a bit of confidence on the ball to get a few minutes of good play out of the team and get the crowd going.

Re: At 3pm yesterday, the season was 39 games in, and we were 1 point and one place above Swansea.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Looking back, Hugill made a hash of 3/4 really decent chances, Colwill mishit one and completely missed wildly at another. All added together would suggest to me that we were nervous and totally lacking in confidence from the 1st few minutes. Sometimes in matches little things or moments, or passages of play can change the nature of a game. But we don't have a Lee Tomlin in our entire squad who might have still had a bit of confidence on the ball to get a few minutes of good play out of the team and get the crowd going.
    I agree. I'd just change nervous for shell-shocked. If it had been a tennis match, we choked.