+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swansea are a better footballing side than us

Re: Swansea are a better footballing side than us

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What does that mean? We don’t play a “variety of football”, we’re as one dimensional as Swansea’s critics say they are.
    And our One dimensional style of play is ridiculously difficult to change. It' also lazy.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    They won their game in hand last night and are now 8 points in front of us.
    Yes I was surprised at that, I suppose the win was so comfortable it's given them confidence.

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Spot on….surely it can’t be that easy to find players who can play a bit though? They usually cost money….how do they find them? They don’t seem to be bringing many through their much talked about a academy whereas we appear to be….can SM change that culture and make us play a bit more with the new young breed who can play? Or will Tan just sell the Jewell’s and we go back to being useless cloggers?
    They've picked more good managers than bad, Martinez, Souza (sorted the defence), Rodgers, Laudrup, then a few duffers and they went down and got worse, then Potter and Cooper is looking like a good choice.

The recruitment has also been good and they've signed and loaned more good players than bad.

I think the best manager you can get is the key, use a large percentage of your budget on getting the best or develop system to find the best up and coming manager.

We should be scouting for a replacement now whether it's this season or next we should never stop looking, succession planning not panic appointments.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    They've picked more good managers than bad, Martinez, Souza (sorted the defence), Rodgers, Laudrup, then a few duffers and they went down and got worse, then Potter and Cooper is looking like a good choice.

The recruitment has also been good and they've signed and loaned more good players than bad.

I think the best manager you can get is the key, use a large percentage of your budget on getting the best or develop system to find the best up and coming manager.

We should be scouting for a replacement now whether it's this season or next we should never stop looking, succession planning not panic appointments.
    Well said, I wonder who the last managerial appointment was at City where how much they were costing us wasn’t a primary motivation behind the decision? Ole probably, maybe they were put off by what happened with him?

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well said, I wonder who the last managerial appointment was at City where how much they were costing us wasn’t a primary motivation behind the decision? Ole probably, maybe they were put off by what happened with him?
    Yes he probably was, I just think it's probably lack of direction, we seem to be constantly reacting rather than planning?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Yes he probably was, I just think it's probably lack of direction, we seem to be constantly reacting rather than planning?
    Exactly, you can see that, why can't the club? Every manager we have had since Trollope (and he was never going to be correct choice) has been a reaction. Each one of them with differing degrees of steamroller tactics that are employed based on the fact that it ignores the details, the nuances, patience involved in building something sustainable. Fingers crossed short termism that has us bringing the bulldozers in every 18 months. I have to be honest, i am sick of it.

I have no problem with us losing games and not challenging for play offs if the performance is there, if i can see something developing which looks like it could reach fruition jn to something positive and something that can be improved or changed without a great deal of disruption every 18 months, that shows progress, however small that progress is.

I've had it with Steve Morison's basic football which in fairness will hoodwink our fans into thinking it's progressive, we've been starved so badly of creativity for o long and a will to set up and play from the start that shows that we want to win the game, not just react to the opposition. The bar i so low within our fanbase that it's utterly depressing on times when we crow from the highest rooftop over a goal that saw three passes or a good bit of individual skill. It's boring and predictable in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Exactly, you can see that, why can't the club? Every manager we have had since Trollope (and he was never going to be correct choice) has been a reaction. Each one of them with differing degrees of steamroller tactics that are employed based on the fact that it ignores the details, the nuances, patience involved in building something sustainable. Fingers crossed short termism that has us bringing the bulldozers in every 18 months. I have to be honest, i am sick of it.

I have no problem with us losing games and not challenging for play offs if the performance is there, if i can see something developing which looks like it could reach fruition jn to something positive and something that can be improved or changed without a great deal of disruption every 18 months, that shows progress, however small that progress is.

I've had it with Steve Morison's basic football which in fairness will hoodwink our fans into thinking it's progressive, we've been starved so badly of creativity for o long and a will to set up and play from the start that shows that we want to win the game, not just react to the opposition. The bar i so low within our fanbase that it's utterly depressing on times when we crow from the highest rooftop over a goal that saw three passes or a good bit of individual skill. It's boring and predictable in my opinion.
    Football is and can be so much better than the crap we’ve had to watch for around a decade.