+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would it be better if we were being relegated ?

Would it be better if we were being relegated ?

At least then quite a number of posters on here would be very happy.

Re: Would it be better if we were being relegated ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Don’t talk bollox super fan.
    That was as pathetic a showing as it gets. We pay our money and we are entitled to call a turd a turd!

People should be able to air their discontent with yesterday's performance. Presumably if you had your way, we would be pursuing policies akin to Putins in Russia, including the arrest, maiming and killing of innocent civilians.

No.we'd never get back up again

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    People should be able to air their discontent with yesterday's performance. Presumably if you had your way, we would be pursuing policies akin to Putins in Russia, including the arrest, maiming and killing of innocent civilians.
    I think you have stooped to new depths there, comparing what Putin is doing to innocent Ukrainians and his own citizens to what is happening around a football game but that gives me an indication as to where your warped morals lie. Never the less, there is a considerable difference between ‘airing discontent’ and what went on during and after the game and then has been repeated on a number of occasions on here since.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Don’t talk bollox super fan.
    That was as pathetic a showing as it gets. We pay our money and we are entitled to call a turd a turd!
    Just stating a fact. Presumably, if you were even at the game, you must of been one of the fans calling Morison a c*** and telling our own players that they were a disgrace and not fit to wear the shirt. Does paying £25 to enter a football stadium or sitting at home behind a keyboard entitle people to do that ?

People learn from their mistakes. If you don't, you're not good enough.

Yesterday was an absolute aberration. It cannot be tolerated. If the club don't learn from this, and history suggests they won't, they're failing everyone, including the supporters. Bar the three seasons in which the club had massive figureheads, almost of all on Tan's time here has been an absolute shambles.

Do you really think the club are looking for the positives from yesterday? They should be analysing everything that went wrong and trying to fix it. Although that assumes Morison is able to criticise his own work and accept some fault, so I won't hold my breath.

Just stating a fact. Presumably, if you were even at the game, you must of been one of the fans calling Morison a c*** and telling our own players that they were a disgrace and not fit to wear the shirt. Does paying £25 to enter a football stadium or sitting at home behind a keyboard entitle people to do that ?
    Yes, i was at the game for 80 minutes, and no, i wasn’t one of the fans calling Morrison a cu*t. That’s not my style.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Yes, i was at the game for 80 minutes, and no, i wasn’t one of the fans calling Morrison a cu*t. That’s not my style.
    OK but according to you it is ok for people to do that just because they paid to get in.

I think you have stooped to new depths there, comparing what Putin is doing to innocent Ukrainians and his own citizens to what is happening around a football game but that gives me an indication as to where your warped morals lie. Never the less, there is a considerable difference between ‘airing discontent’ and what went on during and after the game and then has been repeated on a number of occasions on here since.
    I would certainly feel stupid if they were my comparative words I agree!

OK but according to you it is ok for people to do that just because they paid to get in.
    I’ve not said that either. Your problem is, you just wont have a bad word said about the club or the players. The term “Happy clapper” was introduced for fans like you.

Were fans actually heard calling Morison a c**t. Cant say I heard anything like that against him or any individual players.

No.

What a stupid question.

Morisons my job was to keep us in the Championship comments yesterday were pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Were fans actually heard calling Morison a c**t. Cant say I heard anything like that against him or any individual players.
    I didn't hear anybody using language like that and I'm pretty close to the technical area. A few people told him to 'sort it out' and variations of that theme but nobody swore at him. He didn't like it. Every other manager has either ignored or reacted by doing something positive.

Most of the time he looked bored rigid. Was silent. Like a cardboard cutout. It was bad. The whole vibe around the dugout subs warming up etc. was really weird. He really did look shell-shocked. I suspect he thought that it was going to be a straightforward win for us because he just didn't know what to do.

I honestly don't think he'll last next season.

I also agree that this has really damaged us as a club. There were a lot of casuals in the Grandstand yesterday as I suspect, there were everywhere else. They weren't impressed and many left at 0-2. It's all very well saying, oh well, they're not real supporters, but that's really unfair. They paid to be entertained and see a competitive derby. Some of them may have been swayed to buy season tickets.

People should be able to air their discontent with yesterday's performance. Presumably if you had your way, we would be pursuing policies akin to Putins in Russia, including the arrest, maiming and killing of professional footballers and their manager.
    I've altered your comments to better suit dml1954

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I didn't hear anybody using language like that and I'm pretty close to the technical area. A few people told him to 'sort it out' and variations of that theme but nobody swore at him. He didn't like it. Every other manager has either ignored or reacted by doing something positive.

