+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swansea are a better footballing side than us

Swansea are a better footballing side than us

And in my memory always have been

However when the season finishes its likely we are going to be fairly close on points

I have absolutely no idea where I am going with this so I am going to leave it there whilst the going is good

God bless you all

Re: Swansea are a better footballing side than us

No shit Sherlock

Even the goalkeeper was better

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    No shit Sherlock

Even the goalkeeper was better
    You beat a side like Swansea by scaring the crap out of them for 90 minutes

They don't like it up em

You could substitute any team in that title.

Everyone seems to have the opinion that they are an extremely good footballing side but they are 16th, one place above us.
    They don’t seem to frighten other sides like they do City

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Everyone seems to have the opinion that they are an extremely good footballing side but they are 16th, one place above us.
    They have always played nice football

But they are not Brazil 1970

It wouldn't surprise me if we both have shaggy seasons next year but we grab a one nil win down the statue of liberty

They will all shut up then . This double thing is absolutely meaningless .

Game over , get on with it City .

I'm not so sure they frighten City so much, but their games against us define their season. Look at how well they usually start a derby match. For years it has meant more to them than virtually any game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm not so sure they frighten City so much, but their games against us define their season. Look at how well they usually start a derby match. For years it has meant more to them than virtually any game.
    Isn’t that how derbies against your fiercest rivals are supposed to make you feel?

Great point, which leads to the way we play and our tactics, which like Swansea, is unique in a lot of ways in this Division, different, but polar opposites. You're correct when you say that the majority of sides have the tactical ability to combat Swansea, because they are more flexible and have a coach who has the confidence to allow his players to push swansea in midfield, force them backwards. Our 'Unique' approach doesn't allow for that, it never has, we allow possession, time on the ball,don't get our midfielders in advanced positions, defenders don't step out. It's rigid, completely rigid, and if there was ever a style of play that thrives against our system, it's Swansea's, even though they aren't up to much.

We allowed that to happen yesterday, that's the biggest disappointment, played into their hands, and that's because we play a rigid, crappy, flat style of football that only sees our wingbacks as an advanced threat, Stop them and we are ****ed, we beat ourselves, because there are no other options or ideas.

Correct. Their manager wants them to play out from the back, but they're not very good at it when put under pressure. Our tactic of pressing with two or three players and the rest dropping deep made them look far better than they actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Correct. Their manager wants them to play out from the back, but they're not very good at it when put under pressure. Our tactic of pressing with two or three players and the rest dropping deep made them look far better than they actually are.
    And meant they could continuously find open spaces. We should have gone man for man against them and pressed all over the pitch, or not at all. Pressing 2 or 3 against a competent side is worse than not pressing at all, as they'll beat that press easily and take those 3 out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    And meant they could continuously find open spaces. We should have gone man for man against them and pressed all over the pitch, or not at all. Pressing 2 or 3 against a competent side is worse than not pressing at all, as they'll beat that press easily and take those 3 out of the game.
    Did we try to press them like that before the first goal? I missed the start of the game stuck in a big queue to get into the stadium. I'm wondering if the plan was to sit back and let them have the ball, but them scoring early forced us to do something different.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Did we try to press them like that before the first goal? I missed the start of the game stuck in a big queue to get into the stadium. I'm wondering if the plan was to sit back and let them have the ball, but them scoring early forced us to do something different.
    So you missed the absolute sitter they missed after about 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    So you missed the absolute sitter they missed after about 30 seconds.
    Yes. We were 1-0 behind before I got to my seat.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    And in my memory always have been

However when the season finishes its likely we are going to be fairly close on points

I have absolutely no idea where I am going with this so I am going to leave it there whilst the going is good

God bless you all
    Wrong tactics yesterday. Don’t sit back whatever, what did we do? Probably should have started with Rubin and Davies who would have been Uber keen and in their faces like they always are to us. Another lacking showing from us, they must love playing us…..

Backs to the wall v Peterborough a few weeks ago also, they were lucky to come away with a win by all accounts and Martin ball was under big pressure. They had a far easier ride yesterday than they did at London rd

I do think they played some good football yesterday and looked confident with the ball. None of their players panicked. I really like Grimes. It's sometimes hard to know exactly how the goals come about without replays but I suspect they look really good from a neutrals point of view.

A lot of comments around me were along the lines of 'how are they only one place above us?'

I'll probably get burned at the stake for saying I enjoyed watching them yesterday. There was some good football out there it just wasn't from us.

Something more than tactics was off yesterday though (and they were way off). Something wasn't right in the camp. That's my feeling being close to the dugout. It wasn't just the style that was flat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Isn’t that how derbies against your fiercest rivals are supposed to make you feel?
    Absolutely.

Over the last 7 games against them the aggregate is 13-1. There are precious few occasions where we've only scored 1 goal in 7 successive games. We've only managed 0 goals in 7 successive league games once, our current last 7 vs Spurs.

I can understand a side like Tottenham having an excellent record given the gulf between the clubs. To have such a poor record against our biggest rivals shows how much more they care about the tie and should be seen as shameful from our perspective.

If only they could spell!

Doube plus good!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    If only they could spell!

Doube plus good!
    It'll never get old. It was the only silver lining from yesterday. At least they f*cked up the celebratory banner.

To be fair that is the best we have played for a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    To be fair that is the best we have played for a long long time.
    But we were shit

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    But we were shit

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    how you doing long time since you have posted hope all is well

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Great point, which leads to the way we play and our tactics, which like Swansea, is unique in a lot of ways in this Division, different, but polar opposites. You're correct when you say that the majority of sides have the tactical ability to combat Swansea, because they are more flexible and have a coach who has the confidence to allow his players to push swansea in midfield, force them backwards. Our 'Unique' approach doesn't allow for that, it never has, we allow possession, time on the ball,don't get our midfielders in advanced positions, defenders don't step out. It's rigid, completely rigid, and if there was ever a style of play that thrives against our system, it's Swansea's, even though they aren't up to much.

We allowed that to happen yesterday, that's the biggest disappointment, played into their hands, and that's because we play a rigid, crappy, flat style of football that only sees our wingbacks as an advanced threat, Stop them and we are ****ed, we beat ourselves, because there are no other options or ideas.
    I think this is correct. It makes sense.