Most of the time he looked bored rigid. Was silent. Like a cardboard cutout. It was bad. The whole vibe around the dugout subs warming up etc. was really weird. He really did look shell-shocked. I suspect he thought that it was going to be a straightforward win for us because he just didn't know what to do.

I honestly don't think he'll last next season.

I also agree that this has really damaged us as a club. There were a lot of casuals in the Grandstand yesterday as I suspect, there were everywhere else. They weren't impressed and many left at 0-2. It's all very well saying, oh well, they're not real supporters, but that's really unfair. They paid to be entertained and see a competitive derby. Some of them may have been swayed to buy season tickets.
    Interesting comments. Why do you think Morison won't last next season? My take on Morison/next season is that we'll end up somewhere mid-table which will adequately Tan & Co. I do honestly think he isn't interested in us anymore. I doubt he'll give Morison a shed load of money to purchase expensive players pre season, and he won't have to fork out mega bucks to stop us doing down. Morison will be given just enough to spend on a few players and get a couple of prem loanees in and keep us floating about mid table

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Interesting comments. Why do you think Morison won't last next season? My take on Morison/next season is that we'll end up somewhere mid-table which will adequately Tan & Co. I do honestly think he isn't interested in us anymore. I doubt he'll give Morison a shed load of money to purchase expensive players pre season, and he won't have to fork out mega bucks to stop us doing down. Morison will be given just enough to spend on a few players and get a couple of prem loanees in and keep us floating about mid table
    His inexperience and personality. In my view, we're not a club and neither is The Championship a place for someone like Morison to 'learn'. There are a lot of managers out there who are probably wondering 'how the hell did he get that gig?' I think he'll crack.

I totally agree that there's no interest. If we're at the wrong end of the table by January they'll start twitching and then do something after the transfer window and rinse and repeat. I just think we'll be at the wrong end and mid-table will be the sunny uplands.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    His inexperience and personality. In my view, we're not a club and neither is The Championship a place for someone like Morison to 'learn'. There are a lot of managers out there who are probably wondering 'how the hell did he get that gig?' I think he'll crack.

I totally agree that there's no interest. If we're at the wrong end of the table by January they'll start twitching and then do something after the transfer window and rinse and repeat. I just think we'll be at the wrong end and mid-table will be the sunny uplands.
    Yes, I agree with you whole heartedly about Morison's lack of experience hindering us going forward and I'm not fussed on his personality either. He's stopped us going down, so me personally, I'd pay him off in the summer and look for a decent foreign coach or someone who has the experience and can get us playing some half decent football again. I wish we had gone for Steve Cooper. Would he have come here though? I'm sure he knows he would have got grief off the same brain dead morons who booed Leggy and Bowen when they first came here, whenever we lost a game, or didn't play. Look how well Forest have done under him, since he came in though. Anyway, I am digressing. Like you, I feel no progress will be made next season. I really hope I am proved wrong though

That's quite an incredible reply to a general football post.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    That's quite an incredible reply to a general football post.
    I know. I thought that when dml1954 used those exact words in making a crazy comparison in another thread. Thought I would try it out on his ridiculous assertion that fans would think it better if we were relegated because of how they reacted to yesterday's humiliation!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Yes, I agree with you whole heartedly about Morison's lack of experience hindering us going forward and I'm not fussed on his personality either. He's stopped us going down, so me personally, I'd pay him off in the summer and look for a decent foreign coach or someone who has the experience and can get us playing some half decent football again. I wish we had gone for Steve Cooper. Would he have come here though? I'm sure he knows he would have got grief off the same brain dead morons who booed Leggy and Bowen when they first came here, whenever we lost a game, or didn't play. Look how well Forest have done under him, since he came in though. Anyway, I am digressing. Like you, I feel no progress will be made next season. I really hope I am proved wrong though
    I'm a big Cooper fan. The Martin v Morison face-off next season will be interesting. It will certainly be fascinating to see how the two managers compare, especially as Swansea has produced two decent (underappreciated) managers recently (Potter/Cooper).

Not really.
    Lose overpaid contracts.
    Get in better value players experienced in championship battles.
    Look for good loans next year .
    Support our youngsters .

I would certainly feel stupid if they were my comparative words I agree!
    Who’s comparative words were they then, because they certainly weren't mine.

I know. I thought that when dml1954 used those exact words in making a crazy comparison in another thread. Thought I would try it out on his ridiculous assertion that fans would think it better if we were relegated because of how they reacted to yesterday's humiliation!
    Now you are just lying to cover your tracks.